Legendarion

chibiPrimes

Good day dear friends!
I`m planing to sculpt range of miniatures inspired by the Primarch of the Warhammer 40K universe, but in chibi style.
Whare will be 20 Prims and Emperor himself. Hope you like it.
All arts and sculpts made by Legendarion. High quality resin cast 35-50 mm.

Let me show you some sketches that is sculpt in progress right now.

lem___chibi_leman_russ_by_warwolf1973-d6morty___chibi_mortarion_by_warwolf1973-dvulk___chibi_vulkan_by_warwolf1973-d64mfkonny___chibi_konrad_kerz_by_warwolf1973khan___chibi_jaghatai_khan_by_warwolf197rob___chibi_roboute_guilliman_by_warwolfgrim___chibi_fulgrim_by_warwolf1973-d64mgron___chibi_angron_by_warwolf1973-d64mflora___chibi_lorgar_by_warwolf1973-d67nwel____chibi_lion_el_johnson_by_warwolf19fer_of_chibiprimes_by_warwolf1973-d6mw3aalf_and_oma_of__chibiprimes__by_warwolf1

mag_of__chibiprimes_by_warwolf1973-d7hkmguinny_of___chibiprimes__by_warwolf1973-hor_of__chibiprimes__by_warwolf1973-d6pxtura_of__chibiprimes__by_warwolf1973-d7h

Edited by Legendarion
  • Like 2

What kind of? Names of Primarchs? It were mentioned only for WH40 lovers, to get a clue.

Remove the names and I am in no way connected with the GW and their IP.

About Ogre - I get Paul Bonner permission to sculp it.

Don't think the names mean much, they're still clearly parodies of the primarchs. If I was going to sell them I'd contact a lawyer, or GW, just to make sure.

I have no clue about stuff like this though.

They're seriously cool, so I hope it doesn't matter

GW have, I think, threatened to sue minor Sci-Fi authors for using the term 'Space Marine' so I imagine that obvious parodies of their characters will be difficult to sell.

I think your sculpt is fantastic.

If you made Chibi versions of classic fantasy or sci-fi archetypes then I imagine they would sell and you would have no IP problems.

But these are clearly meant to be bought by 40k afficionados (part of the charm comes from subverting the grimdark presentation of 40k), which means making money from GW's IP.

I'm not trying to be annoying; I'm hoping to save you from wasting time or getting in hot water.

Like I said, that's a great sculpt. Araziel is right: talk to GW or a lawyer.

• Like 1

I'm not really a GW person, especially not a Space Marine person - but these are very cute. I'd be interested in them because they're cool sculpts, not anything to do with the GW license. I hope you don't get into trouble, or I hope you can create some of your own IP.
Either way I'm very interested in your minis.

• Like 2

GW lost their suit against suing people for using the term Space Marine recently, as the term has been around in Sci-Fi since the 1940s, so on THAT aspect, you're probably in the clear...

I know Chapterhouse Studios recently got their pants sued off of them by GW for 200 and some claims of copyright infringement. as per usual GW stupidity...

BUT, Chapterhouse WON, with the courts saying "You don't own jack". Basically GW got big time spanked, and this sort of set the bar for aftermarket use of GW names and what not... So MAYBE, just double maybe... you'd be in the clear.

Also, these look great.

I know Chapterhouse Studios recently got their pants sued off of them by GW for 200 and some claims of copyright infringement. as per usual GW stupidity...

BUT, Chapterhouse WON, with the courts saying "You don't own jack". Basically GW got big time spanked, and this sort of set the bar for aftermarket use of GW names and what not... So MAYBE, just double maybe... you'd be in the clear.

Also, these look great.

Not exactly no, it was about half and half. Chapterhouse have had to stop selling several models that looked like GW's IP. The parts were fine, complete figures were not.

• Like 1