Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mutilatedlips

Warpwolf Stalker - Circle of Orboros - Privateer Press

8 posts in this topic

I didn't like how his sword was pointing up so high in the original sculpt (sort of like a baseball player ready to swing a bat.) So I lowered it a bit and used some scupting putty to fill in the gaps around his arm.

OMG another minis that I had to paint in pieces.

After I painted the whole body, I then painted the arm/sword, then glued them together. I don't have the best of times with any superglue. I sat on the couch for about 20 minutes before letting go. Sometimes that doesn't mean anything and the part will still fall off, but luck be a lady that night, he kept the arm. Woo hoo!

post-11859-0-96523900-1376429480_thumb.jpg

post-11859-0-52945100-1376429488_thumb.jpg

post-11859-0-39006200-1376429493.jpg

post-11859-0-48332600-1376429498_thumb.jpg

12 people like this

I like him. The sword looks weathered and well-used. He's a bit closer to the studio scheme from your other thread as far as his armor goes, but he shouldn't clash too much with the rest of your band if that's of any concern. His mane looks pretty sweet, too. Nice color choice.

Man I like these Hordes sculpts, and your paint job is really good. But hey, you need to get some Gale Force Nine's Hobby Glue to decrease that 20 minutes gluing time to 1 minute. Or even get their Rapid Cure also and decrease it to 1 second...

Thanks everybody

I like him. The sword looks weathered and well-used. He's a bit closer to the studio scheme from your other thread as far as his armor goes, but he shouldn't clash too much with the rest of your band if that's of any concern. His mane looks pretty sweet, too. Nice color choice.

I had a plan with loosely keeping to green and brown and doing some experimenting with the armor. I just stripped a stonekeeper because I painted him way off the chart. I'll be posting my Pureblood soon who looks a little swampy with black trim armor and about as far as i want to go off the studio scheme. The sword was all Reaper mettallics with a wash I will hopefully be able to duplicate again.

Man I like these Hordes sculpts, and your paint job is really good. But hey, you need to get some Gale Force Nine's Hobby Glue to decrease that 20 minutes gluing time to 1 minute. Or even get their Rapid Cure also and decrease it to 1 second...

The only reason I have stuck with gorrilla glue is because I've had good luck with dropping and other impacts. Seems to stand by its impact tough motto. I think I will get your glue because sometimes I just can't hold some parts steady long enough.

I also like the Gale Force's glue 'cause it works both on metal and plastic. Bones seem to take a little worse, but it's still a matter of seconds. I'll never touch Citadel's glues again, and Revell is only for plastic... Of course there's a ton of non-hobby superglues, but I never had very good experience with 'em...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wdmartin
      At GenCon I stopped by the Privateer Press booth and picked up a model called "The Wicked Harvest," which appears to be a sort of undead tree with accompanying temptress.  I have no idea what the lore of this critter is like in whatever game system it was designed for, but there's an undead tree coming up in my players' future, and this will do nicely!  Here are all the bits, partially assembled and primed with Tamiya Fine Primer.

Here's a slightly closer look at the tree:

This guy is made of grey resin, and came in seven pieces:

- the top left branch (on left)
       - a hangman's noose (on left branch)
       - the top right branch (on right)
       - a secondary branch for the right branch (attached)
       - a secondary branch for the left branch (attached to the side of his head)
       - a left arm
       - a right arm
       - the trunk

This guy is dangerous.  He's already drawn blood!  Specifically I jabbed my finger pretty well with an exacto knife while cleaning some flash off him.  Ouch.

I've opted to paint the upper branches separately because I think it would have been exceptionally difficult to do it properly with everything fully assembled.  I didn't pin the pieces in place, but the attachment spots are sufficiently large that I'm not too concerned about it.  Plenty of surface area there for a strong join.

And here is his temptress friend.

According to the stock photo on the box, these two are a matched pair and designed to be based and treated as a single unit.  But I have no need to keep 'em as a pair, so she gets her own base.  This one is from Micro Arts Studio -- a 25 mm one from their Ancient line.  I have found these particular bases from Micro Arts Studio difficult to use.  They've got a lot of interesting detail, but there's precious little room to actually attach a figure.  I had to remove a "loose brick" from this one in order for the lady to have enough space to stand.  But she does fit, so yay.

The apple basket came with the Wicked Harvest kit.  I pinned it to one of the two bits of rubble here.

And now that they're primed, I have found more mold lines.  Yaaaay.
    • By aku-chan
      I held out for almost 5 days before I could no longer resist starting something from my Grymkin starter set.

Wasn't sure what I wanted to paint, but a bit of dice rolling randomly selected the Skin and Moans Warbeast:-

The Internet has lied to me though.
      According to an un-boxing video I watched, I should've been able to assemble the whole starter set in about 3 hours, but it took me 2 hours to do just this one guy.
    • By Ghool
      Couple things for Patrons:

Anson Durst:

Zaal:

• By odinsgrandson
      I really love making minis for our RPG group- and here is a party for one of our campaigns.
      The group consisted of three trollkin and a farrow (who might have been a trollkin in a previous life- or maybe the next one).
      Only the first one has no conversion elements.  The one with the fell blades was a Fell Caller with Doomreaver levels.
      Overall, I feel that this was one of our poorer intelligence parties- it was kind of a surprise that they ever got much done.

• By pinkymadigan
      I normally wouldn't buy from Privateer Press as the minis are just too pricey, but i found these second hand at Half Price Books for under $8. Anyway, they make a fine troop of Wraiths for my Undead Kings of War army, and painted up really quickly. Tried out some fog effect too (shredded cotton ball).

Took pictures with a two different light setups as I'm trying to figure out my wife's camera phone (mine is junk), I  liked 'em both so you get to see 'em both.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)