• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brianuk
      Converted Gregor the Wizard, who is a druid type character, well wrapped up with a bird as a familiar. I thought the model would look good as a female character and the way the coat bunches up means that a conversion looks OK, in my view. I just cut off the head with a razor saw and swapped it with a reaper bones head for Drys the Dryad. I just stuck it straight onto a blob of green stuff. I didn't need to do much texturing because the beard on the original male model just looks like a scarf following the sawing.

The mittened hand holding the bird just got accidentally bent back while I was sawing the head off (is this forum externally monitored?). It wasn't an intentional part of converting. 

Then a pretty simple paint job, have done the washes in these pics and need to do some basic highlighting and a winter effect on the base. 

• By dks
      I am playing in the Pathfinder "Ruins of Azlant" Adventure Path campaign.  A few of the PCs have some healing magic, but we didn't have an actual cleric until a PC recently took the Leadership feat, and an NPC cleric joined the party as his cohort.   (Click here for the Show-Off thread about the figure that I use for my character.)
      The new cohort-cleric, Father Kurvis, is middle-aged and acts like a curmudgeon but has a kind heart.  He worships Abadar, the god of cities, law, merchants, and wealth.  Abadar's colors are gold and black, and his holy symbol is a golden key.
      Our GM has an extensive collection of prepainted plastic figures (D&D and Pathfinder), and this Village Priest seemed appropriate.  It is from a 2005 D&D miniatures release.   I offered to repaint it to be specifically Kurvis.
      Two hours of slinging paint got me to "finished" ... and after I took the first set of photos, I saw how bugged and asymmetrical his eyes were, so I just spent a few more minutes touching them up.

Before and after:

Enjoy,
      Derek

• By lazarp
      So I've been at grandma's after new year's eve and found a bunch of these metal kinder surprise toys. Scale-vise they are around 28mm heroic, so I've decided to give them a quick speedpaint, using some dollar-store acrylic paint and brushes :D, I wonder if they will look any good on the table during play :)

Next to a bones orc

• By Vacaroja
      Pulled from some Iron Winds Metal random bins at a con, it's a combination of a Ral Partha Nightmare and the wings of a Blue Dragon. Enjoy!

• By Inarah
      On the left, Anya Pirate Queen by Magnificent Egos.  Did not start out to paint a pink pirate princess, but that's sort of where she ended up after I highlighted up the purple coat and painted the skulls as rosettes. 

On the right, Deep Cuts Pathfinder human female paladin, one of two that come in the package.  A+ on the dynamic pose, C for loss of detail in the molding process. I wanted it to be better but it turned into a wash and drybrush job due to the sculpt. It's for tabletop. 

• Who's Online   35 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)