• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2241 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

Holy crap I'm so excited about this! The dude with Jazz hands looks especially cool.

• ianofdoom likes this

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#2 ianofdoom

ianofdoom

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Agreed! I have scoped out some concept art from the game and was already interested. Seeing these minis has renewed and doubled my interest. I tend to run my Pathfinder games pretty gonzo too, so I can use them in that as well. I love the look of these, I am all over it.

#3 The Inner Geek

The Inner Geek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1377 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

Very cool! I'd heard these were coming, then I heard they weren't. I'm glad they are for sure though! I'm pretty stoked about Numenera in general, even though I have no idea when I'd ever play it.

EDIT: also, I wonder what the two minis not pictured are going to look like? Blurb says set of ten but pic has only eight.

Edited by The Inner Geek, 29 July 2013 - 01:09 PM.

If a chicken an a half can lay an egg an a half in a day an a half,
how long will it take a monkey with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

#4 Darsc Zacal

Darsc Zacal

PAX Prime Survivor

• 4977 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

Why is Reaper so intent on having all my monies belong to them?
  • Loim, morari, Erifnogard and 4 others like this
"Yeah, we have magic and elves and crazy wizardocracies, but gender equality, *that's* a fantasy."
- Pingo's alter ego.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Deep Thoughts

#5 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5365 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

Some of those are pretty cool, others I'll need to see in person or from various angles.  Didn't back Numenera as the rules looked too, how to say this politely, dumbed down to be of any interested to my or my group but the setting seamed cool.

@monkeysloth

New: Current Contest and Active Ribbon list | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#6 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2241 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Some of those are pretty cool, others I'll need to see in person or from various angles.  Didn't back Numenera as the rules looked too, how to say this politely, dumbed down to be of any interested to my or my group but the setting seamed cool.

Having played it at Reapercon the simplicity makes the game elegant and fun.

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#7 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5365 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

It's really a matter of taste, and I didn't mean to say that it was a bad game--just that it wasn't what my group and me are interested in.

@monkeysloth

New: Current Contest and Active Ribbon list | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#8 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6670 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

I'm pretty "eh" on the game - I don't have time to pay the RPGs I'm already interested in - but those are some fine looking figures.

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#9 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2241 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

I'm pretty "eh" on the game - I don't have time to pay the RPGs I'm already interested in - but those are some fine looking figures.

I was the same way until I tried it. Evocative setting with rules that stay out of the way of the RPG experience.

Meep.jpg

#10 The Inner Geek

The Inner Geek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1377 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

I like that the core book is supposed to have more than one chapter aimed at prepping the DM. That much advice on running a game from a veteran game designer might be worth a large part of the price by itself.

• ianofdoom likes this

If a chicken an a half can lay an egg an a half in a day an a half,
how long will it take a monkey with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

#11 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6670 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

I was the same way until I tried it. Evocative setting with rules that stay out of the way of the RPG experience.

I'll take your word for it; I was serious about the time issues, never minding the fact my usual group seems pretty entranced with Iron Kingdoms right now. As it is, I'm missing game night this week because I'm going out to sea again. Yo ho, yo ho...

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#12 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 11374 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

I sometimes forget there are games for the figures we paint. 

• Dilvish the Deliverer, Darkmeer, traxia and 13 others like this

Not cool enough for a signature. 

#13 Foxden Racing

Foxden Racing

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

I hope we can buy the minis separate, some of them look cool.  Am I the only one that read it as 'numanuma figures' at first glance?

• SaintRigger likes this

#14 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6670 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

numanuma

OHGOD IT'S IN MY HEAD IT'S IN MY HEEEEEEAD
  • Foxden Racing and Erifnogard like this

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#15 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 6365 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

numanuma

OHGOD IT'S IN MY HEAD IT'S IN MY HEEEEEEAD
Numanuma

(Doot DOO doo doo doo)

Numanuma

(Doot Doo Doo Doo)

Numanuma

(Doot DOO Doo Doodo, Do Doodo, Do Doodadooda Doot Doot Doodo Do)

(Hooray for Jim Henson!)

Edited by Pingo, 29 July 2013 - 03:45 PM.

• John Bear Ross, bkjohns96, buglips*the*goblin and 7 others like this

I built a boat. Spelljammer pictures here.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Therefore, O Painter, make your smaller figures merely indicated and not highly finished, otherwise you will produce effects the opposite to nature, your supreme guide"
-- Leonardo da Vinci

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psyberwolfe, Numenera

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users