Sign in to follow this  
Ellusionist

Stretchy Chainmail Dice Bags by Nicholas Taylor

Saw this on KS.

If I didn't already have a chainmail dice bag actually made by a co-worker for me (a double-ringed nice one) I'd prolly be in for another Kickstarter.

I really need to stay out of this forum.

Oh, those are cute.

I'm not sure I need one, though.

My thirty-year-old gold curtain brocade dice bag disintegrated last year. My husband suggested I substitute a drawstring gift bag I had made from an astronauts-and-ufos cotton print, which it turned out was a clever distraction for him to get me a lovely black one decorated with spiders and webs and glow-in-the-dark skull beads.

• Like 3

I do like these...but I game at home (one of many benefits to being DM) and my dice collection is a bit large to use such a bag...I have boxes, bins, buckets...I even have a nut-bowl of dice.

Still, I like these. Hmm.

OLD SKOOL!!! Crown Royal bag!!!! ^_^

thou I'd like to get the camo pattern one someday... :huh:

If I hadn't already figured out how to knit scale-mail dice bags I might be tempted. ^_^

Then you should setup an Etsy account and get cracking. That would be a cool backup or a present for my daughter. *nods* Yeah.

• Like 1

Most of the etsy ones that i found were for pretty small bags that were around 20. At least with this one, it is good size.

I do admit it is tempting when you can choose what colors you want in it. Some of the fancier ones would do symbols for sets in mtg.

If I hadn't already figured out how to knit scale-mail dice bags I might be tempted. ^_^

Then you should setup an Etsy account and get cracking. That would be a cool backup or a present for my daughter. *nods* Yeah.

There are lots of Etsy shops that sell knitted scale dice bags, I just couldn't bring myself to pay the premium to have someone else knit it for me. (My wrists also couldn't handle the output required to start a shop of my own.) If you're having trouble finding one, try the search term "knitted scale maille dice bag". And if you want to persuade a knitter you know, The Ring Lord is the manufacturer of the scales most people use.

• Like 1

I probably have everything here to make a scale one.. i just need to finish learning to do scale.. chain I'm familiar with

Of course I'm about to head to some really good shopping for this kind of thing for 2 weeks so...

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 1

I probably have everything here to make a scale one.. i just need to finish learning to do scale.. chain I'm familiar with

Of course I'm about to head to some really good shopping for this kind of thing for 2 weeks so...

Pennsic?