Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

Vanara Mini Help?

So I'm GM'ing a group and we play Pathfinder. One of the guys is playing a Vanaras Monk (Zen Archer) and I have no idea where to find a monkey-man with a bow.

Could anyone help out with finding a figure that would work for a bow-wielding planet of the apes type of character?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

If you don't mind doing a conversion then I would go with a Fenryll's Monkey King take the staff off and replace it with a bow. Just google Fenryll's Monkey King to see it. or

Cassu did a great one you can take a look at http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/50390-fenrylls-monkey-king/

Looks great, but Cassu said it was super fragile-brittle.

I think the problems are the tail and the staff. If you remove the staff and replace with a bow that will take care of that. If the tail is a problem you could always remove it and replace it with some wire and green stuff and make your own tail. Or get a tail from reapers bone yard. It will depend on how much work you want to do on it.

• Like 1

As people have said, the Monkey King is very fragile. The thing that gave me the most trouble was his staff, so if you're thinking of replacing that any way you shouldn't have any problems.

The only thing to watch out for if be careful cutting it off his sprue, one foot did break off when I cut the mini off the sprue.

Magnificent Egos used to make a monkey-ninja mini that, iirc, could be converted to hold a bow fairly readily. Hard to find, though. Fantization actually claims to have one in stock: "Gira, the Monkey Ninja." Replace the sword with a bow, and if you're feeling froggy you could replace the staff with a bunch of arrows.

That's all I got, I'm afraid.

ETA: Oh, and Darksword makes an Orangutan caster...but, even if you can easily convert a wand to a bow (you could, I think), any Discworld fan knows Orangutans are NOT monkeys. So if you like your limbs, you may not want to make the implication.

Edited by Sanael

I don't know when it will hit general release, probably after the KS delivers, maybe another month or so. Hell Dorado has a cool monkey king about to release.

Great stuff everyone, thanks for the links and the ideas.

I got a little bit more of an idea from my friend on what he wants it to look like, he wants something hooded/cloaked so I figure what I can do with what I already have on hand is take the Mason Thornwarden Ranger mini from the KS, use some green stuff to add a tail and paint up his beard to be a brown color, his skin to be brown with some highlights of light brown to give it the illusion of hair and see what I can do.

Just trying to think of the best place to put/pin the tail on the mini.

Any other ideas?

If you can wait until november, Torn Armor will be out... They have an animal faction that includes Vanarans. And teh initial miniature release has Vanaran Monks and a vanaran weapon team... Here is a pic of the monk...

pic1575838_md.jpg

• Like 1

Hey, sorry to Thread necro, but did the Torn Armor vanaran ever get produced? Even in a limited run?