Harrek

Scale75 Paint

Has anyone out there tried the Scale75 paints yet?  They look interesting.  Especially the NMM sets to help a person starting off on that technique.  But the colors themselves look quite nice.  Just wondered how well they worked in practice before getting a set for trial.

I love the Scale75 paints.  They might be thicker than what you are used to, but they thin very well.  I've been using the NMM set for a while now, and they do very nicely.

A couple of examples of the results I've gotten from them:

Steel and Gold:

946159_521297154584087_1664415416_n.jpg

Azure Steel:

1390624_572940156086453_1676372636_n.jpg

Keep in mind that I've been painting NMM for close to 10 years now, and have been teaching it at various conventions for several years.

• Like 9

Excellent paint jobs pae.  I'm new to NMM (and in a NMM class at Reaper Con to help).  Do you think having these NMM focused paint sets to start with will make doing NMM easier from a color stand point than using other color sets?  The videos on Scale75 showing how they use them are also quite good.

Edited by Harrek

Has anyone out there tried the Scale75 paints yet?  They look interesting.  Especially the NMM sets to help a person starting off on that technique.  But the colors themselves look quite nice.  Just wondered how well they worked in practice before getting a set for trial.

We actually had a pretty good discussion about this particular topic a couple of weeks ago now.

Here's the thread.

I'm thinking the mods might combine these two threads after seeing this.

Anyone tried to wet blend with them?  I love the super matte appearance that they get but I would hate to have to relearn how to paint if they don't work well with my techniques. 

I overlooked that thread as I assumed it was only about the figure KS, not any details about the paint!  Thanks for the pointer.

• Like 1

My blending technique involves a little bit of wet blending, as well as quite a bit of palette mixing.  Our climate is too dry for a whole lot of wet blending work.

• Like 1

Yeah, I jack threads a lot so I helped deviate that one from the original KS stuff because they have paint as one of the things you can purchase if you back for a certain amount.  :upside:

• Like 1

Hangar 18 is listed as selling Scale75 paint in the USA.  Hangar 18 is also listed on the Reaper Con vendor page.  Does someone know if these are one in the same?  If so, it might give me a place to get a set for trial after taking my NMM class without having to ship it.  As well as use it in practice that day.

I still intend to do a video comparing Reaper, Vallejo and Scale75 paints soon. Perhaps this weekend if I have the time, so that you guys see how they are.

Me? I really like them.

• Like 2

I don't know that the folks from Hangar18 will be attending ReaperCon, but they may be providing some support.

Hangar 18 is listed as selling Scale75 paint in the USA.  Hangar 18 is also listed on the Reaper Con vendor page.  Does someone know if these are one in the same?  If so, it might give me a place to get a set for trial after taking my NMM class without having to ship it.  As well as use it in practice that day.

Yes they are.

This just occurred to me, but what are people doing when they run out of a color from Scale75? Are you forced to buy another complete set even though you may have plenty of other colors in the set remaining? Seems very wasteful on the budget somehow. To me this might be a hold up on getting some of these.

I don't think I've ever run out of a colour of any paint.  Then again, I don't paint as much as some people do.