Beagle

Your Kickstarter list. How you doing?

At this point, I am just waiting on my pledged kickstarters to arrive (and of course, begin work on my own kickstarters, look for cool shirts coming in soon):

The flowers/tufts KS should be shipping next week

Midlam Halflings have shipped, and I am praying they have not got five fingered from the post office:(

Bones 4 got to place my final orders in then just waiting for the poor postal guy to NOT have a back injury because of said package (praying it gets here by my birthday in May!)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

At this point, I am just waiting on my pledged kickstarters to arrive (and of course, begin work on my own kickstarters, look for cool shirts coming in soon):

The flowers/tufts KS should be shipping next week

Midlam Halflings have shipped, and I am praying they have not got five fingered from the post office:(

Bones 4 got to place my final orders in then just waiting for the poor postal guy to NOT have a back injury because of said package (praying it gets here by my birthday in May!)

Midlam Halflings have hit California:) Now just waiting on flowers and Bones 4.

Fate of the Eidolon has arrived. The figures look great, lots of detail but the separate arms and legs and weapons make me shudder. 

Time for my yearly update.

Completed.

Spoiler

Stonehaven Dwarf Adventurers:- Received with no issues. Have backed again.

Reaper Bones 1:- Slightly late, but no real issues. Didn't back any of the subsequent Bones Kickstarters (not a fan of the material).

Stonehaven Gnome Adventurers:- Also received with no issues. Have backed again.

Super Dungeon Explore - Forgotten King:- Late, but no other issues. Did not back any further Kickstarters from them (lost interest in chibi-style minis).

Wolsung:- Very late, but no other issues. No plans to back any future Kickstarters (I have enough at the moment).

Carnevale:- Late, I considered the postage charges excessive and the mini I received was very poorly cast and sculpted. Will not back (or buy) anything from them in future.

Basius 2:- Late, but no other issues. No plans to back any future Kickstarters (Don't use the 2 I got as much as I thought I would).

Minion Miniatures - Monsters of Underdeep:- Received late, but with no issues. Would recommend them..

Corvus Corax - Outcasts:- Received early, no issues. Have backed again.

Corvus Corax - Dawning:- Received early (again!), no issues (again!), would recommend them.

Kingdom Death - Monster:- Final expansion was cancelled and received a refund, so is now officially completed. Despite being VERY late I did back their latest project in the hope that lessons were learnt.

Song of Blades - Hammer and Forge:- Received on time. Looks good, would recommend.

Infamy - Goblin Chief:- Received 3 months (!?!) early. Lovely mini, would recommend.

Wild West Exodus - Unfinished Business:- Received on time. Pretty disappointed by the minis in the end, they seem to have been cast on the cheap, would not recommend backing anything of theirs again.

Bombshell Babes 2:- Received slightly early. Very nice minis, but would have appreciated some better packaging, they've all been a bit bashed and bent during transit. Would recommend.

Heroines in Sensible Shoes:- Received on time. Very nice minis, would recommend.

Going Native - New World Monsters:- Received late, but the quality is very nice. Would recommend

Stonehaven Halfling Adeventurers:- Received late (but for good reasons), minis are up to the usual high Stonehaven standards. Would recommend.

Norsgard - Second Wave:- Received early, Very nice minis. Would recommend.

The Pantheon Of Chaos:- Received late, but was very pleased with what I got. Would recommend.

TGG2 - Light and Darkness:-  Received late. Decided to go with resin minis in the end just to get it over with, despite the minis being decent a lot of little things about this one annoyed me no end, would not back any more of their Kickstarters.

Shadows of Brimstone:- Received late (est. delivery Aug 2014). Finally arrived in early 2018, however it did look like they had spent the years putting a lot of work into the game, wouldn't back another one though.

Twisted:- Received late (est. delivery Nov 2016). Even taking into account that this was a two man team running their very first Kickstarter this one was extremely late, I would back another campaign though (I really like the minis), but I wonder if the delays in getting it out have killed any chances the game had.

Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3:- Received early (est. delivery May 2018). Straight into the completed column, why can't more Kickstarters be like this? Highly recommended, even if I personally probably won't be backing any more.

Pending

Kingdom Death: Monster 1.5:- Update:- Late, but Wave 1 shipments have started so it has only slipped by a couple of months. Sadly communication is just as lacking and irregular as it was in the previous Kickstarter. (Latest Update:- Getting later, Wave 3 delayed by at least a year. Amazingly, communication has gotten even worse (still waiting on the promised post-Gencon update), I know it'll get here one day and it'll be amazing when it does, but the situation is frustrating.)

Carnvale:- Due Feb 2018. Hopefully as this one has been run by a different company it turns out better than my previous Carnvale Kickstarter, has been providing regular updates so I am optimistic at the moment. (Latest Update:- Slightly late, but should ship out next month sometime.)

Mierce Miniatures - Savage Hordes 4:- Due June 2018. Finally jumped on one of their Kickstarters, should get the existing minis I pledged for next week, but I think it'll be awhile before I see the new ones. (Latest Update:- Running late as expected, surprisingly I don't think they've posted any updates yet, but I'm only waiting for 3 minis so I'm not too worried).

New

Unbroken:- Due Dec 2018. They've already confirmed this is going to be a bit late, but otherwise things seem to be progressing smoothly.

Daughters of the Burning Rose:- Due Oct 2018. Another one that confirmed it was going to be late pretty early on. Much more annoyingly, I no longer need the minis I was getting from this one.

The Stygian Depths:- Due May 2019. Too early to know how this one will go, but Antimatter Games do have a lot of Kickstarter experience, so hopefully it'll go smoothly. 

Failed

Imbrian Arts:- It hasn't technically failed yet, but there has been no apparent progress made in almost a year (and very little made the year before that). While I did receive part of my pledge, I doubt I will see any more of it. I think both the money and enthusiasm for this project ran out a long time ago. (Update:- This one has sparked back in to life recently, still doubtful I'll receive anything, but stuff is happening)(Latest Update:- The regular updates that were promised quickly fizzled out again, looks like I was right not to move it from the failed category).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Failed

Imbrian Arts:- It hasn't technically failed yet, but there has been no apparent progress made in almost a year (and very little made the year before that). While I did receive part of my pledge, I doubt I will see any more of it. I think both the money and enthusiasm for this project ran out a long time ago. (Update:- This one has sparked back in to life recently, still doubtful I'll receive anything, but stuff is happening)(Latest Update:- The regular updates that were promised quickly fizzled out again, looks like I was right not to move it from the failed category).

Oh Imbrian Arts. What a disappointment. :down:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Yeah.

At least I got something out of it, I feel sorry for the people who just went in for the Elves or the dragon etc. that never made it past the concept art stage. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Kingdom Death: Monster 1.5:- Update:- Late, but Wave 1 shipments have started so it has only slipped by a couple of months. Sadly communication is just as lacking and irregular as it was in the previous Kickstarter. (Latest Update:- Getting later, Wave 3 delayed by at least a year. Amazingly, communication has gotten even worse (still waiting on the promised post-Gencon update), I know it'll get here one day and it'll be amazing when it does, but the situation is frustrating.)

Poots is reliable.. he wants every update to be packed and full of stuff because he feels people will be disappointed if it isn't.  Delays usually mean more content than planned though.  He's a perfectionist on everything.  Which is why I think he built in the delays for the Dec 2020 fulfillment date..  Gambler's chest sculpts were mostly done at Gencon I think, but his lack of an update is fairly predictable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SamuraiJack said:

Poots is reliable.. he wants every update to be packed and full of stuff because he feels people will be disappointed if it isn't.  Delays usually mean more content than planned though.  He's a perfectionist on everything.  Which is why I think he built in the delays for the Dec 2020 fulfillment date..  Gambler's chest sculpts were mostly done at Gencon I think, but his lack of an update is fairly predictable

Yeah, I know it'll get here eventually full of extra stuff, no complaints there.

But I should have learnt that the Gamblers Chest had been pushed back a year from an official update, not a YouTube video someone did of them talking to Poots at a con, that's what annoys me.

Ideally, he should still put out his super, awesome, mega annual update, but then get someone else to do a brief one every month.

• Like 1

Here is where I am:

Cities of the Black Scrolls - Modular Map-Tile Sets

Estimated delivery Apr 2018  -- all PDF files received

The Necronomnomnom - A Cookbook of Eldritch Horror

Estimated delivery Jun 2018 -- still at the printers

Scenic Grass Tufts and Flowers

Estimated delivery Jun 2018 -- delivered on time

Fate of the Eidolon - a sci-fi miniature range

Estimated delivery Nov 2018 -- delivered early

Bunny Girls 28mm Miniatures -- delivered on time

Tealure Tea: A gift from the clouds

Estimated delivery Aug 2018 -- stuck in customs

The Return of Cleopatra - 28mm Egyptian Miniatures

Estimated delivery Oct 2018 -- just paid shipping

Typographic Postcard #28 "WISH YOU WERE HERE"

Estimated delivery Nov 2018

The Sassoon Files (PDF)

Estimated delivery Dec 2018

Reaper Miniatures Bones 4: Mr. Bones EPIC Adventure!

Estimated delivery Feb 2019

Axolotl Playing Cards

Estimated delivery Mar 2019

Critical Role

Estimated delivery Mar 2019

Cthulhu: Death May Die

Estimated delivery Jul 2019

Lost Kingdom Miniatures: Cuetzpal Empire

Estimated delivery Aug 2019

• Like 2

Kensei Wako vs Namban - Delivered ( Undead Samurai and Conquistadores)

Reaper Miniatures Bones IV

Estimated delivery Feb 2019

Lost Kingdom Miniatures : Cuetzpal Empire

Estimated Delivery Aug 2019

Andulivean Miniatures  Conquerors of Mictlan

When they start the PM I will be informed to be able to get the Gorgonopsids.

Estimated Jan. 2019

Edited by Glitterwolf

7 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

apparently he's trying to get all the plastic done (well everything for the next wave anyway) by years end as his manufacturer basically doesn't have any production slots in 2019 due to an excess of other work so he's probably got even less time to work on an update than normal as they'll have been in time crunch for most of the year

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, Darsc Zacal said:

Yup...the figures I do have are fantastic. I'm so torn with my dislike for Jody Siegel and his miserable failure to complete this project that part of me wants to drop all his figures in the melt-bin at Reapercon, and part of me wants to paint them up, post them online, and make it clear that he produces great work but is moody and likely won't finish what he starts. Essentially, serve as a constant reminder and warning. 

When he did his undead resin Kickstarter last year, I knew I wasn't going to be seeing my figures in metal as pledged.

Imbrian Arts is EXACTLY why I don't back Kickstarters from unknown creators with enthusiasm anymore; only trusted sources get my full funding. 

Updated my list; I'm growing concerned about TerraScapes given the  updates with excuses.  I've seen the standard, "I'm fully committed to fulfilling this project" line plenty of times. The project is 5 months overdue and the creator still cannot seem to get any sort of production underway. They were at ReaperCon 2017 and I backed them b/c they were at the Con; they didn't show this year. 

#01 Reaper Miniatures Bones 1

#02 Jody Siegel Imbrian Arts :grr:
#03 Hell Dorado: Inferno Expansion
#04 Dwarven Forge 1 (dungeons)
#05 Veronica Mars Movie
#06 Oathsworn Miniatures: Heroes of the Dwarves
#07 Wizard Castle "White Breath"
#08 The Kodiak
#09 Opus Fresh
#10 Red Box Games: Dwarves, and Goblins, and Orcs Oh MY!!
#11 Broek Jeans
#12 Natural Decadence: Gluten Free Grahams

#13 ARKYD: A Space Telescope for Everyone

#14 Fractured Dimensions: Infernal Minions of the Outer Planes

#15 EMBRACE+

#16 Making Magic: The Art of Gary A. Lippincott
#17 20th Anniversary Nearly Complete Starchild

#18 d100 by Ominous Cow Productions :grr:
#19 Fire From The Gods
#20 Bombshell Babes: Special Edition Maelee
#21 Reaper Miniatures Bones 2
#22 Metal Comb Works
#23 Dwarven Forge 2 (caverns)
#24 Come with me and "Dance in the Fire"
#25 Oathsworn Miniatures: Clan McFiggin Dwarf Brewers

#26 Reaper Miniatures CAV: Strike Operations

#27 Basius 2

#28 Red Box Games: Heroic Fantasy Miniatures

#29 Red Box Games: Barbarian Hordes

#30 Reaper Miniatures Bones 3

#31 Red Box Games: Warbands of the Cold North 2

#32 Red Box Games: Wabands of the Cold North 3

#33 Reaper Miniatures Bones 4 (February 2019)

#34 TerraScapes: Caves and Grottos (June 2018) :unsure:

#35 X-Case Clear Expandable Miniatures Display

#36 Red Box Games: Warbands of the Cold North 6

#37 Kobold Press: Tales of the Old Margreve: 5th Edition Forest Adventures (April 2019)

#38 Frozen Ninja 3D Summoning a Dragon! Fantasy & Sci-Fi Miniatures/Busts (April 2019)

#39 Juegorama: "The Adventurers" High-quality Fantasy Resin Miniatures (March 2019)

#40 Outdoor Element: Phoenix Knife Set (April 2019) 

#41 Dirt Cheap Dungeons (May 2019)

#42 Samael, The Raven Demon (February 2019)

Edited by Adrift
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Adrift said:

Imbrian Arts is EXACTLY why I don't back Kickstarters from unknown creators with enthusiasm anymore; only trusted sources get my full funding. 

Same ditto. While I pledge less money to smaller creators, the money I've lost (or had long delays) are from the smaller ones.

I've been with KS since Bones I and can say that I have *plenty* of miniatures to paint and *plenty* of games to play. 

Nowadays, many creators are using KS for a second printing or something similar, decreasing risks and delays.

Inexpensive miniature terrain seems to not have a major player, but I'm watching Galladoria Games and Architects of Destruction's projects.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ced1106 said:

Same ditto. While I pledge less money to smaller creators, the money I've lost (or had long delays) are from the smaller ones.

I've been with KS since Bones I and can say that I have *plenty* of miniatures to paint and *plenty* of games to play. 

Nowadays, many creators are using KS for a second printing or something similar, decreasing risks and delays.

Inexpensive miniature terrain seems to not have a major player, but I'm watching Galladoria Games and Architects of Destruction's projects.

Galladoria has a KS going?? I looked based on what you said and couldn't find anything.