Were any stats/abilities of Psyros ever published/played with? (other than the brief mentions in the original rules and JOR1)

I ask 'cos I got a bunch of Shaltari units sitting here waiting to play Dropzone Commander and suddenly thought; 'CAV... Psyros... Shaltari... Hmmmm... PHR... CAV... Psyros... Hmmmmm...'

Now you have to imagine the normally match/candle bright thinking processes suddenly shifting to the realms of lighthouse power. So... getting the picture? :-)

There was some work done on some psyros for CAV 2. They made an apperance at the 2005 Reaper con I think. They were a bit on the over powered side so they were never released. As far as SO is concerned ( I know noone CARES about SO) Jon hasn't mentioned Psyros yet, however I am not in the loop of everything. Just my 2CP.

There was some work done on some psyros for CAV 2. They made an apperance at the 2005 Reaper con I think. They were a bit on the over powered side so they were never released. As far as SO is concerned ( I know noone CARES about SO) Jon hasn't mentioned Psyros yet, however I am not in the loop of everything. Just my 2CP.

Oh some of us care about SO. Liked what I saw at ReaperCon last year; just concerned about the absolute silence since.

I think there were sats printed up, But I don't remember where, Let me check the CAV material I have when I get home form work

It looks like the Psyro stats are in JOR 2. Look in the back of the book

There were CAV 2 stats for Psyro as well. But they were very Beta. I think it was the 2007 RCon that I ran a CAVern crawl with Psyro.

I've perused JOR2 but it appears not, and the stuff in the original rules and JOR 1 certainly isn't enough to play. Guess if I want to play with them I'll have to grow my own rules based on the little info there is - ah well!

That said however, whilst running through JOR 2 looking for the offending info I came across this reference to a 'new' publication ::D:on the credits page;

Coming Soon: Rules of Engagement

Did it ever see the light of day? Perhaps it had rules for Psyros?

I think Rules of Engagement was actually a CAV novel that never made it to publication. The author ended up releasing it for free as fan fiction. Pretty good book. Not sure where to get it now, though.

I think Rules of Engagement was actually a CAV novel that never made it to publication. The author ended up releasing it for free as fan fiction. Pretty good book. Not sure where to get it now, though.

No, you're thinking of Heavy Words, which is still available on Mil-Net's home page. Rules of Engagement was going to be campaign rules, but it was only in play-testing when the decision to make 2nd edition was made. We re-used the cover on War for Sale.

The problem w/Psyros (specifically the CAV 2 version) was that Akela and MadPat wanted to make them different, by making them a type of melee unit, but they could never get them balanced. On a small table, they won all of the time. On a large table, they lost all of the time.

No, you're thinking of Heavy Words, which is still available on Mil-Net's home page. Rules of Engagement was going to be campaign rules, but it was only in play-testing when the decision to make 2nd edition was made. We re-used the cover on War for Sale.

The problem w/Psyros (specifically the CAV 2 version) was that Akela and MadPat wanted to make them different, by making them a type of melee unit, but they could never get them balanced. On a small table, they won all of the time. On a large table, they lost all of the time.

I seem to remember that small table theyd swarm you and it was over. large table you shot them to heck.