Arutema

Recommend me a spray sealer

So I've had great experiences with MSP brush-on sealer and will I suspect continue to use it for most minis.

However, I'm now working on a diorama starring Ebonwrath as a silver dragon, and the large base plus huge wingspan is going to leave me a lot of surface area to cover.

Can anyone recommend a spray sealer that:

Works well on bones.

Won't heavily dull the shine on metallics.

Works well in humid environments. (I live in Houston. The rainy season is coming.)

If there is no such thing I'll tough it out with lots of brush-on sealer, but I'd like to know if I have options.

I use krylon matte finish. I live in oregon however so it isn't too humid. It's rainy as you can imagine, but not very humid. If you go with krylon follow the instructions on the can EXACTLY as they are written or the sealant will create a frosty effect on your subject. Nothing ruins a great paint job like an opaque film of sealant. Poor aragorn /shakes head in great sorrow.

I use krylon matte finish. I live in oregon however so it isn't too humid. It's rainy as you can imagine, but not very humid. If you go with krylon follow the instructions on the can EXACTLY as they are written or the sealant will create a frosty effect on your subject. Nothing ruins a great paint job like an opaque film of sealant. Poor aragorn /shakes head in great sorrow.

you can hit it again and that might kill the frost

I use Krylon Crystal Clear year round. Our summers are hot and muggy and our winters are cold and sometimes wet and in ten years I've never had a frosting problem. I spray in the garage, which is not climate controlled. After the Crystal Clear I hit them with Dullcote.

The Bones I've done so far haven't shown any issues, after all I'm spraying paint, not raw plastic. It does seem to firm them up a little, the swords and things aren't so floppy after being spray coated.

If humidity is your biggest fear then an airbrush is your best friend. If you don't have one yourself then try asking around. Since you live in Houston it shouldn't be a problem finding someone who's willing to help you out with varnishing your models using an airbrush.

you can hit it again and that might kill the frost

You have to wait 2 full minutes before applying the 2nd coat, otherwise it turns frosty. It only happened to the 1 mini so I wasn't worried about it. Not mention I have ~7 different aragorns. Dang gamesworkshop.