^_^ == Will buy again

:grr: == Wont buy again

:wow:  == not sure (various reasons)
:bday: == delivered

:upside: == partially delivered

:zombie: == late

:;,;: == not expected yet

Kickstarters

:bday: ^_^ Chronicles of the Void (RPG) --  Update: Got the Book  12/2013. Very cool game. First kickstarter I backed, they've got a LE reaper made mini, and the game looks cool but there's been very little communication since it funded 2 years ago.  I should be getting it this year as they've had a lot of issues, that were recently admitted, with freelance people flaking after getting paid half up front.  They've got some people that work in the industry at a pro level and do freelance on the side but, I believe, it took so long to get to this point as they had to come up with the money they lost from the other freelancers.  Not sure if I'd back another one from these guys. Depends on how much I like the game and if their next KS was much more reasonable on cost and delivery.

:bday: :wow:  Children of Fire (RPG) -- Got this about 3 weeks after funding, he just needed to pay for printing.  Haven't read it as this was right when I started kickstarter and I was getting into the mode of "Backing everything!".  Only cost $25 so not a big loss.  The guy running it was very good for a time when people didn't expect much from a kickstarter in terms of communication.

:zombie: Far West (RPG) -- This one was the same as CoV. All most no communication for over a year and this around the start of this year they began weekly updates (that I think they've misses 2 or three times) and they've partnered up with Cubicle 7 for printing and distribution.  I'd back again as they made corrections in their handling of this (it did take over a year) because they've done the right things and have been very good once they got their act in gear. update: He's been in and out of surgery for most of this year and is getting back to work.  Should be delivered this summer. Update 2: Supposed to have a PDF soon.

:bday: :wow:  Adventurer Conqueror King (RPG) -- Got this one in about 6-8? months after it ended.  Pretty good communication for the time (again 2 years ago).  No complaints.

:bday: :wow: Ages Past (RPG) -- Update: Got the book around 12/16/2013. Looks pretty good, haven't read it.Another guy that got overwhelmed and probably didn't ask for as much as he should have.  Finally got a final version of the PDF which should be going to print soon.

:bday: :wow: Steampunk Playing Cards-- some cool cards.  The guy running it had some issues with the colors on the proofs which caused him to slip in the printing queue but got them in a reasonable time.  Nice cards too.

:bday: ^_^ Schlock Mercenary (Board Game) -- Got this one quick and I believe they hit their date despite all the stretch goals.  Fun game if you like the comic.

:bday: ^_^ Deepwars (Minis) -- Got 3/4 of my minis from this and the rest should come out soon.  They got sucked up in stretch goal mania and offered way to much for way too little.  They tried to do another one for a different game with a better over all amount and less streach goals (or as I call it "Pulling a Tre") and people balked as it was right after the Reaper one.  They're going to do another one and I expect it to better unless they get hurt by poor timing with a Reaper Kickstarter a second time.

:bday: :wow: Adventurer Conqueror King Player's Companion (RPG)-- Same as with the core rules.  Got it pretty quick.

:bday: :wow: Advanced Encounters: Alternate Objectives (RPG) -- Got this one but it was a bit behind.  Not sure why I backed this outside of it was cheap and I can throw $15 at a product to help someone live their dream. 

:bday: :wow: Kaiser's Game (RPG) -- Same as above. It was cheap, got it a bit late (but only like a month) and it was backed for the same reasons.

:bday: :wow: Tectonic Craft Studios (Terrain) --I got my stuff on time but I'm one of the few.  This has had issues as the guy didn't have most of the modeling done for the laser cutter and so he's had a lot of issues with the more complicated stuff.  This is usually the KS that Renaissance is talking about when they mention the other laser cut terrain KS having trouble.

:bday: :wow: Blue Blood Playing Cards -- Awesome are. On time delivery.

:bday: :wow: Curse the Darkness (RPG) -- On time delivery (expected as they were all ex White wolf writers).

:bday: ^_^ Blade Raiders (RPG) -- Fun RPG with good art.  Grant had to pull back some bonuses due to cost but I got it only a few months late (which still put it at a reasonable time).  Would back again as he's a good guy.

:bday: ^_^ Tsuro (Board Game) -- No issues here.  Was disappointed to find that it was 95% the same game that was still in print but with different art.

:bday: ^_^ Westward (RPG) -- Update: Got the book around 12/16/2013. Haven't read it yet.This one hasn't had much communication wise and it was cute they thought they could deliver in 2 months.  Did just get a PDF of the near final rules so should get it this year which would put it at about 12 month turn around with is very reasonable for an RPG.

:bday: ^_^ Stonehaven Dwarves (Minis)-- We all know how this went. 

:bday: ^_^ War of Currents Playing Cards -- Same as the rest of the cards I backed.  Pretty much on time and looks great.

:bday: ^_^ Red Box 1 (Minis) --  Like Tectonic I got my rewards for this a long time ago (last year even).  Was happy with what I got.

:bday: ^_^ Shadows over Esteren (RPG) -- Got my stuff about a month after the KS ended.  Love the game but ya, it was a presale as the book were being printed (or already printed) by the time the KS started.

:bday: ^_^ Bones (Minis) -- We all know how this went.

:bday: ^_^ Bombshell Babes (Minis) -- Was a bit behind but that was due to it being way more successful then people expected.  Good communication and high quality stuff.

:bday: ^_^ Wreck Age (Minis) -- update--Got everything in January. Nice stuffGot about 3/4 my minis and I'm helping review the beta rules for final printing.  So I'm a bit biased.  Hasn't been as communicative as I would have liked but that's partly why I know the guys know as they're very responsive on their forums and email.

:bday: ^_^ Medieval Village (Terrain)-- Renee and Steve for the win.  Great communication. They brought us our wonderful Beagle and it's very nice stuff.

:bday: ^_^ Effigy Miniatures (Minis) -- Fairly poor communication but I did get my minis I orders and an extra something for them being late.  Honest guy but would have liked a bit more for updates.

:bday: ^_^ Going Native: Warpath (Minis) -- Got my stuff from Marc at Gencon but he's having a lot of problems with Game Salute in that they're handling all his fulfillment and sales but they don't even know he exists.  I kid you not, there wasn't a single person there that knew who he was and they wanted him to spend most his time demoing other games.  Would back another as he's a great guy but I hope he doesn't get burned anymore by GS.

:zombie: :grr: Assimilation Alien Host (Minis)-- Back this when Trollcast was all the rage.  Backed for cheap bases.  Will be happy when I get them (I know Ed will ship them eventually) but I'm with Cash on wondering what the hell is going on with those bases.

:bday: ^_^ Deepwars Mini Kickstarter (Minis)-- See earlier Deepwars.  This one was just some expansion minis and some good stuff.  Couldn't back as much as I wanted but was happy to do so.

:upside: :wow:  Imbrian Arts (Minis)-- Love Jody's stuff and am fine with waiting.  Got a good chunk of my order and am happy with what I've got.

:zombie: ^_^ Kingdom Death: Monster (Minis) -- This is my Beagle moment.  I put way more in this kickstarter then I had any other at this time.  I would be quite happy to get it this year but I think it will be amazing if it starts to ship rewards this year.

:bday: ^_^ Darklands (Minis) -- Update: Got everything in January. Say what you want about Malestrom but it's hard to believe Mierce is owned by the same people.  Crazy awesome communication (at least 4 days a week in the comments) and crazy customer service. These guys are bending over backwards to repair their reputation and I'm happy I backed. This was the second of the big 5 of month I threw at.

:bday: ^_^ Empire of the Dead (Minis)-- Update: Got all my stuff in October. very happy.Bought the book and some minis a year before the KS.  Fun game and was excited for the minis.  Andy's done a good job at getting things done at a reasonable time but some more frequent communication would have been nice.  This was the 3rd of the big 5 that I threw money at and where I started to look at my KS spending.

:bday: ^_^ Legends: Fantasy Violin (Music)-- Great album and I got my digital reward on time.  Julia was great and even sent me a thank you card via snail mail.

:bday: ^_^ Mythos Foundry Cthulhu (Minis) -- Update: Got these in September\October, nice sculpts. Backed this guy for two small humans. Looks like he's stuck in the Ed Bottleneck.  The smaller stuff I could do in metal but that monstrous Cthulhu is going to have to wait it out for Trollcast.

:upside: :zombie: :wow: Drake (Minis) -- Update: Got half my order last year. Should be seeing the rest soon. Backed this for way more then I ever thought I would (but no where near the big 5).  Happy with the communication, love the video updates.  These guys surprised me with how much they know they're doing. Should be arriving next month.

:bday: ^_^ Hell Dorado (Minis)-- Update: Got my minis, good as expected. Backed this for the KS LEs.  Haven't been paying attention to it that much to be honest. Should be arriving next month.

:bday: ^_^ East Asian Village (Terrain) --Update: Got my stuff in May, was delayed but communication on why was good. Renee and Steve again.  I know there won't be anything wrong with this as Steve is crazy through and Renee never stops working. This was the fourth of the big 5. Has been delayed, should arrive in the next two months.

:bday: ^_^ Dungeon Crawler (Minis) -- Pretty good communication.  Been a bit sparse as they've been in negations for quite a while and only just got out of it.  Was sad that when I stopped by their booth Grayhaze wasn't there (wasn't even sure if he was going to Gencon, but wanted to say high).

:zombie: :wow: Arena Rex (Minis)-- Wasn't planning on backing this but really fell in love with some of their later releases.  Could use some better communication on the KS page.  I don't like having to go to forums to find anything out.  Would be surprised if they completely fulfill this year.  Delayed until next year.

:zombie: :wow: Robotech (Minis) -- Really wanted to back this for more but I just knew I wouldn't paint these so I got 2 LEs.  Good communication.

:bday: ^_^ Itar's Workshop (Terrain) -- Update: Got in June. Quite happyHad bought from him before so I knew what to expect quality wise (which isn't the best but really good for the price). Communication was great at first but has slowed down now that he's in production which is understandable for a one man show.

:upside: :zombie: Deadzone (Minis) --Update: Goy wave two in Augest.  Got everything in December. Love the terrain but need to spend more time with the minis. The last of the Big 5.  I backed this so I'd have a lot of Sci-fi terrain and all the minis were an extra bonus.  Now I've got the trifecta of Fantasy, Victorian and Sci-fi for all my RPG needs.  Mantic is Mantic and there are some good updates.

:zombie: :grr: Dover Road Woodcrafting (pens)-- This is Tre's brother's Kickstarter.  Bought a Pen for my Father's Birthday and hopefully should get it soon.  Been disappointed by the communication as he kind of disappeared for a few months but he is starting to ship on time so can't complain too much. Update: He shipped half the pens months ago and mine wasn't in there. Missed both my dad's birthday and Christmas and am pretty annoyed as he doesn't respond to questions.

:zombie: :wow: Raging Heroes (Minis) -- This one almost made it a Big 6 but I decided to keep it to a couple hundred (Ya I know).  Not a lot of communication so far and have missed August for an update, thus running afoul my requirement of on update a month to keep me content).  They are posting comments in that section though, but it's annoying to sort through.

:bday: ^_^ Happy Seppuku (Minis) -- Update: Got them around thanksgiving. Pretty much what I expected. Likening the inorganic stamps but not caring for the organic ones.  Glad they're waiting on the pledge manager until everything is sculpted.  No complaints so far.

:zombie: :wow: Warriors of Darkmyre (Minis) -- Backed this because of Beagle and for their traps.  I do think that Misty has over extended herself but he's honest and easy to communicate with.  Since I'm only getting traps I can live with them if the quality isn't the best but the sculpts they've shown look great.

:bday: ^_^ Freeblades Falkaaran Adventurers (Minis)-- Got two of their awesome sailors and picked them up at Gencon.  They're nice people and was happy to back for something very unique and useful for Dioramas.

:bday: ^_^ Escape Eden (Boardgame\Minis)-- Update: Got mine in June or July. Haven't played yet as I've packed it for the move. Wasn't planning on backing but a few of their unlocks were awesome.  I had backed their Indigogo and it was a good experience (see below).

:upside: ^_^ HEX Revelations of Mars (RPG) -- Update: Started running a Hex game so he mailed me half of my rewards early. Had been waiting for this KS for over a year.  Happy to back and enjoyed talking to them at Gencon.  HEX is a great RPG and game system.

:upside: :zombie: ^_^ Shadows of Estren Travels (RPG) -- Update: Got most of it at Gencon of '13. Waiting on the last streach gole to be written for the final shipmentAs the previous Estren entry.  Great guys, great game but it's a presale (where the money raised more or less goes to the next book in the series) but I'm fine with that.

:zombie: :upside: ^_^ Red Aegis (RPG) -- Update: Got the Beta PDF

:bday: ^_^ Warmachine: Tactics (Videogame) -- Update: Got the minis in June time frame and the Beta code in July. Considered complete as I don't see why the game won't be out this year.

:bday: :wow: Tinker Dice (dice)-- Update: Got these a while ago.  Dice are dice. I like fun dice.  This guy is a buddy of someone in my Gaming group.  No worries about this one.

:;,;: Project Phoenix (VG)-- Had to back this, bunch of old school JRPG people and some Blizzard people making a game. Has a ways to go.

:bday: ^_^ Video Games Live (music) --Update: Got this a while ago. Can't remember when.  Happy with it.  New album from their current tour. Haven't really paid attention to delivery date but I don't have any doubt they'll deliver.

:bday: ^_^ Shadowseas -- Update: Delivered and awesome. From the deepwars guys. Looking forward for this.

:zombie: :wow: Fairytale games Miniatures -- Update: Late but things are starting to pick up.  Will need to see mini quality in hand before any more comments. Backed this for a few and won some credit so a stayed in. So far several of the sculpts look good but I'm not sure how they'll be in plastic.

:zombie: :wow: Hyperlight Drifter (VG) -- Update: late. Don't expect this until next year to be honest.  It's getting some good press so hopefully it deliveres. Too cool to pass up.

^_^ Darklands: First Edition -- Didn't back this anywhere near as much as the first one but wanted the book and a few minis.

:;,;: ^_^ Bones 2 -- Yep. More plastic.

:bday: ^_^ Legends: Fantasy Violin Excaliber-- Like the first set of music for a few bucks for some more as a no brainer.

:zombie: :wow: Journey: Wrath of demons-- Update: Running late (expected) This Are looking good. Backed this for some cool minis. New company but lots of the big names in the blogging community know the people behind it and that helped me decide to back.

:upside: :;,;: Ryuutama RPG (book)-- Update: Got the PDF.  SHouldn't be too long to get the book.  Quirky game and starting to incorperate light rules version for a D&D game's travel. Looks interesting and quirky. Just a translation of existing stuff so I don't expect any problems.

News as of 8/30

:bday:^_^Red Box Norse -- Got these guys in March/april.  Quite happy

:zombie::wow:  Geeky Sprinkles -- Running Late.  Had to get delayed at the manufactuer end as she missed her window I think.  Pledge manager went out in July and production should begin soon.

:zombie::wow:  Drake 2 -- Late and no real communication.  Backed this one for the Egyptian stuff and, at the time, the rather decent commincation on KS1 (which was running quite late).  Since this ended they've dropped off the face of the earth due to some poor decisions.  Will give them another month until I get angry.

:bday:^_^  Shadows of Esteren: Tuath -- Got right before Gencon. Minis and packaging are amazing, as useal, but not sure what to make of the card game.  Will need to give it a shot.

:upside::wow:  100 Deluxe Dungeons -- Got the PDF in June and still waiting on the Bonus content book.  They kind of dissapeared after the basic version of the book shipped.

:;,;:^_^Darklakds First Edition 2 -- Not expecting for quite some time.

:;,;:^_^Fantasy Miniatures by Minx -- Not expected yet.  Not really worried.

:zombie:^_^Barbarian Horde Minis -- In production now. Should be delivered in Sept.

:;,;::wow:  Drakerys -- Backed at a basic level to follow.  Not expected yet but no communication since KS end.

:;,;:^_^  Darklands Monsterous Mounts-- Expecting some stuff in Sept but the rest not till 2015

:;,;::wow:Goblin Adventurers -- Backed for some NPCs. Hopefully I'll be able to add streach goals as add ons in the PM as those are what I really want.

:;,;::wow:Fragged Empire -- Went quite high in this one.  Book was pretty much done at time of KS so should be a quick turn around for it but will be waiting on the streach goals.

Indiegogo

:bday: ^_^ Bushido: The Ito (minis) -- Not the communication levels you'd expect from a Kickstarter but they were very receptive via Twitter\Facebook and their Forum. Great guys and hung out a bit with them at Gencon.

:bday: :wow: Weird West (Minis) -- Backed as I was in my phase of helping people "live the dream".  The guy got overwhelmed with production then sold them to Ainsty casting and from there it was smooth as butter.  Some nice western pulp if you're into that thing.

:bday: ^_^ Greepo: Nippo Goblins (Minis) -- My two weaknesses combined.  Goblins and Asian.  All most not communication but got all my stuff in a few months and I'm happy.

:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: Pirates Goblins Box Set (Minis) -- Here it is, the only thing that I've backed and never gotten.  It's a shame as these were awesome and the follow up Dwarfs looked great (for being dwarfs).  The guy posted lots of pictures of the final versions, all the arrived boxes of minis (with the minis inside) but shipping has been non-existent.  A few people say they've got theirs (the most recent a few weeks ago) but I don't know what's going on.  It could be he doesn't have the money to pay for all the international shipping so he's spacing them out, but he's not really responding to anyone.

:bday: ^_^ 1650 (Minis) -- They took a bit but I eventually got them. Nice stuff.

:bday: ^_^ Freebooter's Fate Legends (Minis) -- The only Indiegogo that was run more like a Kickstarter.  Good communication and fast delivery on the part of my reward that was already finished.  Quite happy.

:bday: ^_^ Carnevale Morgraur-Rashaar (Minis) -- Quite happy here too.  Some decent updating and I got the first half of my reward really quick.  USPS lost the other half and then they sent me a replacement.

:bday: ^_^ Figure Art (Book) -- Art and tutorial book from Roman and Raffa.  Good communication and great product.

:bday: ^_^ Wolsung (Minis) --  This was a fundraiser selling existing product.  Got everything crazy fast even though it shipped from Poland.

:bday: ^_^ Eden (minis) -- Got these about a month after it ended.  Being able to sculpt and cast things yourself helps.  Nice minis.

:zombie: :upside: ^_^ Kensei (Minis) -- Update: Running Way late but I did get about 2/3rds my order in the spring.  Great Minis. This one is going to take a while Lots of stuff that's delivered over 16 months.  They promised good communication via Facebook but they've only been posting occasionally.  I'll get my stuff, they've been around for while.

:bday: ^_^ Myconids (Minis) -- Just got these.  Happy enough.

Edited by MonkeySloth

Lemme pull the ol' Kickstarter backer page...

No Time to Explain: Nice little computer game, and the first thing I backed on Kickstarter. It arrived as promised, and for five bucks, it was pretty worthwhile.

The Great Wars: A savage worlds setting, it failed to fund. Alas and alack. It sounded like it would've been fun.

Schock Mercenary the Board Game: It arrived with all extras intact. Good quality, fun game. I believe it even arrived in a reasonable approximation of on time.

Z-Ward: Arrived in time and on spec.

Journeys to the West: An expansion for the Midgard Pathfinder setting. Fun stuff. I even got to write an NPC for a supplement (Czakthorash, the green dragon merchant).

Flatpack: Fix the Future: They had a lot of issues. In the end, the creator had to use their tax return to pay for the shipping.

Double Fine Adventure: Production continues. Looking good. I'm looking forward to the finished game. I have no sense that it's not going to arrive.

Spirit of the Century Presents the Dinocalypse Trilogy: I've received two books so far (out of five, rather than the expected three!). I haven't actually gotten around to reading them yet, dash the luck. Meant to bring 'em out on deployment with me, but they were left behind. Still, I've been hearing good things.

Kaiser's Gate: Another Savage Worlds setting book, this one funded. It's decent fun, and good production values on the book.

Low Life: The Whole Hole: An expansion for Low Life, this one is a lot of fun, like most of Andy's stuff. No complaints here.

NeoExodus: A pathfinder adventure. I backed it because I felt like the creators were good people. I didn't really care that much about the product itself, or else I'd be pretty annoyed by the lateness. Slid from August to January, without much explanation. If I'd been more invested in it, I'd probably be upset.

Wasteland 2: Good communication. Looking like it's going to be later than expected, but they were pretty up front about why, and they were decisions I agreed with (more awesome game story). I'm happy so far.

Tales of the Emerald Serpent: A braided world (think Thieves World) collection. Good stuff. I ended up backing for the second one.

Roll20: I've been using the system since it came out. It works decent well. It's lightweight, requires no downloaded client. Pretty much what I wanted out of it.

The Pantheon Project: A comic book. Came out fairly close to on time. I ended up skipping on the next issue. Just didn't hold my interest. I wish them well, though.

Deadlands Noir: I have the .PDF, but not the physical book. I suspect it's arrived, but I'm still in Afghanistan for another month, so I won't know until then. It was supposed to arrive in March, but the shipping slipped. Still, the .PDF is good stuff. I'm also an NPC in one of the adventures!

Tropes Vs. Women: Okay, I'll be honest. I'm not a huge fan of Anita Sarkeesian. That said, I donated mostly because the people who didn't want her to make her videos were so goddamned awful, I felt I had to take a stand against them. It's a bit like an election where you're not voting for your candidate so much as against their opponent.

Race to Adventure: It arrived, and the extras are awesome. Planning on playing it with some buddies when I get home.

Bones!!!: I have one box of Vampire out of my near-grand order. But that's because again, I'm in Afghanistan. The boxes have arrived. They are waiting at my parents' house. Waiting... Mocking me...

The Bestiary of the Curiously Odd: It was due in January, so I'm rather put out about that. On the other hand, they've been maintaining communication and sharing what they have with backers. I'm pretty sure it'll land eventually. But it is pretty late.

Numenara: One month late. Not bad, and it's an awesome setting. I haven't had as much time to look it over as I'd like, though (the aforementioned Afghanistan). Still, I think I'll be picking out a lot from it. May even pick over the ruleset, see if there's anythng there I like. I'm not normally a Monte Cook fan, but maybe this'll convince me.

Red Box Games' Fantasy Miniatures: Oh, Tre. Poor, poor Tre. He went with a new process for the casting, and we're all paying for it. Some people have received theirs, others of us are not so lucky. I'm not mad at Tre, but I am kind of annoyed at Ed for pushing forward on this so hard (so much as to take other peoples' projects onboard) without getting the kinks out of his process first.

Tome of Ideas for Writers and Roleplayers: I'll be honest. I backed this primarily because Saladin Ahmed was involved. I've only read one of his books, but as a former Arabic linguist, I'm a sucker for Arab mythology. Arab-based fantasy is all kinds of awesome. Sadly, this didn't meet funding. Not meant to be, I suppose.

Deadlands: Raven Graphic Novel: Another one that slipped from March to August. Last I heard, they were getting everything shipped, so in theory, it'll be waiting when I arrive. I haven't downloaded the .pdfs, because I thought it'd be more fun to read 'em in physical format.

The Art of Brom: A bit late, but in theory it's shipped and should be waiting when I return.

Low Life Miniatures: Andy, you and Tre should set up a support group. At least it looks like progress is being made again now that he's working with different people. It's hard to get too mad at Andy. Yeah, he went with the wrong people on this one, but so did a lot of others. I will say the miniatures I have received were pretty cool. Hopefully we'll see the others before we're all traversing the wastes of Oith.

Fractured Dimensions Orc Warriors: This one was a little late, but only because of a little hurricane problem they were having on the East coast. Once things calmed down, the figures shipped out, and I couldn't be happier with 'em. Not everyone likes pig-faced orcs, but I likes me some variety in my monstrous humanoids.

Wild Card Creator: A character creator for Savage Worlds. Supposed to arrive November, the beta was released August 1. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I have hope, but it's been a long time coming...

Fate of the Norns: Half a year late, it should be shipped by now. Hopefully it will be waiting when I return.

Project Eternity: Another computer game project. I'm still excited, and it still seems to be trucking along.

Dungeonlands: Tomb of the Lich Queen: Estimated for December, and in August they got the proofs. Bit of a time slip there. We'll see how the final product looks.

28mm Demons and Devils: Beagle's got a pretty good bead on this one. Progress is being made, but oh, so slowly. Definitely some mistakes made behind the scenes on this one. Still, they'll be awesome figures when they arrive.

Savage Outfitter: Another character creator. This one was due in November, with less apparent progress than Wild Card Creator. They're still working on it, but this is a case where they were more ambitious than their timeline allowed.

Conclave: Neat little digital game. Arrived on time.

Mr. Card Game: Due January, still waiting on my Kingdom of Loathing fun.

Hell on Earth Miniature Mega-Release: Also due January, this one's shipped. Again, presumably waiting for me at home. I'm mostly annoyed due to the limited communication. When the schedule shipped, there was almost no news on what was going on. Eventually we learned more about what the issues were (sculpt issues, then having to compete with Bones shipment for Reaper's attention), but it would have allayed a lot of fears if he'd given us more feedback.

Assimilation Alien Host: Dammit, Ed, you had one job. Or rather, many jobs. Probably more than were wise. All of the projects have suffered due to split attention, issues with the new process, and logistical headaches. Thankfully, I'm only in this one for some bases.

Soul of Science Artbook: I saw this one because it was from Tucson. It's a cool idea, and I'm excited to see it when I get home. It's a couple of months late, but that's within my "Kickstarter tolerances."

Sam Tsui's Debut Album: I don't actually listen to a lot of pop music, but I like the stuff Tsui and Kurt Schneider come out with. Plus, I'm a sucker for self-starters. This was pretty late. Not a lot of info given to backers on why. I thought they were a bit optimistic on their timeline, so I wasn't too surprised. Music was pretty good, if you're into pop.

Base Raiders: A superhero dungeon crawl game. It's running about two months late now, but it's almost done, and they've had pretty good communication. No issues here.

Cairn: I'm going to should swear words for the next five minutes. None of you will hear me, but I'll feel a lot better.

Creature Cards: Due in March, they started shipping a few days ago. They had a huge gap in communication, but since June, they've been making progress. I'd probably back 'em again, but I'd consider it a bit higher risk of delay.

The Guide to Glorantha: Due in February. Last update was in June saying it was almost done. I'm sure it'll be done eventually, but I'm not sure when.

Blackwater Gulch: This one was due in July, but it's apparently started shipping. That's close enough for me, so I'll give 'em a thumbs up.

DeepWars: Guardians of the Deep: I received mine a month late, but that's because I volunteered. They're still making minis, so I guess not everyone's gotten theirs yet. I stopped paying much attention after I got my minis. They were pretty awesome.

Terathan's Fantasy Kickstarter: He's got the goods in hand, but they were due in December. Also, I still haven't heard anything about the custom mini he was going to sculpt for me since some early communication.

Combat Kitchenware: Late, with lots of gaps in communication. He's supposedly back to working on it, but I'll believe it when I have my frying pan in-hand.

L.A. Gamespace: This I backed because it was a cool concept. Plus, I was excited about the games. Most of the games haven't arrived yet, but they're still working on them, providing screenshots and giving communication. Game Space itself is going well, last I heard. Not real upset by this one.

Through the Breach: Malifaux's pen-and-paper game. It's due this month, but as of a few days ago, it was in beta testing, so it's presumably running a bit late. Can't say much else. Haven't heard much on reasons for delays, so I'm not sure when it's now due to come out.

Sir, You Are Being Hunted: A fun idea for a computer game with procedurally-generated content. Due in July, but a playable build has been released unto the wild. I haven't downloaded it yet, though, so I can't say how good it is. I'll do so once I get home.

Fate Core: I do love me some Fate, so this was a no-brainer. .PDF came out on time, book is out, and... is waiting for me. There is a trend here. I am noticing it.

Pivit: A fun board game in the way of backgammon or checkers, with a neat mechanic. Sadly, the creator wanted fancy, special-made plastic pieces, which meant he needed a much higher goal than was achievable.

Matching Lions: There was a woman who made a card game with her five-year-old daughter, with cute artwork of lions, hippos, zebras, and gazelles. Simple, but fun-sounding ruleset demonstrated by said daughter. The Something Awful forums were charmed, and so it came to pass that a bunch of bitter, misanthropic goons all backed a little girl's matching card game.

Ehdigohr: A cool, original setting. This is one of those where I backed partly just because I felt it was an idea that deserved to happen, above and beyond any rewards. It was due in April, but he's been pretty open about what's been going on. Orders are starting to go out. I'm still pretty excited about this one.

Pathfinder Online: Not much to say about this one. It's not due for another three years or so, which seems a realistic enough timeframe. We'll see if it's good or not.

Gnomish Adventurer's Set: On time and to spec. No complaints, though, obviously, I haven't seen the minis themselves yet. Another surprise to be waiting for me at home.

Science: Ruining Everything Since 1543: I love SMBC. It's one of my favorite webcomics. And it involves stories from scientists like Phil Plait! This was a no-brainer. It's a little late, but not out of tolerance, and the .PDF is awesome. Well satisfied with this.

Games and Gears Pro Studio Brushes: I was in on the second wave of shipment. The quality's been a bit uneven. Some of the brushes have held their tips fairly well, some are terrible. I've heard they're pretty good at replacements, I just haven't had a chance to ask them yet.

Dragon's Hoard: A card game. I backed it after I saw how he responded to criticism. People pointed out that some aspects of the game were a bit problematic, and he did his best to fix them. Due in July, it's now at the printer. Late, but an acceptable level of lateness.

Moonbot Studios The Golem: A cool concept for a computer game that involved the Golem of Prague. Sadly, didn't come close to its goal.

Hell Dorado Inferno Expansion: This was due in July. However, they've had good communication, and they're very clear on where they're at (rulebook going off to the printers, all minis bar one sculpted). I'm looking forward to the finished product.

Machine of Death: A fun party game involving murder. What can go wrong? I backed at the .PDF level, just to see what it was about. I'm a little sad now that I didn't go for the physical version.

Expansion of Laser Cutting Product Lines: Laser cut wooden buildings and bases for minis. Sadly, it didn't make it. There wasn't much promotion done by the project creator, which pretty much doomed it.

Schlock Mercenary Challenge Coins: I love me some Schlock Mercenary, and I love me some challenge coins. Awesomely made, and they arrived just in time for me to bring them with me to Afghanistan.

Torment: Tides of Numenara: Still early days on this one, but they've been good on communication, and the developers are a dream team. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Shroud of the Avatar: A new game from Lord British. I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure why I backed this one. I was never much into the Ultima games. Still, I didn't back for much, so it's not like I threw too much money at them.

OMFG! Series 3: Have you ever heard of Bogleech? Splendid fellow. Runs a website full fo creepy crawly things and somewhat morbid humor. Written a few things for Cracked. Decent artist. One of his character designs was chosen as a toy for this run, and they seem about the right scale for some gaming. Due in October, and, so far as I can tell, on schedule.

Torn Armor: Due in November. However, we haven't had any updates since the end of July. Things seem to be going well, though. I'm cautiously optimistic that, if not perfectly on time, they won't be too late.

Achtung! Cthulhu: Due this month. They expect to have the .PDFs on time, with the physical books delayed a month. Not too bad, and they've done well to keep backers updated.

Fudge it! Fudge Dice Infusion: Due in October, and, happily, seems to be on track.

Modeling Leaves the Dark Ages: LEDs for your miniatures. On the one hand, it was kind of cool to have these pre-made lights, on the other hand, he was possibly asking a bit too much for something you could get at Radio Shack. He retooled it later on, and I believe the second one was successful, though I ended up not backing.

GTFO: A Film About Women: I found this more interesting than the Sarkeesian project, and this one I backed whole-heartedly. Not a whole lot of communication since the end of the Kickstarter, but they're still working on it, and I hope to see it in 2014.

Apotheosis Drive X: Fate? Mecha? Yes please! Sadly a bit late. Due in July, and at the end of that month we had a release candidate. Still no word on when it hits printers, but it's not faring too badly.

MYTH: Fun looking miniatures game. I probably won't play the game itself, but I'll definitely find some uses for the minis. Not due 'til January, and we're still getting regular status updates, so things look good.

Elves of Uteria: Cannibal elves? Color me intrigued. Rough draft is apparently finished, and they don't ship until March, so they're in good shape so far.

Tome of Horrors Complete: I'm a glutton for punishment, I am. However, the pricing on this one seemed a lot more realistic, so I'm feeling more confident here. We'll see where they are come December (and if Demons and Devils has arrived yet).

Low Life: Rise of the Lowly: I can't say no to Andy. Well, maybe to Alphabeast Soup, but not anything Low Life related. Anyway, this one involves some miniatures, but not many, and I feel he's learned his lesson there. In any event, he's never failed me on a book, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Skin Horse Volume 4: Another webcomic collection. Set in the same universe as Narbonic, this is pure fun. I received the .PDF in August, and the physical copy should be shipping this month, on time. I love it when a plan comes together.

Fate Dice: You can never have enough dice. In theory, the first wave of dice have already started shipping (and I've seen people posting pictures), which means they started shipping a bit early. Hopefully my first batch will be there when I get home.

Inverse World: Goon-made fun, this was a setting for Dungeonworld, though I opted for the FATE variant. Still waiting for the .PDF, but it's not very late yet, and the creators have been keeping us updated.

Red Box Games Dwarves and Goblins and Orcs: Tre again, this time hopefully without the issues that plagued his first Kickstarter. Going back to metal, which means the deals weren't quite as good, but at least we have better confidence of actually receiving the miniaturse.

Torchbearer: Some old school RPG goodness with the Burning Wheel system. The .PDF arrived already. The proofs were sent back to the printer towards the end of July, so hopefully we'll see physical copies in the relatively near future.

Marco's Board Game Reviews: Seemed like a cool series, and I wanted to get the Spanish Inquisition figures they offered as a reward. Haven't heard anything since the Kickstarter closed out.

Fractured Dimensions Infernal Minions of the Outer Planes: Similar to the Demons and Devils. On the down side, the whole thing was a bit confused compared to other Kickstarters, as he tried to find a way to give flexible deals to backers while still maintaining his bottom line. On the plus side, it's run by the same fellow who did the orcs earlier, so he's got some experience with this sort of thing. It was due this past month, but it looks like some of us have six months or more to receive our minis. However, he's going to get orders shipped out as soon as all minis in a given order are completed, which seems a sensible way to go about it. Some should be shipping in the next few weeks. Decent communication and explanations of why the schedule's shipped.

Dogs Playing D&D: It's cheesy, and not even very good use of Photoshop. But what can I say? It was something I wanted for my wall. It's running about a month or so late, but it's getting shipped now. I can't complain, since I wouldn't have been able to get it in July anyway.

The Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Machine: I've always heard great things about both Nobilis and Hitherby Dragons. I decided to give this a chance. Seems to involve a decent amount of both whimsy and philosophy. Here's hoping we see something awesome come November.

Dark Sword Miniatures Elmore Dragon Diorama: Larry Elmore rocks, Dark Sword minis rock, and this should, one would hope, also rock. And it shipped early! Another that shoud be waiting for me when I get home.

A Knight in a Silk Purse: Remember Tales of the Emerald Serpent? Yeah, that was pretty far up the page. We've been through a lot of scrolling together since then. Anyway, this is the follow-on volume. Looking forward to it.

Happy Seppuku Base Texture Stamps: This is an amazingly simple idea. I first heard about it here on the boards. I can't wait for November to arrive and to give these a whirl.

Psionic Miniatures: Not much to say here. I liked the designs. My order's not due until February, so it'll be a while before we see how this one does.

Olde World Miniatures: The creator posted around here and seemed like a cool guy, and I liked his style, so I decided to back. I've never painted busts before, so that'll be an interesting experience.

Weird Wars Rome: I love Savage Worlds. I love Rome. I love things that I've written for. I'm not going to lie, my favorite part of this Kickstarter was "by John Beattie" on the first stretch goal.

Now we get into on-going Kickstarters:

Deck of Legends: This is some absolutely charming artwork. Next time I run Savage Worlds, I hope to have a deck of these for initiative.

QU-SH-UG Casting: This is one horrendous looking miniature. I have to have him. Those tentacles, those rows of jaws... Who wouldn't love a face like that?

Wrath of Kings: I was on the fence about this one. I think most of the female figures are ridiculous. Not ridiculous funny, not ridiculous sexy, just... Dude, you're trying way too hard. But there are enough minis I actually like that I decided to back.

Game Decor's Paintworks: This seemed like something worth trying out, and it was cheap enough. We'll see how it works in practice.

Quick word on delays and lateness. At this point, I consider a game more-or-less okay if it ships within about two or three months of the estimated ship date. That's just part of the risk of Kickstarter, and why we get offered such good deals. If it gets more than three months overdue, how upset I am depends on why the delays happened and how open the company was about those delays. So, just because something didn't quite meet its deadline doesn't mean I'm disappointed.

2 people like this

No Time to Explain: Nice little computer game, and the first thing I backed on Kickstarter. It arrived as promised, and for five bucks, it was pretty worthwhile.

The Great Wars: A savage worlds setting, it failed to fund. Alas and alack. It sounded like it would've been fun.

Schock Mercenary the Board Game: It arrived with all extras intact. Good quality, fun game. I believe it even arrived in a reasonable approximation of on time.

Z-Ward: Arrived in time and on spec.

Journeys to the West: An expansion for the Midgard Pathfinder setting. Fun stuff. I even got to write an NPC for a supplement (Czakthorash, the green dragon merchant).

Flatpack: Fix the Future: They had a lot of issues. In the end, the creator had to use their tax return to pay for the shipping.

Double Fine Adventure: Production continues. Looking good. I'm looking forward to the finished game. I have no sense that it's not going to arrive.

Spirit of the Century Presents the Dinocalypse Trilogy: I've received two books so far (out of five, rather than the expected three!). I haven't actually gotten around to reading them yet, dash the luck. Meant to bring 'em out on deployment with me, but they were left behind. Still, I've been hearing good things.

Kaiser's Gate: Another Savage Worlds setting book, this one funded. It's decent fun, and good production values on the book.

Low Life: The Whole Hole: An expansion for Low Life, this one is a lot of fun, like most of Andy's stuff. No complaints here.

NeoExodus: A pathfinder adventure. I backed it because I felt like the creators were good people. I didn't really care that much about the product itself, or else I'd be pretty annoyed by the lateness. Slid from August to January, without much explanation. If I'd been more invested in it, I'd probably be upset.

Wasteland 2: Good communication. Looking like it's going to be later than expected, but they were pretty up front about why, and they were decisions I agreed with (more awesome game story). I'm happy so far.

Tales of the Emerald Serpent: A braided world (think Thieves World) collection. Good stuff. I ended up backing for the second one.

Roll20: I've been using the system since it came out. It works decent well. It's lightweight, requires no downloaded client. Pretty much what I wanted out of it.

The Pantheon Project: A comic book. Came out fairly close to on time. I ended up skipping on the next issue. Just didn't hold my interest. I wish them well, though.

Deadlands Noir: I have the .PDF, but not the physical book. I suspect it's arrived, but I'm still in Afghanistan for another month, so I won't know until then. It was supposed to arrive in March, but the shipping slipped. Still, the .PDF is good stuff. I'm also an NPC in one of the adventures!

Tropes Vs. Women: Okay, I'll be honest. I'm not a huge fan of Anita Sarkeesian. That said, I donated mostly because the people who didn't want her to make her videos were so goddamned awful, I felt I had to take a stand against them. It's a bit like an election where you're not voting for your candidate so much as against their opponent.

Race to Adventure: It arrived, and the extras are awesome. Planning on playing it with some buddies when I get home.

Bones!!!: I have one box of Vampire out of my near-grand order. But that's because again, I'm in Afghanistan. The boxes have arrived. They are waiting at my parents' house. Waiting... Mocking me...

The Bestiary of the Curiously Odd: It was due in January, so I'm rather put out about that. On the other hand, they've been maintaining communication and sharing what they have with backers. I'm pretty sure it'll land eventually. But it is pretty late.

Numenara: One month late. Not bad, and it's an awesome setting. I haven't had as much time to look it over as I'd like, though (the aforementioned Afghanistan). Still, I think I'll be picking out a lot from it. May even pick over the ruleset, see if there's anythng there I like. I'm not normally a Monte Cook fan, but maybe this'll convince me.

Red Box Games' Fantasy Miniatures: Oh, Tre. Poor, poor Tre. He went with a new process for the casting, and we're all paying for it. Some people have received theirs, others of us are not so lucky. I'm not mad at Tre, but I am kind of annoyed at Ed for pushing forward on this so hard (so much as to take other peoples' projects onboard) without getting the kinks out of his process first.

Tome of Ideas for Writers and Roleplayers: I'll be honest. I backed this primarily because Saladin Ahmed was involved. I've only read one of his books, but as a former Arabic linguist, I'm a sucker for Arab mythology. Arab-based fantasy is all kinds of awesome. Sadly, this didn't meet funding. Not meant to be, I suppose.

Deadlands: Raven Graphic Novel: Another one that slipped from March to August. Last I heard, they were getting everything shipped, so in theory, it'll be waiting when I arrive. I haven't downloaded the .pdfs, because I thought it'd be more fun to read 'em in physical format.

The Art of Brom: A bit late, but in theory it's shipped and should be waiting when I return.

Low Life Miniatures: Andy, you and Tre should set up a support group. At least it looks like progress is being made again now that he's working with different people. It's hard to get too mad at Andy. Yeah, he went with the wrong people on this one, but so did a lot of others. I will say the miniatures I have received were pretty cool. Hopefully we'll see the others before we're all traversing the wastes of Oith.

Fractured Dimensions Orc Warriors: This one was a little late, but only because of a little hurricane problem they were having on the East coast. Once things calmed down, the figures shipped out, and I couldn't be happier with 'em. Not everyone likes pig-faced orcs, but I likes me some variety in my monstrous humanoids.

Wild Card Creator: A character creator for Savage Worlds. Supposed to arrive November, the beta was released August 1. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I have hope, but it's been a long time coming...

Fate of the Norns: Half a year late, it should be shipped by now. Hopefully it will be waiting when I return.

Project Eternity: Another computer game project. I'm still excited, and it still seems to be trucking along.

Dungeonlands: Tomb of the Lich Queen: Estimated for December, and in August they got the proofs. Bit of a time slip there. We'll see how the final product looks.

28mm Demons and Devils: Beagle's got a pretty good bead on this one. Progress is being made, but oh, so slowly. Definitely some mistakes made behind the scenes on this one. Still, they'll be awesome figures when they arrive.

Savage Outfitter: Another character creator. This one was due in November, with less apparent progress than Wild Card Creator. They're still working on it, but this is a case where they were more ambitious than their timeline allowed.

Conclave: Neat little digital game. Arrived on time.

Mr. Card Game: Due January, still waiting on my Kingdom of Loathing fun.

Hell on Earth Miniature Mega-Release: Also due January, this one's shipped. Again, presumably waiting for me at home. I'm mostly annoyed due to the limited communication. When the schedule shipped, there was almost no news on what was going on. Eventually we learned more about what the issues were (sculpt issues, then having to compete with Bones shipment for Reaper's attention), but it would have allayed a lot of fears if he'd given us more feedback.

Assimilation Alien Host: Dammit, Ed, you had one job. Or rather, many jobs. Probably more than were wise. All of the projects have suffered due to split attention, issues with the new process, and logistical headaches. Thankfully, I'm only in this one for some bases.

Soul of Science Artbook: I saw this one because it was from Tucson. It's a cool idea, and I'm excited to see it when I get home. It's a couple of months late, but that's within my "Kickstarter tolerances."

Sam Tsui's Debut Album: I don't actually listen to a lot of pop music, but I like the stuff Tsui and Kurt Schneider come out with. Plus, I'm a sucker for self-starters. This was pretty late. Not a lot of info given to backers on why. I thought they were a bit optimistic on their timeline, so I wasn't too surprised. Music was pretty good, if you're into pop.

Base Raiders: A superhero dungeon crawl game. It's running about two months late now, but it's almost done, and they've had pretty good communication. No issues here.

Cairn: I'm going to should swear words for the next five minutes. None of you will hear me, but I'll feel a lot better.

Creature Cards: Due in March, they started shipping a few days ago. They had a huge gap in communication, but since June, they've been making progress. I'd probably back 'em again, but I'd consider it a bit higher risk of delay.

The Guide to Glorantha: Due in February. Last update was in June saying it was almost done. I'm sure it'll be done eventually, but I'm not sure when.

Blackwater Gulch: This one was due in July, but it's apparently started shipping. That's close enough for me, so I'll give 'em a thumbs up.

DeepWars: Guardians of the Deep: I received mine a month late, but that's because I volunteered. They're still making minis, so I guess not everyone's gotten theirs yet. I stopped paying much attention after I got my minis. They were pretty awesome.

Terathan's Fantasy Kickstarter: He's got the goods in hand, but they were due in December. Also, I still haven't heard anything about the custom mini he was going to sculpt for me since some early communication.

Combat Kitchenware: Late, with lots of gaps in communication. He's supposedly back to working on it, but I'll believe it when I have my frying pan in-hand.

L.A. Gamespace: This I backed because it was a cool concept. Plus, I was excited about the games. Most of the games haven't arrived yet, but they're still working on them, providing screenshots and giving communication. Game Space itself is going well, last I heard. Not real upset by this one.

Through the Breach: Malifaux's pen-and-paper game. It's due this month, but as of a few days ago, it was in beta testing, so it's presumably running a bit late. Can't say much else. Haven't heard much on reasons for delays, so I'm not sure when it's now due to come out.

Sir, You Are Being Hunted: A fun idea for a computer game with procedurally-generated content. Due in July, but a playable build has been released unto the wild. I haven't downloaded it yet, though, so I can't say how good it is. I'll do so once I get home.

Fate Core: I do love me some Fate, so this was a no-brainer. .PDF came out on time, book is out, and... is waiting for me. There is a trend here. I am noticing it.

Pivit: A fun board game in the way of backgammon or checkers, with a neat mechanic. Sadly, the creator wanted fancy, special-made plastic pieces, which meant he needed a much higher goal than was achievable.

Matching Lions: There was a woman who made a card game with her five-year-old daughter, with cute artwork of lions, hippos, zebras, and gazelles. Simple, but fun-sounding ruleset demonstrated by said daughter. The Something Awful forums were charmed, and so it came to pass that a bunch of bitter, misanthropic goons all backed a little girl's matching card game.

Ehdigohr: A cool, original setting. This is one of those where I backed partly just because I felt it was an idea that deserved to happen, above and beyond any rewards. It was due in April, but he's been pretty open about what's been going on. Orders are starting to go out. I'm still pretty excited about this one.

Pathfinder Online: Not much to say about this one. It's not due for another three years or so, which seems a realistic enough timeframe. We'll see if it's good or not.

Gnomish Adventurer's Set: On time and to spec. No complaints, though, obviously, I haven't seen the minis themselves yet. Another surprise to be waiting for me at home.

Science: Ruining Everything Since 1543: I love SMBC. It's one of my favorite webcomics. And it involves stories from scientists like Phil Plait! This was a no-brainer. It's a little late, but not out of tolerance, and the .PDF is awesome. Well satisfied with this.

Games and Gears Pro Studio Brushes: I was in on the second wave of shipment. The quality's been a bit uneven. Some of the brushes have held their tips fairly well, some are terrible. I've heard they're pretty good at replacements, I just haven't had a chance to ask them yet.

Dragon's Hoard: A card game. I backed it after I saw how he responded to criticism. People pointed out that some aspects of the game were a bit problematic, and he did his best to fix them. Due in July, it's now at the printer. Late, but an acceptable level of lateness.

Moonbot Studios The Golem: A cool concept for a computer game that involved the Golem of Prague. Sadly, didn't come close to its goal.

Hell Dorado Inferno Expansion: This was due in July. However, they've had good communication, and they're very clear on where they're at (rulebook going off to the printers, all minis bar one sculpted). I'm looking forward to the finished product.

Machine of Death: A fun party game involving murder. What can go wrong? I backed at the .PDF level, just to see what it was about. I'm a little sad now that I didn't go for the physical version.

Expansion of Laser Cutting Product Lines: Laser cut wooden buildings and bases for minis. Sadly, it didn't make it. There wasn't much promotion done by the project creator, which pretty much doomed it.

Schlock Mercenary Challenge Coins: I love me some Schlock Mercenary, and I love me some challenge coins. Awesomely made, and they arrived just in time for me to bring them with me to Afghanistan.

Torment: Tides of Numenara: Still early days on this one, but they've been good on communication, and the developers are a dream team. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Shroud of the Avatar: A new game from Lord British. I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure why I backed this one. I was never much into the Ultima games. Still, I didn't back for much, so it's not like I threw too much money at them.

OMFG! Series 3: Have you ever heard of Bogleech? Splendid fellow. Runs a website full fo creepy crawly things and somewhat morbid humor. Written a few things for Cracked. Decent artist. One of his character designs was chosen as a toy for this run, and they seem about the right scale for some gaming. Due in October, and, so far as I can tell, on schedule.

Torn Armor: Due in November. However, we haven't had any updates since the end of July. Things seem to be going well, though. I'm cautiously optimistic that, if not perfectly on time, they won't be too late.

Achtung! Cthulhu: Due this month. They expect to have the .PDFs on time, with the physical books delayed a month. Not too bad, and they've done well to keep backers updated.

Fudge it! Fudge Dice Infusion: Due in October, and, happily, seems to be on track.

Modeling Leaves the Dark Ages: LEDs for your miniatures. On the one hand, it was kind of cool to have these pre-made lights, on the other hand, he was possibly asking a bit too much for something you could get at Radio Shack. He retooled it later on, and I believe the second one was successful, though I ended up not backing.

GTFO: A Film About Women: I found this more interesting than the Sarkeesian project, and this one I backed whole-heartedly. Not a whole lot of communication since the end of the Kickstarter, but they're still working on it, and I hope to see it in 2014.

Apotheosis Drive X: Fate? Mecha? Yes please! Sadly a bit late. Due in July, and at the end of that month we had a release candidate. Still no word on when it hits printers, but it's not faring too badly.

MYTH: Fun looking miniatures game. I probably won't play the game itself, but I'll definitely find some uses for the minis. Not due 'til January, and we're still getting regular status updates, so things look good.

Elves of Uteria: Cannibal elves? Color me intrigued. Rough draft is apparently finished, and they don't ship until March, so they're in good shape so far.

Tome of Horrors Complete: I'm a glutton for punishment, I am. However, the pricing on this one seemed a lot more realistic, so I'm feeling more confident here. We'll see where they are come December (and if Demons and Devils has arrived yet).

Low Life: Rise of the Lowly: I can't say no to Andy. Well, maybe to Alphabeast Soup, but not anything Low Life related. Anyway, this one involves some miniatures, but not many, and I feel he's learned his lesson there. In any event, he's never failed me on a book, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Skin Horse Volume 4: Another webcomic collection. Set in the same universe as Narbonic, this is pure fun. I received the .PDF in August, and the physical copy should be shipping this month, on time. I love it when a plan comes together.

Fate Dice: You can never have enough dice. In theory, the first wave of dice have already started shipping (and I've seen people posting pictures), which means they started shipping a bit early. Hopefully my first batch will be there when I get home.

Inverse World: Goon-made fun, this was a setting for Dungeonworld, though I opted for the FATE variant. Still waiting for the .PDF, but it's not very late yet, and the creators have been keeping us updated.

Red Box Games Dwarves and Goblins and Orcs: Tre again, this time hopefully without the issues that plagued his first Kickstarter. Going back to metal, which means the deals weren't quite as good, but at least we have better confidence of actually receiving the miniaturse.

Torchbearer: Some old school RPG goodness with the Burning Wheel system. The .PDF arrived already. The proofs were sent back to the printer towards the end of July, so hopefully we'll see physical copies in the relatively near future.

Marco's Board Game Reviews: Seemed like a cool series, and I wanted to get the Spanish Inquisition figures they offered as a reward. Haven't heard anything since the Kickstarter closed out.

Fractured Dimensions Infernal Minions of the Outer Planes: Similar to the Demons and Devils. On the down side, the whole thing was a bit confused compared to other Kickstarters, as he tried to find a way to give flexible deals to backers while still maintaining his bottom line. On the plus side, it's run by the same fellow who did the orcs earlier, so he's got some experience with this sort of thing. It was due this past month, but it looks like some of us have six months or more to receive our minis. However, he's going to get orders shipped out as soon as all minis in a given order are completed, which seems a sensible way to go about it. Some should be shipping in the next few weeks. Decent communication and explanations of why the schedule's shipped.

Dogs Playing D&D: It's cheesy, and not even very good use of Photoshop. But what can I say? It was something I wanted for my wall. It's running about a month or so late, but it's getting shipped now. I can't complain, since I wouldn't have been able to get it in July anyway.

The Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Machine: I've always heard great things about both Nobilis and Hitherby Dragons. I decided to give this a chance. Seems to involve a decent amount of both whimsy and philosophy. Here's hoping we see something awesome come November.

Dark Sword Miniatures Elmore Dragon Diorama: Larry Elmore rocks, Dark Sword minis rock, and this should, one would hope, also rock. And it shipped early! Another that shoud be waiting for me when I get home.

A Knight in a Silk Purse: Remember Tales of the Emerald Serpent? Yeah, that was pretty far up the page. We've been through a lot of scrolling together since then. Anyway, this is the follow-on volume. Looking forward to it.

Happy Seppuku Base Texture Stamps: This is an amazingly simple idea. I first heard about it here on the boards. I can't wait for November to arrive and to give these a whirl.

Psionic Miniatures: Not much to say here. I liked the designs. My order's not due until February, so it'll be a while before we see how this one does.

Olde World Miniatures: The creator posted around here and seemed like a cool guy, and I liked his style, so I decided to back. I've never painted busts before, so that'll be an interesting experience.

Weird Wars Rome: I love Savage Worlds. I love Rome. I love things that I've written for. I'm not going to lie, my favorite part of this Kickstarter was "by John Beattie" on the first stretch goal.

Now we get into on-going Kickstarters:

Deck of Legends: This is some absolutely charming artwork. Next time I run Savage Worlds, I hope to have a deck of these for initiative.

QU-SH-UG Casting: This is one horrendous looking miniature. I have to have him. Those tentacles, those rows of jaws... Who wouldn't love a face like that?

Wrath of Kings: I was on the fence about this one. I think most of the female figures are ridiculous. Not ridiculous funny, not ridiculous sexy, just... Dude, you're trying way too hard. But there are enough minis I actually like that I decided to back.

Game Decor's Paintworks: This seemed like something worth trying out, and it was cheap enough. We'll see how it works in practice.

Quick word on delays and lateness. At this point, I consider a game more-or-less okay if it ships within about two or three months of the estimated ship date. That's just part of the risk of Kickstarter, and why we get offered such good deals. If it gets more than three months overdue, how upset I am depends on why the delays happened and how open the company was about those delays. So, just because something didn't quite meet its deadline doesn't mean I'm disappointed.

WTF

Keep in mind that my gaming budget has almost completely fallen into Kickstarter for the last year and a half. I have purchased a few other board games and some mini-painted related things, but much less total cost there than my total spent on Kickstarter.

I have a spreadsheet that I keep track of the info about the stuff I have backed. Currently sitting at 31 funded kickstarters, 11 that didn't make it and two not currently done.

Of the 31, I have received most of the ones that were due by now (some aren't due yet).

Shadowrun Returns: Delivered 5 months late, but enjoyed the game. I will be going back to it once more user generated content is there.

Zpocalypse: Delivered 5 months late. Great game and glad I back it since it plays so differently compared to Zombicide.

Wasteland 2: Originally due out in March (so currently 6 months late). Last I paid attention to it was due out this summer.

Zombicide: Received all my stuff. The first shipment was delayed, but I was fine with it. The second batch of extras, I received MONTHS after everyone else seemed to. Their story is that my stuff got lost in shipping. Twice. My tracking info never showed it leaving their facility. When I finally got my stuff after dealing with the back and forth of crappy customer service for MONTHS, I received the wrong size shirt. I was so fed up with it that I just kept it and vowed that I would not back #2.

Bug Alien: This one was a local thing and I love it. I bought two and gave one to another science teacher that I know. This is one of my favorite KS purchases to date (and only took 6 months to arrive from funding date!)

The Lost Dutchman: Another local purchase. Received everything in a timely manner and I halfway enjoy the game. Glad to help out the local up and comers.

Reaper BONES: I love them so much that I preordered Big K and Nethy later due to buyers remorse. This has given me a new hobby and I love pulling my 3 year old into it :)

Dungeons & Dragons: A Documentary: I haven't checked on this one in a while. Originally due May 2014

Heroes of Metro City: Late. Way late. Due to arrive back in March and this guy has had a series of bad luck luck situations that have prevented that. I get the vibe that he overstretched his funds and is paying for it now. Last I heard, it could arrive mid-Sept.

Gnomish Adventurers: On track, but I bought into Completionist x2 with a buddy so mine isn't due to arrive yet.

Dungeon Roll: This one actually arrived early the month that they said it would. I was VERY impressed with that. It doesn't hurt that the game is pretty cool too.

Dungeon Crawler: Originally due in Nov, but last I heard it is on track to be a month behind schedule. I am anxious for this one. I bought in quite a bit.

The Gallery: I honestly haven't checked up on this one much since funding ended. Originally due Mar '14.

Professional Mp3 Background Loops (Plate Mail Games): I got the tracks three months early! I haven't had a chance to use them, but love the idea and now that I think about it, maybe I should play them while painting...

Itar's Workshop: I backed this one for more than I would like to admit. The accessories caught me. Originally due in October, but I get the vibe that things will be a little later.

MYTH: Not due until January, but I backed this one more than I probably should have.

RPGs are Evil - Dark Dungeons: The Movie!: Backed this for comedy value. Haven't kept up on info, but not due until Nov.

Teramyyd: Earthsphere: Pirates are a soft spot for me. Originally due in October.

The Stomping Land: A video game with some cool potential. Due out next May.

Among the Sleep: Another video game with some cool (although completely different) potential. Due out this December.

Dwarven Miner: I originally saw this one on the Reaper main page. It arrived last week and I haven't had a chance to play yet.

Tome of Horrors Complete: I bought in for more than I care to admit to something that isn't even my usually style. Not sure why or how that happened. I also don't really know when to expect this one. Originally due this December.

Adventure Maximus!: This one looks great! I can't wait to play this with my daughter! They are having printing issues and therefore, the August estimate got blown, but I am on edge waiting for this one.

Giant 2 inch Soft Foam Polyhedral Dice: This was a silly purchase. Maybe I can find a way to use them in my class. They missed the August date, but I think they are due fairly soon.

Alea Tools: I had some high hopes that this (established) company could pull this off fast enough to meet their ambitious shipping goal of August (only two months!), but it came and went. I think they are due the end of September.

ARKYD: Pictures from space? Sign me up!

Cthulhu Wars: I actually pulled my pledge since a buddy was backing this, but I traded some duplicate paints I had for the shirt and a poster.

Happy Seppukku Base Stamps: Due out in November. Haven't followed the news closely.

Whisper and Venom RPG: A local that I got a shirt from on Free RPG day. I figured backing would be the right thing to do. Due November.

King's Cup Cards: This was a whim and I am not sure how it will turn out.

So, out of the 14 that had initially been planned to arrive by now, I have received 9.

Games 'n Gears Pro: I should also list these since a buddy backed for the ten pack and I bought a set off of him. The first set was terrible so I traded him for another. The second set actually fell apart. He then sent them all back and now the current set is decent. They are not as good as my WN7s, but closer to that than the ones I have from the LTPKs. Worth $20 for seven brushes, but they might become my base-coating brushes so I can save my WN7s for the detail work.

Thanks to eveyone for taking the time to write their summaries, I think this little exercise has brought our international brotherhood closer together.

Monkey Sloth: you sir are incredible. Do you buy your groceries through Kickstarter too?

2 people like this

Talae, minor correction. Wasteland 2 was originally slated to come out this coming October, not last March, so it technically isn't late yet.

That said, the creators have said they're taking some more time to build up as much dialogue as they'd like.

I probably would if I could.

Currently not backing anything which is a first I believe. Planning on backing Darklands 2, Shadowsea and Going Native 2 (if it happens) but may not back anything new.

1 person likes this

THUMBS UP
Bombshell Babes
This one was great. They kept communicating, they actually had only a slight delay by miniatures Kickstarter standards, and the delivered goods were awesome. Second best crowdfunding campaign I was part of.
IndieGoGo: Freebooter's Fate Legends

Werner Klocke is the guy who edged out Bombshell. About as good overall, but almost on time, too - which I'm not sure any other miniatures crowdfunding campaign can claim. Okay, maybe the campaign should have included a disclaimer that Werner's figs aren't really suitable for people without years of miniatures experience - then again, doubt anyone else backed.

Larry Elmore: The Complete Elmore Artbook (Hardback)
That one didn't start out all that well with bonkers math on how much international backers were saving, but they made sure to clear that up rather quickly. It's been a bit of a laid-back campaign, not all that much in updates, maybe because Larry isn't some 30ish hipster who thinks Twitter is the end-all of communication. Cool by me, as the updates that came where to the point. Based on the last one, expect to hear another this week or next, hopefully telling us that shipping is underway. That put this amopng the best for timeliness and I have 100% confidence in terms of quality.

Empire of the Dead: REQUIEM

Getting ready for fulfillment, is he? It's only 3 months late on a campaign that clearly hadn't thought the estimated shipping date through (well, maybe it might've been good if the campaign had only trudged along to base funding, instead of unlocking how many stretch goals, again?) All in all, if fulfillment really proceeds at a good pace now, should turn out one of the best campaigns to date.

THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

Reaper Miniatures Bones: An Evolution Of Gaming Miniatures
Well, the shipment just needs to clear customs now... then I'll be able to tell if the content is up to my expectations. This certainly was an exemplary campaign... until the PR nightmare that was the RoW communications meltdown. Most of the more negative comments so far seem to involve just the figs I was most excited about, which has been a bit of a damper. Still, my expectations having gone down may just mean I'll be all the happier in the end and go Thumbs Up.
Better Angels -- A Hell of a Roleplaying Game by Greg Stolze
This got somewhat derailed when a big storm hit New York, but it's now at the fulfillment stage. Better quite late than never, right? Another one I hope will swing Thumbs Up in the end.

LEAVING MEGALOPOLIS
Did they ever properly explain why this is seven months overdue and counting between all their convetion appearance ads? Irrespective of the quality of the product, Gail Simone and Jim Calafiore won't see me backing them ever again. If the product also fails to deliver, it'll be seven Thumbs Down ...and counting.
Relic Knights
Let me think... that's the one were a six-month delay materialized less than a month before the estimated shipping date, out of thin air, and only after CMON had completed the Zombicide 2 KS. No, I'm not backing another CMON project until this delivers, and the pieces had better be bloody stellar, or I'm not touching anything associated with CMON ever again, no matter how long the stick. This is likely to swing one way or the other upon delivery.
Kingdom Death : Monster
There's a tough one to call. Technically, Adam has already admitted to a delay ("begin shipping rewards in November" does not equal delivery in November for a campaign this size), but he hasn't been all that concrete yet. Why might that be? My money's all on plastic quality. If he really was thinking of using CMON's Sedition Wars plastic, surely he must've come to the conclusion that it's either finding an alternative or kissing his reputation goodbye. Is there a better alternative? Feel sorry for the guy, he seems to be in a nothing to gain, everything to loose position with the plastics. Hope for the best, but not before 2014.
WarGods of Olympus: Mythology Miniature Battle Game
Communications since campaign close have been shyte, tbh; shifted to and even that has been more a trickle of hints than a real information flow. Starting to have doubts they'll manage to deliver in time - it's September, so the Painter levels would have to start moving out the door. Not really all that great a performance, given the somewhat premium price of the figs. No doubt they will deliver though.

Brothers of Iron

Expect no trouble here, though Curtis really needs to consider doing an update on how things are shaping up. Some of those Brits really can't get three words out without a pint to loosen their tongue... Think it'd help if I told him that's what keeps him from getting a Thumbs Up?

THUMBS DOWN

Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster
Technically, the final verdict is still out, with the second shipment due this month. The resin stuff does have a awful lot to make up for, though. The plastics aren't anywhere near as good as promised (and the level of warping on the big monsters is unacceptable), the rules are lacking, and the printed bits are so-so. All in all, it's no wonder the boxed set is already easily available for 1/3 off retail, because face it: it's simply not worth $90.
Assimilation Alien Host
Oh, right. There was that. I only backed for a couple of bases. You'd think he could've asked which ones I want by now. Well, he did write estimated shipping May 2013. Seems a bit of a shame (and possibly poor planning) that even these smallest of pledges haven't actually been fulfilled yet, though. Yes, I am disappointed.
THUMBS WENT ON STRIKE MONTHS AGO

Red Box Games' Fantasy Miniatures

The Trollcast campaign beset by no end of trouble. Tre's still replying to all messages, still working on fulfillment, and I trust it will happen. But I'm sure Tre could write a book on the potential pitfalls of a Kickstarter project that might be a good read for anyone else looking to run a campaign. As long as the figs turn out as good as the Frothers Sasha, all shall be forgiven.
SkyCube: The First Satellite Launched by You!
Why did the bloody fool list an est. shipping date of March 2013 in the first place? I know a wee bit about the aerospace industry and assumed a delay by at least half a year, more likely a year, is a given. I rather doubt everyone backed with that understanding... Not exactly a paragon of good backer communication, either. Ah well, I'm just in for a silly tweet, so whatever.

Damsels of Darkmyre
and
Warriors of Darkmyre Obliteration Edition
They have kind of delivered a little so far. Some of the figs I've actually seen so far look really promising, some look like they will only work out in resin, some look a bit wonky. It's definitely a rock road start for them, but there's potential. Will be interesting to see more figs actually come from the casters. Expect them to deliver... eventually... and with an odd mix of gems and dross.
TOO EARLY TO CALL

Fairytale Games: The Battle Royale

Well, the artwork looks promising, they still have plenty of time, so it's all wait and see. Their apparently gearing up for a second campaign already is a bit strange, though...

ArcWorlde - The Fantasy Skirmish Wargame
Yeh, him's a good 'un. High expectations for them bayourks. Just closed, so way too early to say much more than that.

http://modernappendixn.blogspot.com/2013/09/kickstarter-september-chart-edition.html

I post about what's late, how late it is etc... on a monthly basis just to see where things are. I only hit the stuff that's late. I'll copy it for ease.

So before Gen Con 2013, the guy behind Tectonic Craft Studios was pretty optimistic about it being done. Yeah... He's a good guy but I can't see most people who backed the first Kickstarter ever doing anything with the guy again unless it's already done and it's a super deal.

Dwimmermount actually has some physical evidence that it lives in the vinyl map and illustration booklet that I picked up at Gen Con.

Steampunk Musha I have little hope for. The creator speaks little about that project while doing other bits like magazines and dealing with serious real life issues. I can't fault him for having to deal with the latter but the former? While not updating the Kickstarter for over a month? Yeah, that I'll fault him for.

28mm Demons and Devils I've seen enough of in the flesh at Gen Con that I'm so not worried about it I bought the demon frog too.

Imbrian I know is out in the wild but I'm a 'year long' supporter and didn't go for multiple shipments. His initial quest to do it on the less expensive side failed and he wound up doing another route and I didn't want to add to his expenses at that time. In the future I may just paypal him a few bucks and tell him to ship it.

Assimiliation Alien Host has got so many problems going on I don't even want to get into it. A lot of these are things that are bad for the guy doing the project, not just his process on the project. The dreaded 'real life issues'. I swear one day I'm going to do a spread sheet with the things that happen to people doing Kickstarters. The real problem isn't that it's that unusual mind you, it's that if you're a one man business and you suffer them, there's not a lot of people to pick up the slack.

Relic Knights. This one is supposed to be due in November now thanks to the 'cheap' creation from China. I hope that one day real soon it's competitive to shop around and even if it costs more, if it's delivered in a more timely fashion that becomes an option. Something like, Level XXX for 10 bucks from China or Level YYY for 30 bucks delivered from USA. If it goes past November due to whatever issues ranging from lost boat or just not done, I'm getting a refund. Coolminornot, unlike some creators, is generally very good about taking care of people when they want their money back.

A Gallery of Rogues exists but I knew Jim wouldn't let us down after the many hiccups from the previous Kickstarter.

Cthulhu Mythos Foundry style needs to start updating more frequently with what's going on. I need to get my air brush skills ready!

Drake... m'eh? Another game I backed that I was excited for and there are some awesome figures I should have added to my pledge but at this point all I'm thinking is why did I back this game? Not that it looks bad or anything but that my interest level has waned tremendously since I first saw it.

Red Box Games 2. This one is really a head slapper for me. The first one is still having issues. This one was supposed to be a hit out of the park by Tre because it was doing things the old fashioned way that were already sculpted and yet it falls onto the list of late kickstarters. Hopefully it falls off next month.

Anyone else keeping track of their Kickstarters in Excel or Google Docs? Any other horror stories out there? I'm holding off backing any more RPG ones unless it's a really fantastic thing with a really awesome guy that I'm not worried about flaking out. For miniature or card games I'm still pretty ambivalent about it but I still have more faith in them for some reason.

Project Name Due Date Late Days Late Months Tectonic Craft Studios 6/1/2012 -458 -15 Dwimmermount 8/1/2012 -397 -13 Steampunk Musha 10/1/2012 -336 -11 28mm Demons & Devils 3/1/2013 -185 -6 Imbrian Arts Miniatures 3/1/2013 -185 -6 Assimilation Alien Host 5/1/2013 -124 -4 Relic Knights 5/1/2013 -124 -4 A Gallery of Rogues 6/1/2013 -93 -3 Cthulhu Mythos Foundy Style 7/1/2013 -63 -2 Drake The Dragon Wargame 7/1/2013 -63 -2 Red box Games 2 8/1/2013 -32 -1

This was surprisingly fun reading! I'll have to put mine up tomorrow when I'm on a computer, cause I'm not doing that list on the phone.

Monkey Sloth: you sir are incredible. Do you buy your groceries through Kickstarter too?

I did that once, but all the delays turned a killer deal into a health hazardous pile of rotten meat and sour milk products.

3 people like this

Talae, minor correction. Wasteland 2 was originally slated to come out this coming October, not last March, so it technically isn't late yet.

That said, the creators have said they're taking some more time to build up as much dialogue as they'd like.

My bad on that. I misread my spreadsheet. Good catch.

Overall, I don't think I regret any of the ones I have backed (luckily). There are some that I regret not backing, though.

I've backed far more than I should have, largely because I only really realised just what I'd gotten into when my Vampire Box arrived. But hey, it means I'll have plenty of cool gifts for friends and cool things to look forward to for myself gradually trickling in over the next year or so!

Cerulean Seas - I really just backed this in order to support the company and I'm happy that I did so. Haven't been paying too much attention to the pdfs I received since I'm behind on my reading, but the quality seems very good from what I've read.

Bones - The one that really started the tide! Reaper were always great in personal communications and worked with me to make sure I got the Vampire Box and I've just received the dragons last week. I think that their communications need some work, especially from the later stages, but that's all fixable and everything else was great.

Underground Kingdom - Neat little app for one of the old Choose-your-own-adventure books that I got to read with my nephew. It's well done and I'm happy with it.

Numenera - Physical books should be arriving pretty soon and it looks very nice from the pdf files I have. Communication has been very good throughout.

Broken Sword - Backed it on a whim and things seem to be progressing pretty well. I've just started playing through the old games again since I couldn't remember them too well.

Low Life Miniature - I trust that Andy will do what it takes to get the miniatures out, but I have no expectation for the figures to arrive any time soon now. EFS seem to have vanished from the project completely and hopefully Andy manages to wrangle things together.

Bombshell Babes - Both the projects were run extremely well and produced product in good time and with plenty of updates. Was a shame to see some tense exchanges in the comments towards the end of fulfilment, but I'm very happy.

Jungle Ascent - Nice looking little board game that I backed ages ago and just arrived a week ago. I haven't had a chance to play yet but the production quality looks very good and communication was strong.

Project Eternity - Seems to be trucking along, but still quite a while to go.

Dreadball - Production has been super fast and communication from Mantic has been great. Unfortunately I haven't actually had a chance to play the game and the minis are down the list for painting so I think I overspent on this, but the project has been very well handled.

13th Age - Got the book and it was even in time for the birthday gift I had it earmarked for. The book itself is nice and content seems interesting, no complaints at all.

Chibi minis - Communication has been good despite Tom's illness and I'm looking forward to these a lot when they arrive.

Endless - Happy with the project, but a little anxious since I spent more than I really should have. I was disappointed the dragoon couldn't be made since that's what really made me back, but they're getting a new version done by Patrick Keith so I'm looking forward to that.

Demons & Devils - I pretty much echo other comments. I'm looking forward to them but the communication hasn't been great. Still not really sure why things got held up at the end because he had to put in a last minute rush order for the old models he had included.

Midgard - I backed this because I'm a big fan of Midgard Press and the kobolds, but I must admit I had doubts about EFS. Looking forward to the kobolds when they arrive though.

Imbrian Arts - I'm a little disappointed the figures will be in metal, but the communication around it was very well handled and I'm still looking forward to my goblins.

Blackwater Gulch - Seems to be shipping now, I'm only in it since a friend is a huge Firefly fan though.

Girl Genius and the Rats of Mechanicsburg - Seems to be progressing and I only have a few dollars in.

Larry Elmore Artbook - The project itself was maybe a little wonkily run, but no real complaints and looking forward to a nice book of Elmore art.

Razor Coast - Book arrived recently and I'm very happy with it. Project was well run and great to see it finally out!

Pathfinder Online - I'm not interested in the game but I backed for Emerald Spire. Haven't been paying much attention since most updates are about the game, but I'm a big Paizo fan so I expect the dungeon to turn out great.

Fate Core - I like the Fate system and $10 has gotten me a pile of pdf files in quick time. Happy to have supported them.

Rebuilding EN World - Really just backed to support getting EN World back, haven't paid too much attention but it updates frequently and I downloaded a bunch of pdfs to read some time.

Games & Gears Brushes - I'm not experienced enough to comment much on the quality, but I needed brushes and this got me a bunch at a cheap price. They forgot to send my 000 brush though and this reminds me to check back with them.

Legends Fantasy Violin - Possibly my favourite project. Julia was so very enthusiastic it was hard not to get caught up in it and even though I just backed for the digital reward I got a postcard thanking me for my support.

Torn Armor - Not much to say, been a while since the last update but Natalya was in the comments saying she's just waiting to get some things back. Communication has been good so far otherwise though.

Loka - I just backed this because I could do with a chess set. Mantic seem to run things well so I'm not feeling worried about this.

Dungeon Roll - Should be on the way and seems to have been produced pretty fast.

Dwarven Forge - Got my whole group in on this, they keep asking when they'll arrive but things seem to be looking good so far.

East Asian Village - I couldn't resist getting in on this. They've had some issues with the Lasersaur, but good at keeping backers informed.

Happy Seppuku - Still fairly early stages, but looking forward to seeing all the stamps and trying to decide what I want.

*reads list again* I'm crazy...

Snip

WTF

In Afghanistan you make your own entertainment somehow ;)

Edited by Godfather Punk

Snip

WTF

In Afghanistan you make your own entertainment somehow ;)

I live vicariously through my little metal heroes.

2 people like this