Beagle

Your Kickstarter list. How you doing?

669 posts in this topic

In order from oldest to newest:

BONES = Delievered/Satisifed

VOLGARR THE VIKING = game complete. waiting download link.

BUG HUNT CORRIDORS = Delivered/ VERY Satisfied

Maurader GR: Special Mk II Set = delays due to production complications, but comms are good and those who hang in there are getting a hook-up.

FUTURISTIC METAL COINS = estimated delivery... October?

DUNGEON ROLL - Delivered/Satisfied

OBSIDIAN PORTAL REFORGED - Reward Issued almost immediately after funding. Project still on-going.

DARKRAVEN FANTASY SOUNDSCAPES - Minor techinical issues with product causing delay, but so far the fastest turn-around.

BEST DAMN METAL GAMING COINS EVER - FUNDED!! 8 Days To Go [goin in for 10 sets]

MIMIC MINIATURES: PERSONALIZED GAMING MINIATURES OF YOU!!! - FUNDED!! 27 Days to Go [goin for two marine-scale heads based on my own head/face]

1 person likes this

Kickstarter

Experience WWI Through a German Officer’s Photos – About to close. Communications excellent up to this point. Jury is out although his last communication indicated that he had sent the book to press and this is before his kickstarter closes (he did totally smash through his goal, I expect shipping to be a lengthy process though).

Wargod of Olympus – Currently in production mode things seem to be going well, communication okay so far. Jury is still out

Girl Genius Volume 12 and Reprint Frenzy – Currently in production likely to deliver at least 1 month late, communications pretty good. To many add-on extras for my taste but I would back them again. I was at the very least able to catch up on all the volumes that I missed although those will be in paperback now.

Dungeon Delve – Delivered on time, excellent communications. Good little game, would certainly back again.

Gnomish Adventurers – Delivered on time, excellent communications. Unlikely to back again though, the miniatures are just to static for my tastes as were the dwarfs. They change that and I would back again.

ZAS 15mm Mercs – Delivered a little late, but that was because of the success, it takes a while to hand cast all that resin. Excellent communications throughout the entire process.

Games & Gears Pro Studio Brushes – Delivered a little late, mostly due to be in the US (the reverse of my usual position). Communications were really good, was not terribly happy with the product (despite the overall glowing reviews from “pro” painters. I need to figure out who those people are).

Pathfinder Online – long term project it’s a way down the road to this one. Communications pretty good so far.

Kingdom Death – I expect this one to be late despite Adam’s enthusiasm. I lack confidence in his ability to pull it off. Communications have been okay.

The Complete Elmore Artbook – This one will be late, you would think that two people that have intimate knowledge of the publication industry would have started work well in advance of the announcement. A lot of complaints of odd stretch goals which didn’t bother me. Tons of stretch goals only seem to be a big part of the gaming kickstarters and not so much in other places. The communication has been good but annoying as Larry has been using it to plug his own favorites.

15mm Neo British Miniaturs – Delivered late, again a victim of his own success. It takes time to spin up miniatures so this delay didn’t bother me. Pretty good communications

Medieval Village – Delivered late, another victim of success, plus learning to use the laser cutter that the kickstarter funded. Communications were excellent although I didn’t participate in their next kickstarter (Asian village). Great Folks and I email back and forth with Steve when he has questions about miniature basing.

Bombshell Babes – Delivered late, again victim of success. I feel like the quality was pretty mixed. Some were stunning, some were average and when I would trade some of my selections out given a chance. Communications were excellent though and I didn’t mind the delay.

Dark Heaven Bones – Delivered Late? I know most people feel that this was delivered really late but the reality is they did start initial shipments in March which was on time. I would call this one another victim of success. I was content, my order was perfect. Communications varied I think they were okay, but could definitely use improvement. Kickstarter #2 will be starting later this year, even if they don’t improve anything I will back it.

Redbox Games #1 – Delivered late. I received my stuff quite a while to go. Most of Tre’s problems revolved around production that is out of his control and USPS raising rates after his kickstarter ended. I think he has probably solved the problems for his current kickstarter. I would back again.

Run Out the Guns – Delivered one month late because his suppliers ran out of the wood he needed to cut for the ships. Great communications, great product, would certainly back him again.

Fat Cat Far Trader – The first official Traveller 5 supplement, has yet to deliver the book. It hasn’t even made it to production yet. The designer drop off the grid for months although he has recently committed to weekly updates and he has been holding to that. I might back something from the company but not if Adrian is involved as the lead again.

Traveller 5 – delivered late. The book was late getting to the publisher but Marc’s communication was pretty good through the whole thing although a bit irregular. The hardest part was shipping as it was just Marc and his wife and they could only get about 50 packages a day out (with 1800 or so backers). There were a lot of personalized add-ons to this which slowed the process plus Marc was signing every copy of the book. I would back another project from Marc again though.

Sedition Wars – delivered a month or so late and I still haven’t received my wave 2 stuff (due last March) but it should be shipping soon. Communications have been good. I am unlikely to back another CMON kickstarter though, not happy with the final quality of the game components some of which is on McVey’s shoulders but I think CMON is the agent for everything and does a pretty good job of deflecting any blame.

Sedition Wars – delivered a month or so late and I still haven’t received my wave 2 stuff (due last March) but it should be shipping soon. Communications have been good. I am unlikely to back another CMON kickstarter though, not happy with the final quality of the game components some of which is on McVey’s shoulders but I think CMON is the agent for everything and does a pretty good job of deflecting any blame.

Kingdom Death – I expect this one to be late despite Adam’s enthusiasm. I lack confidence in his ability to pull it off. Communications have been okay.

While I agree that this will probably be late, I'm actually quite happy with the comms on this one. I'm guessing you would have preferred him to use the actual update section instead of using the comments?

While I agree that this will probably be late, I'm actually quite happy with the comms on this one. I'm guessing you would have preferred him to use the actual update section instead of using the comments?

Yes, I do prefer updates rather than updates in the comments section. Not everyone follows the comments, there is usually to much off topic stuff going on in the comments section that I don't want to bother sifting through it.

1 person likes this

Collide Bent & Broken ::): - Music rather than miniatures, was slightly delayed due to issues with the printer but I knew that they'd deliver and am very happy with the result - WIBA - Yes, no questions asked

Wyrd Games Evil Baby Orphanage ::): - Delivered, happy with the final result, but the communication left a lot to be desired, final rewards were about 6 months late, which was frustrating considering that they had the initial product on time. I was confident that they'd deliver though. WIBA - Already have (Through the Breach)

Reaper Bones ::): - Delivered, happy with the final results, as with most people I think that the communications and logistics of the RoW orders could've been better organised, but at the end of the day I was confident they'd deliver. WIBA - Already have

Alien Dungeon Fanticide ::): - Delivered, happy with the figures and the rulebook, another kickstarter where they dropped the ball on communication and took more than 6 months to get the final items out to backers (they did ship the initial items out on time) WIBA - Already have

Bombshell Babes ::): - Delivered, again these were late but communication was outstanding. One small issue with my reward by that was resolved quickly. WIBA - Yes, if interested in the content

Impact Miniatures Chibis ::): - Happy with the communications. These have arrived, some small issues that I'm trying to get resolved at the moment WIBA - Already have

Hell on Earth Miniatures ::):- Delivered, happy with the final result but communication was lacking. Over 6 months late by the time I received them. WIBA - No, lack of communication was the killer

Blackwater Gulch ::): - Communications have been lacking but I think this is a reflection of the fact that the creator is relying on another company for manufacture, distribution and everything else. Currently waiting for them to turn up WIBA - Maybe, if the right options were available, although if working with Game Salute again I'd be inclined to wait for retail.

Wyrd Games Through the Breach - Delayed, expect it to turn up sometime in 2014. WIBA - Depends on the actual item

Rivet Wars - Will be delayed, but that has been communicated. Apparently due to ship soon, however as part of my reward was not due 'til Q1 2014 I can wait...WIBA - creator yes, CMON, No

Midgard Miniatures - Delayed, not entirely confident that I'll receive them, see other people's comments WIBA - Not if I was paid to

Godslayer - Delivered, with an issue with my reward. Delayed due to over-optimism by the creators, also been overly optimistic in comments. Customer service when contacted directly has been good. Everything important received WIBA - yes, if they push out their delivery dates

Gnomish Adventurers ::): - Delivered WIBA - if the right options were run

Empire of the Dead: Requiem :mellow: - Delivered WIBA - Already have

Legends: fantasy violin ::): - delivered early, can only echo what other people have said about the value that Julia places on her backers WIBA - Already have

Torn armour - Delayed, communicated to us, waiting to see what happens WIBA - not at this point

All Quiet on the Martian Front - Have obviously learned from Fanticide. Unsurprised by delays, which have been communicated. WIBA - We'll see how this goes for me to decide if AD is worth backing a 3rd time...

Tablescapes - Not due yet, the boards I've chosen aren't expected til early 2014 and communications have been reasonable so far WIBA - Will wait until I have the items in hand.

Wargods of Olympus - Mine are not due yet, communication through kickstarter has been lacking, but updates have been made through their forums. I'm confident they'll deliver, as expected the first two waves have been delayed WIBA - Probably, but then I'm a wargods tragic...

Bones II - Not due yet

Chibi Asian - Not due yet

Edited by ratsmitglied

Kings of War: ^_^

Reaper Bones: :;):

Red Box Game: :unsure:

Relic Knight: ::(:

Bombshell Babes: ^_^

Dwarf Gladiators: :grr:

Alien Host: :down:

Kingdom Death: :wow:

Torn Armour: :wow:

Drake: :wow:

Hell Dorado: :wow:

Zombicide Season 2: :wow:

Deadzone: :wow:

Raging Heros: :wow:

Cthulhu War: :wow: No box??? WTF? :blink:

Wrath of Kings: :bday:

4 people like this

well played, sir. well played.

1 person likes this

I think Poots' style of updating in the comments to the folks who actively post there and only releasing high quality art and model filled push updates is awesome. It also fits his business model pretty accurately. He knows which side his bread is buttered, and it's not by people who only get KD news from KS pushes.

#01 Reaper Bones ^_^

#02 Imbrian Arts - nothing delivered; finally regular updates being published, but not sure when I'll see minis.

#03 Hell Dorado - nothing delivered; not sure when I'll see minis.

#04 Dwarven Forge - nothing delivered; regular updates and I feel that it will deliver this fall as promised.

#05 Veronica Mars - nothing delivered; movie slated to come out on time.

#06 Oathsworn Dwarves ^_^

#07 Wizard Castle "White Breath" ^_^

#08 The Kodiak - nothing delivered; regular updates but product delays

#09 Opus Fresh ^_^

#10 Red Box Games 2 - nothing delivered; regular updates and it's looking good

#11 Broek - nothing delivered; just waiting on my jeans

#12 Natural Decadence - nothing delivered; infrequent updates

#13 ARKYD - nothing delivered; infrequent updates

#14 Fractured Dimensions - nothing delivered; frequent updates and progress being made

#15 EMBRACE+ - nothing delivered; frequent updates but product delays

#16 Making Magic - nothing delivered; looks good

#17 20th Complete Starchild - nothing delivered; looking good

#18 d100 - nothing delivered; delays and personal problems make me feel uncertain

#19 Fire From The Gods ^_^ (literally after I posted this)

#20 Bombshell Special Edition ^_^

As of today, Reaper, Bombshell, Opus Fresh and Oathsworn Dwarves are all eligible for me to support their future projects.

Edited by Adrift

#01: Lockpicks by Open Locksport - greatly delayed, creator suffered financial disaster and nervous breakdown, but with patience and intercession from compassionate bystanders they're finally on the (promising to be long) home stretch of delivering picks.

#02: Reaper Miniature Bones - HUZZAH AND HURRAY

#03: Itar's Workshop - Looking to be about a month delayed, but keeping up communications. And if he delivers a month late, that should put him just in time for...

#04: PaintWorks by GameDecor - 1/3 through its run and 3/4 funded, I'm looking forward to this one.

Reaper Bones: Delivered. Sure it was delayed, but I think the hysterics, weeping, and rending of garments on the part of some customers was senseless. I realise that this is Generation Immediate Gratification's time to shine, and that there are a lot of very special little snowflakes out there whom the world needs to cater to - but this was a HUGE project and you got one hell of a good deal . . .

Congrats man.

Considering the disrespectful tone of your comment, you've managed to convince me that I'd much rather belong to "Generation Immediate Gratification" than whatever generation name you assign to your age bracket.

I can't think of an insulting title to give your generation, but I feel it would need to encapsulate the way you manage to completely misinterpret the primary complaint with Reaper's kickstarter. This being that they refused to tell their "customers" (the quotation marks are there for anyone who really thinks there's a difference between a "backer" and a "customer" in this situation) what was happening with the product that they had been promised. Not that the product was delayed, but that they refused to explain why it was delayed and for a long time ignored anyone asking.

Generation "missed the point so bad I broke my finger" just doesn't have the same ring to it but it'll do as a placeholder.

So well done, I've always had a degree of disappointment for the bulk of my own generation. The need for immediate gratification is one of the contributing factors to this. But now the example you have set has shown me the truth. That every generation contains people that make the entire generation look bad.

C'mon folks, can we please keep this thread a little more positively focused on what has been delivered and what we are waiting on instead of turning it into an argument on differing expectations; that sounds like an entirely different thread to me!

9 people like this

Agreed. These horses have been beaten to death. If you want to mention how you didn't like the communication in your report that's fine but lets keep the arguments and discussions to the various threads we already have for the Reaper kickstarter.

2 people like this

/thirded

Now, who wants to out money down on which the next Kickstarter to get me to pledge will be? It could be due to peer pressure of seeing people posting in here...

1 person likes this

/fourthed

I'm pledging $200 towards a guess that Talae's next backed KS will the Oathsworn Halflings!

1 person likes this