Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

Fantasy Vignette...Lara Jungle Relic Hunter...

post-11942-0-33886500-1382136561_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-51264200-1382136508_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-93783200-1382136453_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-75253900-1382136396_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-60278700-1382136345_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-85222300-1382136290_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-92084500-1382136245_thumb.jpg

VIGNETTE TITLE...LARA, JUNGLE RELIC HUNTER...

FEMALE FIGURE...HASSLEFREE (#HFA001)...Eve, Adventurer...

NOTE...This is the (4th) fantasy vignette project as outlined in my (WIP) vignette projects for Oct/Nov 2013...

FINISHED PRODUCT...This is the finished vignette product for the step-by-step (WIP) (Lara In The Jungle)...posted Sept. 13, 2013...After an extensive month long search of both retail markets and for trade postings which netted negative results in trying to find/locate the (Freebooter - Lara Croft) figure...I gave up and went ahead and finished this vignette using the Hasslefree figure.

I hope you like the end results...even though I would have loved to have my first choice figure to finish this vignette.

• Like 15

Hey, cool!! You finished it, I remember the start but then I never saw it and kinda wondered what happened. you did a great job on this one.

• Like 1

Hey, cool!! You finished it, I remember the start but then I never saw it and kinda wondered what happened. you did a great job on this one.

Thank you Chaoswolf! No, my friend...I did not forget about it...I just put it on the shelf in hopes of finding the figure I wanted to use...as I stated, I spent a month searching dozens of retail firms/hobby shops and miniature manufacturers...also posted (for trade) postings on a few web sites...but nothing was successful...so I decided to finish the vignette using my (2nd choice) figure. I am glad that you find it to your liking.

You settled on the Hasslefree figure for Lara and I think she turned out really well. I've enjoyed watching you build the vignette and there are a few things that I learned from this one that I'm hoping to include in a project I'm currently working on. You see, you do have many things still to teach me :;):

Excellent work again!!!

• Like 1

Your creation is WONDERFULLY imaginative. It has the hallmark of a FINELY DONE piece; i.e., every time I look at it I see something new. GREAT WORK!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

You settled on the Hasslefree figure for Lara and I think she turned out really well. I've enjoyed watching you build the vignette and there are a few things that I learned from this one that I'm hoping to include in a project I'm currently working on. You see, you do have many things still to teach me :;):

Excellent work again!!!

As always; thank you for your comments Anne. As you may have read, I finished the vignette using the Hasslefree figure (not by choice but by necessity...could not find the Freebooter figure anywhere). I am (as always) looking forward to your current project!

Your creation is WONDERFULLY imaginative. I has the hallmark of a FINELY DONE piece; i.e., every time I look at it I see something new. GREAT WORK!

Thank you malefactus; your comments are greatly appreciated!

Beautiful figure and such a lush and beautiful background! I have diorama envy I think. How much time did this whole thing take you in terms of hours?

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 1

Beautiful figure and such a lush and beautiful background! I have diorama envy I think. How much time did this whole thing take you in terms of hours?

Hi 72moonglum...The vignette base construction took about 12 hours (that was 4 sessions of about 3 hours each)...the painting of the figure took about 8 hours...the final finishing touches to the whole vignette took about 2 hours. So overall (in hours) it took about 22 hours...but the work was done over a period of 9 days.

Hi 72moonglum...The vignette base construction took about 12 hours (that was 4 sessions of about 3 hours each)...the painting of the figure took about 8 hours...the final finishing touches to the whole vignette took about 2 hours. So overall (in hours) it took about 22 hours...but the work was done over a period of 9 days.

Wow, quite impressive! That's a lot of time and dedication, but the results are spectacular!

• Like 1