psyberwolfe1

Numenera Figures

77 posts in this topic

Holy crap I'm so excited about this! The dude with Jazz hands looks especially cool.

1 person likes this

Agreed! I have scoped out some concept art from the game and was already interested. Seeing these minis has renewed and doubled my interest. I tend to run my Pathfinder games pretty gonzo too, so I can use them in that as well. I love the look of these, I am all over it.

Very cool! I'd heard these were coming, then I heard they weren't. I'm glad they are for sure though! I'm pretty stoked about Numenera in general, even though I have no idea when I'd ever play it.

EDIT: also, I wonder what the two minis not pictured are going to look like? Blurb says set of ten but pic has only eight.

Edited by The Inner Geek

Why is Reaper so intent on having all my monies belong to them?

7 people like this

Some of those are pretty cool, others I'll need to see in person or from various angles. Didn't back Numenera as the rules looked too, how to say this politely, dumbed down to be of any interested to my or my group but the setting seamed cool.

Some of those are pretty cool, others I'll need to see in person or from various angles. Didn't back Numenera as the rules looked too, how to say this politely, dumbed down to be of any interested to my or my group but the setting seamed cool.

Having played it at Reapercon the simplicity makes the game elegant and fun.

It's really a matter of taste, and I didn't mean to say that it was a bad game--just that it wasn't what my group and me are interested in.

I'm pretty "eh" on the game - I don't have time to pay the RPGs I'm already interested in - but those are some fine looking figures.

I'm pretty "eh" on the game - I don't have time to pay the RPGs I'm already interested in - but those are some fine looking figures.

I was the same way until I tried it. Evocative setting with rules that stay out of the way of the RPG experience.

I like that the core book is supposed to have more than one chapter aimed at prepping the DM. That much advice on running a game from a veteran game designer might be worth a large part of the price by itself.

1 person likes this

I was the same way until I tried it. Evocative setting with rules that stay out of the way of the RPG experience.

I'll take your word for it; I was serious about the time issues, never minding the fact my usual group seems pretty entranced with Iron Kingdoms right now. As it is, I'm missing game night this week because I'm going out to sea again. Yo ho, yo ho...

I sometimes forget there are games for the figures we paint.

16 people like this

I hope we can buy the minis separate, some of them look cool. Am I the only one that read it as 'numanuma figures' at first glance?

1 person likes this

numanuma

OHGOD IT'S IN MY HEAD IT'S IN MY HEEEEEEAD
2 people like this

numanuma

OHGOD IT'S IN MY HEAD IT'S IN MY HEEEEEEAD
Numanuma

(Doot DOO doo doo doo)

Numanuma

(Doot Doo Doo Doo)

Numanuma

(Doot DOO Doo Doodo, Do Doodo, Do Doodadooda Doot Doot Doodo Do)

(Hooray for Jim Henson!)

Edited by Pingo
10 people like this