Amalor Myrnnyx

Steele Hearts and Steel Blades

15 posts in this topic

I wanted to do a week without any Mechs, but I just couldn't. This beautiful Berserker repose that Mr Balk did for me was calling my name. I decided to do this piece in the colors of a merc unit from an early campaign in my BT days, the Steele Hearts.

Also this week, my Nefsokar army gains a few new members, and my Pathfinder group finally gets their characters.

As always, thoughts, opinions, and thrown pottery welcome.

Steele Hearts - Berserker
20-642f.jpg

Reaper Warlord - Netikerti
14081.jpg

Reaper Warlord - Arik Tallazar
14314b.jpg

Reaper Warlord - Dust Devil
14245b.jpg

Reaper Warlord - Dust Devil
65072.jpg

Reaper Pathfinder - Damiel, Iconic Alchemist
60044.jpg

Reaper Pathfinder - Cleric of Calistria
60092.jpg

Hasslefree - Sana
hfh062.jpg

21 people like this

They all look great, but I especially love the Egyptian-themed ones. Awesome work!

Very cool and well done! My only question is Damiel (his dagger is bent). Is this the bones version or the metal version. Both my metal version and Bones version had a similar bend, which bent straight very easily.

I really like the skin tones and, as always, your mechs are top notch!

I really like that Sana lady, she reminds me of a Red Sonja cover. Queen of the Frozen Wastes or something like that.

Your Netikerti is great! Where did the book and stand come from?

The Book and stand are from Crocodile's Age of Aegeptus. The inside of the book is a decal from Ginfritter's Gnomish Workshop.

Did you add some pigment to give the alchemist some texture on his leather looking clothes? I love the look it has. Whether it is pigment, the sculpt or your painting technique...awesome mini.

Did you add some pigment to give the alchemist some texture on his leather looking clothes? I love the look it has. Whether it is pigment, the sculpt or your painting technique...awesome mini.

I used a sponge technique for that.

1 person likes this

These are all amazing and inspiring. I need to try that sponge technique some day...

Ooh, these are all great, but Damiel is my favorite. I haven't seen him painted up as a dark elf or drow before, and the rich warm browns go beautifully with the cold purple-black of his skin. And so many different browns on one mini! I love it.