CashWiley

02370: Luther Baldwin

Thanks guys! I believe it's a Scibor base. I should probably hit the flora with another highlight, the varnish dulled it quite a bit. And then varnish it again to kill the glue shine on the boot :) Oh, photos, you always reveal it.

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm glad you guys are enjoying the WIPs, I enjoy doing them and really like sharing what I do to hopefully inspire other folks. I also try to attribute all the better painters I take inspiration and methods from - my nmm is all Anne Foerster L2PK3, I owe her a good bar tab. But then I take a page from Graham Kerr (the galloping gourmet) who called recipes a 'springboard'. For several projects now I've been trying to discard nmm 'recipes' and just go for the basic idea of contrast and light/shadow play on metal.

I encourage everyone to approach painting as a chance to learn something, to try something new or take something you've learned and stretch the technique to see where it breaks (Anval's red skin!). It adds a really fun dimension to painting and Loki approves of the mischievous nature of that approach.

edit - oh, and the white cloth is from Laurent Esposito's Miniature Mentor video. I think I mentioned it in the WIP, but just in case I didn't I want to give it a shout out. I purchased it when I was doing the grave digger project to learn black cloth, but I found the lesson on white cloth much more useful. And the skin tones were a mash of stuff Laurent did, stuff I read in James Gurney's Color and Light (buy this book!) and a post by Roman (jarhead).

Edited by CashWiley
  • Like 7

Whatchagonnado when the crusades roll on over you, brother?

I need to match him with a Saracen doing the Macho Man pose. Oh yeah!

Edited by CashWiley
  • Like 2