Chris Elizardo

Demon and Ghoul Sculpts

Hey Guys and Gals,
Here are two new piece that i sculpted recently. They are both 28mm scale, the first is a magic using Demon and the second is Ghoul. Both pieces were sculpted for Two Hour War Games.
Thanks for looking!
Chris
0b0j.jpgvm34.jpg6tlt.jpg

• Like 17

I love the demon. He has a great expression, and the horns are awesome. Great job on the chest and ab muscles. I'd buy this guy in a second. I like the ghoul too, he looks very creepy though not particularly undead. I'd probably use him as a creepy human NPC.

My only criticism is with the photos - they are way over-compressed. Try compressing with a quality factor of at least 80-90. Also, if you edit the same image twice, save the intermediate steps in a lossless format. That will help you get rid of the blocky jpeg artifacts.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys!!

I must admit that I am definitely not good at taking pictures, Pragma its like your speaking a foreign language to me in reference to picture quality. I've been using a mavica digital camera for the last ten or fifteen years, you know the one with the 3.5 in floppies, yeah I know, who still uses those...LOL but i just moved into the modern era and got myself a Sony Cyber - shot,model DSC-HX1 with a very good zoom but for the life of me I don't know how to use it..yet Got any advice about my camera and the best settings for miniatures?

Thanks!

Chris

Wow, a digital camera with 3.5 inch floppies? I had no idea they made those - I didn't even think those technologies existed in the same decade.

You can disregard what I said above about image quality. I assumed that you were heavily editing your photos after shooting, but it sounds like it's just your camera.

As for advice with the new camera, most modern cameras have an automatic mode where you just point and shoot. To be honest, even though I have a relatively fancy camera, I tend not to use the advanced settings and just keep it on automatic.

• Like 1

The Demon is well done, I really like the pose and the head of the demon.

The Ghoul is my favorite of the two. I immediately thought "Say Hello Riff-Raff!" (This is a compliment, just to make sure the intention is known!)

Thanks Everyone!

These were sculpted in a Premo / Sculpey III mix, with epoxy sculpt bases. Mostly I work in Polymers, I have sculpted in Green Stuff but Polymer seems easier, at least to me, to work with and holds up to molding and casting well.

Thanks

Chris

Well I'm impressed with your sculpting.

Lots of great detail and you've been able to inject some personality into each one too.

They both look quite good however I favour the ghoul too. Although he strikes me as less ghoulish and puts me in more in mind of the creepy butler that answers whenever anyone knocks on the heavy double doors of the local castle/manor house of the typical evil Count/mad doctor.