ReaperCon Cosplay

JackMann

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A question about the costumes. A plastic bullet belt worn on the chest could be a problem? (exactly this one on the photo)

a20792a12772dac69746bf_m.JPG

I also had the idea to buy a a plastic rifle somewhere around there (since bringing one in the plane will give me a lot of headache in customs) but I guess it will not be a good idea after all.

From our Policies:

Please abide by our weapons policy: Weapons may only be brought as part of a costume, and must follow these guidelines: All weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed and peace-bonded at all times. No clowning around or showing off in the common areas. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated and rule #6 enforced. We expect you to use good judgment; with your help, we can continue to allow peace-bonded weapons - thanks!

Especially in the harsh reality of our times, ReaperCon security staff, hotel security, and local law enforcement officials will treat anything that looks like a real gun as a real gun. We do not post bail.

Decorative items that are not weapons will be acceptable, such as this bandolier above, but please do not include any real or imitation guns.

yeah. as crazy as it sounds, with the way our world has been as of late. I've even decided against the nerf gun I was looking at. I lost one nerf gun to security last year when I forgot to take it out of my laptop case. Flying is craaaaazy

Security theater. The backscatter machines don't work reliably to detect weapons or explosives. The only actual terrorists caught were not stopped until they were already on the planes.

At this point, he TSA is like the NSA; in that both agencies now work for themselves, not the public.

Also, the recent events at Ft Hood will likely have local folks a little concerned with anything resembling guns right now.

A question about the costumes. A plastic bullet belt worn on the chest could be a problem? (exactly this one on the photo)

a20792a12772dac69746bf_m.JPG

I also had the idea to buy a a plastic rifle somewhere around there (since bringing one in the plane will give me a lot of headache in customs) but I guess it will not be a good idea after all.

From our Policies:

Please abide by our weapons policy: Weapons may only be brought as part of a costume, and must follow these guidelines: All weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed and peace-bonded at all times. No clowning around or showing off in the common areas. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated and rule #6 enforced. We expect you to use good judgment; with your help, we can continue to allow peace-bonded weapons - thanks!

Especially in the harsh reality of our times, ReaperCon security staff, hotel security, and local law enforcement officials will treat anything that looks like a real gun as a real gun. We do not post bail.

Decorative items that are not weapons will be acceptable, such as this bandolier above, but please do not include any real or imitation guns.

Thank's for clarify it Bryan. No weapons at all for my costume :-)

but obviously, if you can giggle, he didn't do you up tight enough. To show proper amusement you should hide your face behind your fan and try and draw in enough air to not faint

I'm breaking it in atm so I can't go all jessica rabbit tight on this thing. But dangit I can giggle! 

• Like 1

Sooo I'm thinking: it's a western themed RCon. I'm thinking of a Cowboys & Indians theme. I'm already rockin' the skin tone-- I think a pair of moccasins and two painted stripes on both sides of my face will suffice, right? Right...?

• Like 4