Grumpy

7. Steam

Looks great, but as a painter I've developed a dislike for sculpting round eyeballs. It makes it difficult to paint a mini looking forward, as the whites of the eye are recessed and the dark pupils are sculpted outward. Sandra Garrity has done it forever, so obviously there is a place for that, just my 2¢.

Very well done!  Love the expression on his face.  The details a nice and sharp.  Very impressive.  The only part I don't care for is the revolver, which (IMHO) is way too big.  That would be 20 to 30 lb of steel IRL. But that is more of a taste thing anyway.  

I absolutely love the boots; love the detail you put in them.

Andy

• Like 1

......... The only part I don't care for is the revolver, which (IMHO) is way too big.  That would be 20 to 30 lb of steel IRL. 

he loves the big guns)

• Like 2

......... The only part I don't care for is the revolver, which (IMHO) is way too big.  That would be 20 to 30 lb of steel IRL. 

he loves the big guns)

The revolver looks like a beefed up Lefaucheux 20-Round, very cool sculpt.

I like it. I don't mind the big guns as it lends a cartoony feel to the mini which I like. I'm not much for this eye style though. It's a matter of preference as a painter rather than it being done poorly.

I can't wait to see more.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now