Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

03019 Lathula, Female Barbarian

Lathula, Female Barbarian, Reaper 03019, sculpted by Ben Siens, painted by me.

I like half-orcs. They always seem to be painted with black hair, but I figured since orcs don't have hair it would be the human parent who provides the hair color. So why not a redhead? I didn't paint her hair shiny, though, because it kind of looks greased up and pulled back.

I used this figure in my tutorial on how to paint illusionistic grass.

post-8022-0-33040800-1374852693.jpg post-8022-0-84355500-1374853442.jpg

post-8022-0-95537800-1374852713.jpg post-8022-0-23584700-1374853463.jpg

post-8022-0-29772700-1374853066.jpg

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 19

Beautiful! I love orc chicks! Even the half-breeds :)

And I do love the half orcs Reaper has, high on my to-paint list is this one from Tre:

03278.jpg

• Like 3

Pingo, your blending is just lovely! Great work on the eyes. If you feel inclined, you could probably do one more layer of skin highlight on the cheeks and legs, but that's probably just nitpicking. She's awesome!

• Like 1

You can see how not-green she is by comparing her color to the grass on her base. She's actually more of a sage grey with a slight greenish tinge, gotten by mixing Burnt Sienna with Phthalo Green and white.

And it looks like they've accepted her into the Inspirations Gallery. Yay!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      I don't get to be a player as much as a DM.
      So, when I do get to play, I want to spend a little extra effort on my figure for my own PC.
      This is the situation for this Goldar.

He is a half-orc fire specialized sorcerer, so he get's to use a Greataxe and plays a little like a one-trick pony with his fire spells.

I envisioned him as very gray skinned.

I tried to accomplish a green shadow blending up to gray highlights.  I mixed MSP Stone Gray and Highland Moss, then highlighting with Weathered Stone.
      I think it just ended up as a pale green, but it is still interesting.  There were glazes of GW green and red washes in the shadows.  I think it would make a good zombie or ghoul flesh recipe.  I tried to give a little life to his face with a few layers of thinned flesh glaze on the nose and cheeks, but it doesn't really show in the photos.  His face was a tad miscast, with a flat nose and odd right cheek.

The backstory of the character describes ritual branding and tattoos all over his body.  I thought that would end up taking the figure toward a Goliath, so I avoided it.  Instead, I put a little flame on his shoulder pad.  I wanted to read as raised embossed metal, but I think it just looks like a decal.

As I thought of ways to add detail, I decided to put runes on his skirt.  My go-to for runes are the variant of FUTHARK used in the Ultima games.
      In this case, Vas Flam, which was the recipe for the fireball spell!  I liked it enough, I put it on the axe.  I can imagine a smart sorcerer would figure out a way to turn his skirt into a scroll.  I'll see if my DM will let me do it ;)

I had to re-do the armored legs and axe nmm a few times.  The first time I tried the Twilight Blue triad, and didn't like it.  Then I tried the Stone Gray triad, and worried it was too close to his skin.  So I ended up mixing White and Black into Cloudy Gray.  It ended up a little rushed.  The scratches are all just painted on, a decision I made at the last minute (I tend to hate risking botching up a paint job that I'm happy with, and getting the metals to that point were almost enough deterrent to do it).

Without further ado, here is my take on Goldar.
      C&C Welcomed.

• By Pingo
      This is Hasslefree's HFA180, Monique, part of a group of modern adventurers I've been working on.

There is no WIP thread.

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper's 60164: Vampire Hunter, as she is rather innocuously called. She is remarkably armed and armored. I think she is from Pathfinder, and I am sure there is some story there.

There is no WIP thread.

Comments and critiques are, as always, welcomed.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)