Sign in to follow this  
PBartholdy

New Spawn sculpt

Hiya everyone,

Here's a sculpt I've been working on for some time. I finally got to finish it. Tell me what you think:

6ajs.jpg
a3g4.jpg
5p0a.jpg
m815.jpg
6p24.jpg
h5ak.jpg
kj9l.jpg
dwhs.jpg

It will be put into production, and resin copies will be available from a UK based company. I'll announce which, when they allow me to :)
  • Like 11

Looks hideous and disgusting enough to me, I like it! The pictures are showing up as a bit dark on my computer and I can't quite see, but his face is twisted back and some kind of maw is coming out of his throat, is that correct?

Thanks!

Trodax: Yup, that's exactly right. The idea was for the maw to have mutated out of his mouth, and thus ripping open his face. You might be able to see it more clearly from these pictures:

edgt.jpg

3k8l.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, I see it now, thanks! Ye old mouth mutation, had a case of that a few years back myself, pretty damn painful actually.

I really like your sculpt!

• Like 2

Super creepy! I like the way you gave him a sense of forward motion, like the creature is bursting out of the body and lunging toward you.

Thanks a lot to all of you :)

I've got the go aheard from the company, so I'm free to tell you that this will be available from www.zealotminiatures.co.uk
I don't know when yet, but I'll ship it off next week along with another spawn, and a zombie bust.

• Like 2

Awesome scuplt!! And congrats on getting it into production. You'll have to let us know when it goes into production, I'm going to get at least 1.

Oh, cool! If there's anything that's better than one gribbly human-mutant-spawn-thing, it's twogribbly human-mutant-spawn-things!!

That is exactly right Chaoswolf!

Here's pictures of the second spawn:

u0tv.jpg
0gwc.jpg
xww3.jpg
xuro.jpg
nqvg.jpg
bk37.jpg
378n.jpg

Both are on their way to UK now, and will be available for you all in a couple of weeks from zealotminiatures.co.uk
  • Like 2

Awesome! I was actually checking out Zealot Miniatures the other week, they have a couple of beastmen I'm thinking of ordering, but I'll be holding off on that order until your spawns show up.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Boaz
       It's hard to have a desert planet without a sand worm ... but after buying a load of Kulathi and hounds of Tindalos my stash of doubloons are stretched thin so I turned to GM Scotty and his youtube channel "theDMsCraft" (two tentacles up) for a cost effective option ... after viewing his techniques in video #74 DIY purple worm cheap and easy and his video #129 how to make the watcher in the water from LotR ... I'm ready to start crafting ...

Started with a basic TP tube frame and a lil hot glue ... followed with a paper towel and white glue wrap, not all at once as I did not want it to melt into mush, I covered no more than half, spread out, and let dry (the hard part) before applying the next layer , with a few hot glue bridges to help round things out ...

At the same time I started twisting up the tentacles,  then reinforced them with hot glue, as well as shaping and reinforcing the teeth ... glued body to a base to match my Kuden terrain set (could have used cardboard as I made sure it was balanced naturally) then hot glued on teeth cut tenticals to mount at nice angles and ready for next step ...

• By Pingo
      These are the set BFM MLS003 from Bad Squiddo, which I have discovered is called "Vampire Thralls", although in my notes I call them "feral vampires" and I think of them as more unaffiliated vampire pirates or swashbucklers.

(Although thinking about it, it would be really difficult to be a vampire pirate, what with the total lack of shade and all.)

I painted one of them up blonde, because blonde vampires look extra creepy.

There is a WIP thread here.

As ever, comments, critiques, and questions are welcome.

• By rainman1
      This question sounds pretty stupid, but I don't know how.

• By Rainbow Sculptor
      Hey guys! Sorry I haven't stayed active here. It is something I want to be more consistent about. 

I sculpted this lethargic little sloth in my spare time over the last few months. I'm pretty happy with how he came out and learned a lot of new things along the way. There's also some of the in progress pics and the original concept art. Critiques and feedback always welcome!

He's still in need of a name, any ideas? 
      Thanks for taking a look!
      -CVP

(PS: the rabbit is still a WIP)

• By Pochi
      This was my entry for the Quarterly Painting Contest on Facebook. I pictured him as some twisted villain's pet so he got a food dish and a toy! (Officially known as the Tennis Ball of Fetching!) I have a love of puns and F-eye-do cracked me up so I had to paint his name on his food dish.

I made him removable from the funny base and also made the ball removable. This way he can still chomp adventurers!

The contest was a blast and out of 70 entries, no two were painted alike. So many color schemes and different eyeballs! It makes me want to get a lot more eyebeasts and recreate some of the awesome paint jobs from the contest. (My players might cry! I fully expect one of their characters to purchase a ball and carry it around in their packs...just in case!)

Thanks for looking and C&C welcome!

• Who's Online   43 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)