• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SparrowMarie
      After a poll this seems to be the best place to put this thread. For the most part I'll stick photos under spoilers because my phone likes to make them large.

So I bought a sketchbook today with the intent to catalog and show off all of my paints. I thought it was quite the appropriate book to get.

First I made a grid on a page. Then added the title to each column: Name & SKU, None, Base, Wash, Brown Liner, Blue Liner.

That's as far as I've gotten. Next I plan on starting to fill out paint names and SKU's. Then I will prime the squares with some plain white brush on primer (Vallejo in this case). I'm really hoping that the paper is thick enough to avoid the water from just being absorbed. If it isn't I will go to the craft store and buy a better book with different paper and can use this for something else later. 

Each column is a different thickness of paint/what I'll be putting it over. So None is straight out of the bottle, Base is thinned enough for a base coat, Wash is thinned down to a wash consistency, and Brown and Blue Liner will have each of them put over the primer and then a base consistency paint over that. 

I'm going to spend some time filling out the names and SKU's and then I'll get to priming the squares. Might go back and go over the lines with a sharpie or pen to make them a little more apparent where the lines are for my sake. 

ETA: I already have a spreadsheet of all of the paints I own and then sub-sheets broken down by line/company. I think there is a way to put color samples into the sheet but I've yet to figure it out. So I'm making this so I don't have to pull out all of my paints when I need to color scheme something. I can just pull out the book and go from there. It'll be much more efficient for me.
    • By dice4hire
      I have been painting minis for a few years now and my paint collection has evolved quite a bit. I started with a few bottles of Tamiya paints

Then I went into a KS called Paintdecor and got a goodly collection there, plus a few Vallejo paints as they are available retail here in Nagoya Japan, whereas Reaper is not. Got a couple Dwarvenforge paints around the same time also.

Then I started to get more into Reaper, with a lot of buying, including a learn to paint kit and my collection expanded

And just today I got a couple nice Vallejo paint racks so it looks a lot more organized

I also have one of almost all the Dwarven Forge paints but not a good pic of them right now. They are off to the left in the third pic.

And in a few weeks, I'll be getting another 35ish reaper paints I bought last year including the holiday bundle. 

I will update with a pic of those when they arrive. 

I know it is not a huge collection, but compared to its beginnings, it is a whole lot better. 

Whatta ya got?
    • By Phoenix Rising
      I'm wondering what people use to reproduce natural or light varnished oak and pine wood. Darker woods and weathered wood aren't too difficult with Reaper's paint selection, but I can't seem to find the right combo to get anything close to natural oak or pine - either the "neutral" light wood color of oak or the yellower tones of pine and varnished oak.
    • By Dosani
      Hi, i have many Reaper Colours in triads, but i dont know if maybe the store that sold them to me some years ago had an old batch or else, as i see that some of the colors are not as shown in the reaper site. So wanted to ask anybody that has the "undead skin tones" and "vampiric skintones" , if you have any pics that show the true colour of the "moldy skin", "bloodless skin", "ghoul skin", "vampiric skin", "vampiric highlight" and "vampiric shadow", as i want to compare and determine if maybe my colors are wrong or something :( and see what i need to add to them to make them be as intended :)  Thanks for the help ! 
    • By Inarah
      My challenge is to finish the blue bin in the coming two weeks: 

There's some extra random stuff I might get to. I'm also starting with Mrs Claus and the cat dragon. 

And if that's not enough, one of my KS projects fulfilled:

• Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)