Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goblyn

Haunted Door

18 posts in this topic

What a great idea! Lovin' it! Be sure to show it off when painted =).

1 person likes this

What a great idea! Lovin' it! Be sure to show it off when painted =).

i am thinking a translucent ethereal blue :;):

Hmm cast that in clear resin (water effects or something) then overlay it on a double wooden door made from popsicle wood or something that will give clear straight woodlike grain. Then a wash like Goblyn says and that would look really awesome.

3 people like this

Spooky! Perfect for Halloween! Great job!

1 person likes this

What a great idea! I can't wait to see it painted.

1 person likes this

What a great idea! I can't wait to see it painted.

+1 on that!

Very cool!

1 person likes this

Very creative idea!

1 person likes this

Very good idea for a sculpt.

The doorframe certainly makes it more complete. A pair of door handles would probably finish it off nicely.

If you're looking for some feedback, I have some. The top two bricks on the right hand side of the door frame are sloping slightly, which throws it off a bit. For the door itself that sort of thing doesn't matter - it's a haunted door so if it isn't perfectly symmetrical it fits. But in the frame it looks odd. That's also not the sort of uneveness that would occur naturally (settling floor, etc.) so yeah. Other than that, though, your rocks look great - they have great texture and the other imperfections fit nicely.

The faces look pretty cool as well, I love the vaguely bestial green one that is nestled between the white abstract skull and the white hand.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Xherman1964
      Happy Birthday, Sculptor of Wonders!!!!

• By Pingo
      I will be making individual WIP threads when I can get organized enough, but I just wanted to share these faces I painted yesterday because they are the first things I have painted since last November (uggh, Beekeepers topics ...) and they made me happy.  They are for a single game, some PCs and some NPCs.

• By ChristopherGeorge
      Hey folks!

First timer here, though I must admit to lurking through the forums for quite some time before I got up the nerve to post something. I've only recently discovered Bones and I must say that i'm absolutely amazed with it. In a fit of curiosity I bought some green stuff from the local hobby store and went about trying to make my own miniatures. (This post isn't about that) the results were less than photo worthy, but i'm still working on it, so maybe i'll have something to show for my efforts. 

Anyways, i'm getting distracted, I'm currently running a home brew role-playing game with some friends and one of my players has been lamenting the fact that there aren't any red bearded Barbarian characters. (He sports a mighty beard.) I searched through the Bones stock and found that he was right - there really wasn't anything that suited. Then I remembered something that someone had posted in the craft corner about trying to modify miniatures before You try to sculpt your own. And Oh Boy - were they right. My apologies about the shots they were taken on my phone. 

I started with Goldar the Barbarian

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/goldar/latest/77047

Who as you can see is beardless, but he's got a nice well defined neck and I thought he'd be perfect to add a beard. As you can see the photo below i'm still a beginner as far as painting but I was very surprised how easy and effective a little bit of Green stuff goes. To whom ever suggested modification of Bones as a learning step you have my heartfelt thanks, You've made a certain red bearded barbarian very happy!

Keep on Gaming!

Chris

• By ultrasquid

From an old Grenadier box set, a green slime in the process of consuming a man in chainmail.
    • By odinsgrandson
      Here is a cool little diorama I got to do for a client.  Most of the time, religious art in miniatures is more akin to painting a Menoth force, so this is a bit of a departure.  The three figures are from Thunderbolt Mountain- sculpted by the fantastic Tom Meier.  I completely endorse grabbing stuff from Thunderbolt Mountain- the faces he sculpts are amazing.

This set is larger than usual gaming scale, but since they're also pretty much true to life scale, so their eyes and details were pretty tricky.  Quite different from the old Inquisitor minis I've done.

I based them on an 80mm mini CD and created the cave from green stuff, and the objects around it are a combination of things I pulled out of my bits box and things I sculpted.  The donkey started out as a 28mm horse that was standing up, and the jars are from a Reaper Bones spru.  I think the bird might have been from the Old Witch of Khador kit.

I posted them up to Coolmini for anyone who cares to see more angles.

Anyway, here they are:

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Io Saturnalia and have a good whatever holiday you care to celebrate.
  • Who's Online   44 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)