Sign in to follow this  
Citrine

Mother and Children (Bones 77087) celebrate Norwegian Constitution day

Hah, great stuff, very interesting take on them! I like the bunad.

You could just give them some Norwegian flag lapel pins :;):

Or something like this if you wanted to: http://www.ingebretsens.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/265x/e5c3f25dbe2a3021345b55270d5894a1/s/m/sm153.jpg

I know we used to use those way back when.

• Like 1

Thanks all, your kind comments made my day  ::):

Araziel, yeah I though of making a flag lapel pin, just didn't think I would be able to make one small enough.  Mom's jewelry ended up being pretty clunky  ::P:

I had forgotten to post the photo of the green stuff mods I did. Someone might find it interesting or useful.post-4115-0-13448900-1393270144_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Looking Fantastic Citrine !

Bunader really reflects the Day !

Thanks for sharing this !

• Like 1

My mom figure would have needed some greenstuff for her jaw, as well, but I just painted some big lips to distract people. Yours look great, and the greenstuff really helps fill in the gaps! Love the dresses and the free hand. These look beautiful!

As for a flag, would it be overly patriotic to just put a flag behind them? Like war banner style?

• Like 1

Great freehand!  Especially those stripped tights- perfect!  I love that you've used your traditions and culture in painting- it makes them very special and unique.  The modifications are excellent!  Are you gifting this mini to any family members? ::):

• Like 1

@Jasonator, thanks! Painting this made me really homesick. Last year I visited for 17th of May, which was really awesome. Alas that is not happening this year.

@Thes Hunter, I thought of having a flag pole behind them, but I decided this way I can use them as townsfolk in rpgs if needed.

@Corporea, I am keeping this one on my shelf :-)

Since the contest due date isn't until March 3rd, I might go back and try to reduce the black around their eyes and add more shading around the noses, to make the faces look better. For some reason I thought the due date was yesterday.

@

I decided to try to improve the eyes, and I think they are slightly less terrible now:

post-4115-0-96584700-1393719860.jpg

post-4115-0-55660400-1393719862.jpg

post-4115-0-32827200-1393719864.jpg

post-4115-0-10242600-1393719866.jpg

• Like 7

Fantastic job, I loved all the detail on the dress and the green stuff "work in progress" shots really show off your sculpting efforts. The base is a nice touch too....

• Like 1