Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reaperbryan

Questions About the Kickstarter, now that it is over

319 posts in this topic

The Kickstarter is over, but there;s still some very valid questions out there.  In order to help ensure that we at Reaper see them to provide you with valid answers, this thread is now opened for Questions and Answers only.

Off-topic chatter will be culled.  Incorrect answers will be culled.

Posters will not be notified of the culls - and it will not as a rule be considered an infraction of the rules to have a post culled, but please try to keep this thread chatter free.

What miniatures were planned, sculpted that we DIDN'T get to see? :P

1 person likes this

So, how long did it take you to clean up the PIE? It appears she was a step or two further away than good accuracy would permit.

Edited for msipelings

Edited by Bonwirn

So, how come the Dark Maiden didn't make the cut in the "angels" subset of expansion 1? Just curious. (Not that I need one now, I just picked up both non-Shipwreck Angel sculpts.)

I'd really rather not go into "why A and not B" kind of discussion.

1 person likes this

I'd really rather not go into "why A and not B" kind of discussion.

Fair enough. On another note:

Will Talin's Oni be coming out (either Bones or metal), or will we have to wait for Bones 3?

first of all Bryan thanks for the pie bit, I got a great laugh out of it.
and secondly would you care to talk about the logistics of the pledge levels vs the first ks, fewer mini's per level and higher prices for addons and so on, even still I pledged more than I did for the first kickstarter. (I learned from the retail sting that I should get everything i want during the Ks)

(not complaining, let's just say I'm part cat and very curious) I jumped All over the large mini's dds and the not terrask and kraken an so on.

Edited by pocketcthulhu

Will Dragons Don't Share retail with the adventurers included?

2 people like this

first of all Bryan thanks for the pie bit, I got a great laugh out of it.

and secondly would you care to talk about the logistics of the pledge levels vs the first ks, fewer mini's per level and higher prices for addons and so on, even still I pledged more than I did for the first kickstarter.

This project has a lot more individual models behind it - over 300 - with a lot more of them being bigger, compared with 240ish last time. So our tooling (making the molds) cost is higher, and we're going to be doubling up on some of the molds for joint US/China production, and overall, expect our cost breakdown to be front-loaded. We feel like we could have done more with the first project (like had USA molds budgeted) and felt that we could still provide a good value while also generating the benefits that we need to improve stability internally - like USA molds and paying for the building we already added...

16 people like this

Is the plan to have sculpts completed for the concept art only items before we have to commit our selections? Maybe with size & scale info for the items that don't have it?

2 people like this

I'm sure we're all wondering if there'll be any fallout from the Kevin White Barbarienne Nipplegate, but most would have the decency not to bring it up. Who is going to lose their job over this? Will there be a resculpt? Can you comment on this at all?

More seriously: the core pledge level features a dryad and two kelpies wearing not much at all, Bones I had a medusa and two demonesses (oh, and ghosts and a fire elemental). Is Reaper going to reconsider having nude/topless female monsters in future core sets, just in case people figure out nipples are niples are nipples?

6 people like this

The art has been assigned to a sculptor but I do not know if it is for Bones or Metal.

Right now we are hoping that Bones 1+2 will make Bones self sufficient and that instead of Bones 3 we can grow the line incrementally and focus our KS efforts on smaller projects that we've always wanted to do but could never fund.

Not to say we won;t Bones 3, but right now we are planning different projects to launch after fulfillment.

Like launching the game side of your business which I would love to work for? ::D:

Real Question. How long can we adjust our rewards in the pledge calculator? Also last time we could add more after the fact will that option be available again?

Edited by psyberwolfe1
1 person likes this

I'm glad to hear there will be more US molds. Are there plans to use this KS for more molding machines?

2 people like this