Thrym

77171: Stone Golem (inspired by Marvel's The Thing)

came out great. i like that the neutral-ish tone isnt too saturated with the theme colors; looks very natural. that base is great, consider the idea stolen.

• Like 1

came out great. i like that the neutral-ish tone isnt too saturated with the theme colors; looks very natural. that base is great, consider the idea stolen.

Thanks. I figured it's the theme that matters. His real coloring would be too bright and I always planned on them being real stone golems or "whatever large-class humanoid I don't already own or have to few of."

I like the Warhammer 40mm planked bases I got from holiday clearance from FRP. I didn't want ship decking. I wanted something that didn't look like it would hold him. LOL The coloring is, Reaper Walnut Brown, then a drybrush mixed from Vallejo Stencil and Asphaltum from DecoArt then finished with Vallejo Yellow Green to put some algae on the wood. The moss on the planks is sand with Reaper Grass Green as a base then more Vallejo Yellow Green drybrushed over that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
      The first trailer for Marvel's Infinity War was released today.  It looks amazing, but I can't help but worry it will be a big muddled mess.    Part of me is a little sad to see this phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe coming to an end.  There were some highs and lows, but in general it has been a very enjoyable trip.
       I can still remember watching the original Iron Man movie for the first time.  How quickly the years have passed.  I will have to plan a big Marvel movie marathon before next May.  :)

• By KingMob
      http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2017/07/mv-challenge-2017.html?m=1

Peace and blessings,  brothers and sisters. The crew at Massive Voodoo have let loose their call for their 2017 Challenge.

The crew at Massive Voodoo set out challenges to their viewers in order to push our abilities past our comfort zone. This year they have two (2) Challenges for us!

1. Create a base using water effects.

2. Paint a Disney Infinity character.

There are limitations in this challenge - like on the basing Challenge: the goal is to create a base with a water effect, not to focus on a figure. They said we can use a small animal to accent the base, and Reaper has some awesome Familiars we can use. Also, Infinity Challenge is one figure, not multiple, which allows us to focus doing our best on one figure. Full details can be found by clicking on the link. 

I heard that little voice too: "I cannot win this! Why should I even try?" 
      Well shut the front door little-voice-in-my-head! 

I know I have much to learn and improve in my own Art, which is why this is a Challenge. We cannot lose: we win just by pushing past our comfort zone and learning more about our beloved hobby. :D

I said it before and I will keep repeating it: I believe in you. I see the awesome work you all do, and you believe in me too. That love helps me believe in myself and makes me want to work harder to push past my own limits.

Plus we get to paint a character from the Disney franchise - which includes Marvel and Star Wars! I didn't even consider painting these as well as playing with them! ( Don't judge too harshly. Elsa kicks butt.)

For a full list of characters available, check 'em out here:

http://www.portalcharacters.com/disney-infinity/figures.asp

You can find them individually and inexpensively on eBay. 

Now, if you will excuse me: I have some Reaper Familiars to peruse. :D

May your efforts be rewarded and blessed!

• By Dilvish the Deliverer
      So my friend has decided to run a Legendary Marvel Deckbuilding Games Organized Play event has his new opened store to help advertise his store and to show off the new X-men expansion for Legendary.  As he is newish to the game itself and to running events, I have been tapped to help come up with the format.  I myself haven't run any Upper Deck Organized Play events, but I have run and played in several other similar other events.  For those who play I would like feedback to see if I missed anything, or if anything is unclear.  I any one local (or semi-local) wants to play, let me know and I can post the information.

The most important thing to my mind was to make sure that the scenarios were balanced but still allow the players to have agency and be able to show off their skill.  As such, I have designed 3 scenarios (Scheme, Mastermind, Villains, and henchmen) and will be allowing the players to draft their own Heroes.  Normally all of these factors are determined randomly, which can result in games that can range from simple to practically impossible.  Since there will be exclusive cards up for grabs, I wanted to make it fair for everyone.  Additionally, as the theme of this Organized Play event is the new X-men expansion, I restricted all choices where possible to the cards provided in that set.  I also eliminated the "Driven Mad by Power- Phoenix" card from play as it will potentially break the game.

Link for the scenario and rules are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z9RIBps8TxOlmgRBKb8L-n3SSVOLbyfhFD9O5eKllD4/edit?usp=sharing

• By Chris Palmer
      Looks incredibly zany and fun!  

https://youtu.be/v7MGUNV8MxU

• By Lorathorn
      Hello everyone,

So I have had reaper minis since the first bones kickstarter, but it wasn't until recently that I actually decided to start painting. I wanted to show off what I've done so far, and hopefully post other pictures as I make progress.

I realize that these are rough, and I appreciate any advice on the matter.

I posted these pretty well in the order that I painted them, and had anywhere from a few days to a few weeks between each mini. I think I am finally getting the hang of dry brushing, as seen with the golem, and the more I learn, the more I think I need to go back and touch up my older paint jobs.

But overall, I'm pretty happy with the way they look. I can't wait to use them at the game table!

P.S. I probably need to find a better place and method for taking pictures. These are ok, but I like the more professional looking pictures I tend to see. Apologies if the quality on these pictures is not excellent.
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)