SamuraiJack

Delayed
Marrow Productions - Journey Wrath of Demons

128 posts in this topic

Wasn't sure on the first two, but Monkey King? Yes please!

This is also a licensed property from an old live action Japanese TV show.

This is also a licensed property from an old live action Japanese TV show.

Really? I mean, it's obvious it's based on Journey to the West but from the looks of the figures I didn't think it was related to the Monkey TV version. Unless there's another one I wasn't aware of which would be likely as it's been done SO many times from DragonBall to Ninja Theory's Journey Enslaved game.

EDIT: Enslaved, not Journey, brain not work so good!

Edited by Nocturne

The working From figure painter magazine #3 it makes it seam like this is based off of Monkey:

1013150_539628329407836_1479029178_n.jpg

It's one thing to say "fans of the show will like this" over "making sculpts of the main characters". Maybe just some bad wording on FPM's part.

I'd go with either poor wording, or trying to draw a more direct link than there really is because I would not say that those are sculpts based on the characters of Monkey..... which I now also really want,,,

Magic+Monkey.jpg

EDIT: It didn't occur to me before but I don't know how well the TV series is known in America. It was dubbed by the BBC and aired in the UK, in the late 70's and again in the early 2000's so quite a few of us are very familiar with it. I was assuming it was one of those things that everyone of a certain age knows about but that may have been a false assumption.

Edited by Nocturne

I have never heard of it, but I'm not a fan of Eastern entertainment for the most part.

I'd go with either poor wording, or trying to draw a more direct link than there really is because I would not say that those are sculpts based on the characters of Monkey..... which I now also really want,,,

Magic+Monkey.jpg

EDIT: It didn't occur to me before but I don't know how well the TV series is known in America. It was dubbed by the BBC and aired in the UK, in the late 70's and again in the early 2000's so quite a few of us are very familiar with it. I was assuming it was one of those things that everyone of a certain age knows about but that may have been a false assumption.

It was never anything that big over here. What gets me is FPM mentions twice that's it's based off of this, so maybe there's something going on about a reboot? Or just a reimagining? Though I would find it strange to be licensed off of this, unless they were big fans of the show, as it's a mostly just something based off of a really old Chinese book so why pay for rights? Guess we'll know in the next week or so when the KS goes live.

Whichever it is I'm getting more interesed. Cho Hakkai/Pigsy from their facebook page to finish off the four main characters.

1012852_537360352967967_468705951_n.jpg

Edited by Nocturne

I cannot wait for this! I think they may just be marketing to people that liked the Monkey show growing up.

I was never really a fan of Monkey growing up, I just want that Monkey King figure 'cause it's fecking awesome. I also asked on their Facebook page if the Kickstarter would be available Internationally, and they said yes!

Edited by Cassu
1 person likes this

I really want those, please don't be too expensive!

1 person likes this

I was really interested in this but, in the end it just probably will not work for me (like Kingdom Death), still I'll be watching with interest. I certainly loved Monkey!

Monkey was very popular (in a cultish sort of way) in Australia for those of my generation. Will have to have a close look at this.