MamaGeek

77073: Freja Fangbreaker, 77094: Trista, the White Wolf

Clever idea for the enlarged base! We have a couple of characters in our game who spend half their time enlarged--normally we mark the status change with Alea tools, but this is a very pretty option if you know about this when you're painting the mini. What did you use to build it?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Auberon
      I have had some VMA Signal Red (metallic) gathering dust for quite a while, so this morning I decided to try it out.  Three hours later (including finding and shaking the paint) I have a complete test subject. I think that given the time to really work with it a person could do a decent TMM red with it.  As is, I have a tabletop ready dwarf.

• By Loim
      I started this conversion a loooong time ago for a friend who needed a dorf with an axe, and I did not at the time have a dorf with an axe. I was never quite happy with it, and the game died quickly. I forgot all about this little guy until recently, and I decided to finish him, and queue him up for the paints. I initially started with a clay weapon sculpt, but while I was fiddling with it it broke. In a fit of rage I cut a piece of aluminum stock and after a few hours of shaping we got here. I did a bit more shaping after this photo, and I plan on doing a bit of Apoxie Sculpt to blend in where the old weapon was cut away. For the surgery I used a #11 Scalpel. All the shaping was done with a #8 Double Cut Mill Bastard and diamond files. 

• By paedia
      Trista is one of my favorite sculpts; I really love that she is in practical (but still super cool) armor. I wasn't that keen on her existing sword, so I swapped it out for one of the swords on the sprues that came with Bones 3 (I think).

So far, I have some basic lighting blocked in and have done much of the work on her face and hair.

• By Patrik Strom
      The first painted mini of the year! I really love this sculpt. My favorite part by far is the comb over :D I did a poor job of cleaning the miniature before priming and starting to paint it (like always), so there's a bit of grain on the axe and other irregularities. But nothing to harmful.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting a Dwarf Engineer from Stonehaven, having recently backed their second Dwarf kickstarter, I thought I'd better finish what I got from their first many moons ago.

This one is a bit rough around the edges, I didn't put much effort into prepping my minis in ye olden days, plus he's been partially painted and stripped at least a couple of times by this point, but I think he turned out okay.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 2 Anonymous, 220 Guests (See full list)