Sign in to follow this  
Sanael

Roper - my sculpt

So, I needed a roper for an upcoming game session. Oddly enough, I didn't have one already, despite having Bones out the yin and pewter out the yang (I have minis out the yin-yang...don't think too hard about the words' meanings). So what to do...

Reaper has http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/stone%20lurker/latest/03602#detail/03602_p_2_mj

and http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/stone%20lurker/latest/02658,

both of which have their charms. But they also both cost money, which is tighter than it might be...and I already own some epoxy putty.

So I made this:

.post-3328-0-79113600-1377348132_thumb.jpg

.post-3328-0-42437900-1377348157_thumb.jpg

Took me...four episodes of Burn Notice, over three nights.

It's not astonishingly amazing, but it gets the job done, and it's the first complete figure I've ever sculpted. Now I have to find time to paint it (because sculpting happens in front of the TV and painting doesn't).

Let me know what y'all think!

• Like 16

Nice roper, he looks really angry. Shouldn't he have more arms though?

I thought about adding more...also thought about just having one. The MM says they can have up to five at any given time, and their hidden state usually has zero. So two was a good start for me. They were a pain to sculpt (if I do more tentacly beasties I'll do multi-part assembly).

Thanks, all, for the kind words.

You kids got my rent?

Forgot to mention...this was funny. But this roper wants no part of anything beginning with, "come and knock on our door..."

Please, Reaper, you HAVE to make a set of not Stanley and Helen Roper minis! My group is all over 40 and would actually get the joke if I sent them up against the Ropers some night.

I just made one of these myself a few weeks ago since I couldn't find a sculpt I liked. Got sidetracked from my jello sculpting :P

I'll post it up when I get back home on thursday next week. Love the mouth on yours, mine ended up looking really wacky.

Cool sculpt. Kind of reminds me of the aliens from the Simpsons.

@dimsbottle: I would definitely buy a not-the-Ropers set, although I've always been partial to Mr. Furley. Actually, I'd buy an entire set of Three's Company minis if Reaper made them.