Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

All My Friends Know The Low Rider

Haha love it! (And the title.) Fantastic painting job, the base looks awesome too.

• Like 2

Thanks! I've since touched up the base a with a some more water effects giving the water more movement. 1st attempt at making water and I've learned some things by not following my gut and going with the instructions included with the stuff. Instructions were more if you wanted something simple on a train board.

I wanted him to look like he was a bit dirty from traveling through the woods. He was part of my 1st mini purchases back around February, took me a while to get to him and he may have taken the longest so far for me to paint. He was exhausting and I may have bit off more than I was able to chew with him. I think I am going to stick to smaller stuff for a while.

Edited by Mutilatedlips

I have recently decided to go back,  touch up and take better pics of some of my previous painted Reaper minis. I only have a few and I hope people don't mind a bump from me each time I refinish one.

I left an old pic in to give a comparison. 

Thorvald riding the bear is one of my favorite models...period and I really thought he deserved a second chance show off.

I gave this guy a quick bit of highlighting and added some needed movement to the water.

I can still see more areas to improve on (I am sure it will always be that way with most models), but without completely repainting the guy, I am calling this one done....for now. :)

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pochi
      I painted the Bones Black, Bones, and Wizkids owlbears as Great Horned Owls. This is the Bones Black owlbear. Not sure why it isn't in the store, even under the special edition section. I used the number it was assigned my order form. Anyway, it is a pretty cool model! I have several of them so will be able to paint them as different types of owls. I definitely need a Hedwig owlbear!

• By Auberon
      I have had some VMA Signal Red (metallic) gathering dust for quite a while, so this morning I decided to try it out.  Three hours later (including finding and shaking the paint) I have a complete test subject. I think that given the time to really work with it a person could do a decent TMM red with it.  As is, I have a tabletop ready dwarf.

• By Loim
      I started this conversion a loooong time ago for a friend who needed a dorf with an axe, and I did not at the time have a dorf with an axe. I was never quite happy with it, and the game died quickly. I forgot all about this little guy until recently, and I decided to finish him, and queue him up for the paints. I initially started with a clay weapon sculpt, but while I was fiddling with it it broke. In a fit of rage I cut a piece of aluminum stock and after a few hours of shaping we got here. I did a bit more shaping after this photo, and I plan on doing a bit of Apoxie Sculpt to blend in where the old weapon was cut away. For the surgery I used a #11 Scalpel. All the shaping was done with a #8 Double Cut Mill Bastard and diamond files. 

• By Kangaroorex
      I Don't have much to go on with this dragon.  its another one that has been sitting half finished on my shelf forever.  the bottom has some script on the bottom that looks like FWS and an 8.  other than that I don't have any clue where it comes from. 

but I finally dusted the mini off, freshened up the red (It was becoming a pink dragon) and decided to display it here.  hope everyone enjoys!

• By Kangaroorex
      What else to finish off the month of January but another dragon from my shelf of shame?  This is Ollie.  Ollie is from Impact miniatures and is supposed to be a mascot for one of the bloodbowl teams.  Tom Acquired the license to produce him and I got a copy.  I used him to test a number of different red effects and styles while working on another, bigger dragon.  The skills may not have panned out like I wanted but Ollie still came out pretty well and deserved to be finished and shown off.  Pictures are still with a phone camera but at least I got to my light box!  So without further ado:

• Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 174 Guests (See full list)