araziel

77168,77169,77170,77171 Golems Galore

Like I mentioned I had a productive few days last week, and I had a few more after the earth elemental was all done- probably mostly due to the cheerleaders on here :bday:

Since I was just done with the stone golems I figured I might as well finish all the golems while I was at it. So here they are, 2x Vampire golems all done.

post-7765-0-34553600-1389814760_thumb.jpg

Removed the pants from the clay golems as I just find that stuff silly, other than that they're all stock.

I know I've said I don't like having two identical models, but golems are an exception to that rule. Golems are pretty much made to, say, stand guard at each side of a doorway, and having two that are the exact same adds to that imo. I did all their eyes white with the same green fluo paint so they have a nice magic golem glow.

I might add some dry/dead static grass on the bases, but I'm not sure yet. I kinda like them muddy and cohesive like they are now.

On another note, I keep posting these show off threads with SKUs etc for every model I finish (and feel is good enough to be seen by others :P).

I thought I read somewhere that that was the prefered way to go about it (due to ease of finding the model you want an example off etc), however now I see a lot of folks posting collected show off threads instead. Sooo if that's prefered I'll start one of those with my next submission instead.

• Like 16

Great job on all of these!

I also like the consolidated WIP and Showoff threads so that everything is on only 2 threads rather than scattered all over the forums. The SKU/make/model in the posts also help a lot in case someone wants to look them up to buy their own. Definitely recommend you do it too, all the cool kids are doing it!

• Like 1

Great set of golems there!  You are making me want to move mine up in my way to long paint immediately queue.

The consolidated show-off thread trend is new and not the most search friendly way of doing it.

Per the board guidelines:

When you post in Show off, please use the topic title line for the name of your creation, and use the description line for the manufacturer. That way, you're descriptive and search-friendly at the same time while giving credit where it's due.

• Like 1

I always link directly to the page where the SKU of the figure is now so that makes it real easy to find the figures. To each their own though.

• Like 1

Yeahr, I knew I read that somewhere, thanks Citrine. They're a lot of fun to paint, and apart from the flesh golem, pretty sparse in fiddly details/easy to finish fast. I feel golems should be pretty "bland" and not filled with gemstones and different colors, but that might just be me.

It's just that I can understand the new consolidated things. There's a lot more traffic here nowadays than back when I joined, collating threads makes more room on the forum front page.

However I guess I'll keep following forum guidelines for now until someone tells me otherwise. I like this way of doing it even in when I'm just trying to find my own threads :P

• Like 1

I'm also of the mind that the best way is consolidate WIP with an index to individual Show-Offs. Easier to search, and if you ever want to browse a user's finished stuff, you've got the index - which also makes navigating a long WIP thread a bit easier (though mine is so stuffed with talk it's tough to follow, sorry!).

Nice golems, strongly iconic.

• Like 2

@araziel

As someone who liked searching the forums for paintjobs on specific SKU's a lot I like the way you do it. Makes it nice and easy.

• Like 1