ctsteel

Here's an idea for a Reaper Christmas product

You know those Christmas countdown calendars you can get, where you open each of the 24 days in turn and there's usually something behind the number 'door' - a picture, or in the more elaborate ones a chocolate etc.

Well...... Imagine one of those with random Reaper bones minis behind each door! Obviously would be the smaller bones minis for the most part, but they could be randomly inserted by the packing staff so that no two calendars was identical - adds to the mystery and fun aspect and creates more interest for gift giving etc. Could be another entry point for new collectors/painters too.

I guess the calendar itself would be a sturdy-ish thin cardboard frame with a perforated door over each recess. There must be manufacturers out there already making this sort of stuff where you get calendars with items/chocolates etc.

Anyway, just my random thought - now it's time for everyone to speculate and wishlist so that Reaper hopefully listen and consider :)

Which minis would you add - would you add paints or other non-bones etc items? Not sure how that would go for accidental spillage etc in transit so bones seems the more viable path but hey, this is a thread full of Christmas wish-magic right? ;)

Edited by ctsteel
  • Like 4

It's a cool idea, but is it economically viable? Those things have like two dozen spaces, which even with the smaller Bones starts to hit $50 territory.

You might be better off getting one of those chocolate advent calendars and replacing the chocolates with minis personally chosen for the recipient.

• Like 2

Shoot the Lego Advent calendars all run around $40, this is a great idea!

I looked up what an advent cabin is, that's neat, I'd do something else crazy like an Advent Dungeon or Advent-ture, you clear one dungeon room a day, and the loot is that days prize or whatever. You could have the whole dungeon already set up with tiles or whatever.

• Like 11

I looked up what an advent cabin is, that's neat, I'd do something else crazy like an Advent Dungeon or Advent-ture, you clear one dungeon room a day, and the loot is that days prize or whatever. You could have the whole dungeon already set up with tiles or whatever.

"Advent-ture."

Augh.

EDIT: The pun is spencerjohn's, from the post immediately above mine. If you're going to "like", please "like" his post, as he is the actual witty person.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 10

I usually just get the cheapo cardboard advent calendars with chocolates in them. This year I found one with a neat picture of teddy bears >.>b

Though, we may be getting the lego star wars advent calendar this year. It has droids, which I love. If I could buy just the droids from legos, I would (which I can do on ebay, but it's fairly low on list of nerd priorities).

You can also get wooden advent calendars from Micheal's around this time of year which you paint up yourself and add the goodies to.

• Like 2

I love the calendar idea. I could picture each date on the calendar as a dungeon door that you open and get a new mini, paint pot, etc.

Speaking of Christmas ideas, I've been hoping for a nativity scene with Mouslings.

• Like 5

Aw thanks Pingo!

The Advent Dungeon Crawl is starting to tempt me, short and sweet game sessions. So I need to come up with 24 small treasure/rewards, bleh!

• Like 2

This year is one of the few where the Advent calendars are going to be right. Advent starts on the fourth Sunday before Christmas, which this year is the 1st of December.

• Like 6

My Chrismas advent calendar was hand made of felt by my mother-in-law. It has little felt ornaments that you hang on a felt tree.

When one of the prizes was lost last year I replaced it with Chrismas-thulu. (he has a santa hat and tenatcels)

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 8

My Chrismas advent calendar was hand made of felt by my mother-in-law. It has little felt ornaments that you hang on a felt tree.

When one of the prizes was lost last year I replaced it with Chrismas-thulu. (he has a santa hat and tenatcels)

How does your MIL feel about the replacement? :huh:

• Like 3