Sign in to follow this  
Teskal

Goblinaid's Judge Gob

Yesterday I found time to paint my first goblin from Goblinaid.

I need to check later how I can make pictures smaller with paint or does anybody know how to make pictures only for viewing in the forum little smaller until someone click on it?

I tried to make NMM Gold the first time, I used Vallejo Heavy Gold Brown and mixed white in it until I had only white.

Judge Gob

(The pictures are really big. To get an idea how it looks on a table, use CTRL and - to make it smaller and CTRL and + to make it big again) :;):

tr8oglxu.jpg

mwwc87pj.jpg

yhb5tm2k.jpg
yoqxx9xf.jpg
ydvjndox.jpg

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 10

One of my favorite goblinaid gobbies ^_^ You did a nice job on him, though you should give him a bloodstained floor, hehe

• Like 1

I really like the gold nmm.

I use Lightroom for cropping and resizing, but previously I've used GIMP (which is freely available).

Edited by CashWiley

Yeah, I need to make a base for him. Little Blood stains are necessary, too. :-)

It was my first try to make NMM. I still need to find a tutorial which uses Vallejo colors or a recipe which I can use instead GW colors if which most tutorials uses...

Just saw I have Gimp not installed, I should install it again.

For Cropping I use only Paint.

Edited by Teskal

Just saw I have Gimp not installed, I should install it again.

For Cropping I use only Paint.

You can do basic resizing in Paint, that's all I use most of the time. For my phone, I just resize everything to 40%.

My biggest problem with resizing is, I do not want it really smaller. For the first view on it would be nice to have it smaller, but the bigger picture helps also to see errors on the mini.

Very often if I see a cool picture in this forum, I want to make it bigger to see more, even if it means I see to much. But it can help other noobies to recognize more of the mini and help with painting them.

The best option would bve to have if 40% smaller in the post and with clicking on it to see the full size.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      I haven't posted much lately.
      Work and life have been busy.

We have been playing Reign of Winter.
      The GM told me there would be some Snow Goblins.
      I thought these Bones Gremlins look a lot like Pathfinder Goblins, so I gave them a wintry paint scheme and some snowy bases.

C&C Welcome

• By JGroeling
      Conversion post w Sculpt WIP
      WIP post. 

This was originally Bones #77202 that I'd ordered a while back and started sculpting on. Had gotten the sculpt finished a couple months ago between other projects, and have slowly been adding paint since. 

He's a bit on the dirty looking sode, which is alright as that's what I was going for. Wanted to give him a trail worn look. Added some more coloration and softened things up more than I had originally planned, but I think it worked out. 

Also, there's a faint detail of blood drops on the front of the base below the Warg's head. As I wanted to add the feeling that they were on the hunt, with the pose and the paint. 

• By GreenBeams
      Hello all! 
      I can't believe that i've missed this forum so far!

My name's Andrew Cothill and i'm trying to learn to sculpt miniatures in 3D (Zbrush). I've been at it for about 9 months now. I don't mind brutal crits so please feel free to tear into it and i'll try to taken them on board for my current WIP =)

Here's the concept i was working from by the super talented Klaher Baklaher

Here's a sketchfab link to the model too. It's heavily decimated to fit on the site
      https://sketchfab.com/models/8d870cf7fd1447759c4322b75c7fc201

Thanks for looking and have a good day!

• By londwch
      Okay so I dug around in the drawer and pulled out six unpainted bones that I got in my batch that I bought.

I gave them all a thorough scrub with a brush and warm soapy water and a toothbrush.  The ogre needed straightening up so I poured hot water over to readjust and then under cold to set.

I attached all six using superglue to fender washer bases.  I got this tip on you tube and have been sticking to it since I started this process.  They are running out so I will look for an alternative afterwards.  But these are good and solid and make a good base.

So now I have to decide which figure to work on....

I have not primed any and up until now I have primed using "151" matt black spray paint.  I did not know exactly what to use so I tried this when I began.   

I did pick up slightly after the photo and start to apply some blue to the Anhurian soldier using the same blue I mixed for a figure I was painting late last night.  But without primer it did not seem to want to settle very well.

The two figures I have seen painted are by Doctor Faust ; the hell hound and the ogre.   

Any comments/suggestions or generally helpful advice is gratefully welcomed.

• By londwch
      Okay gonna have another attempt at posting on here.  This time I think I have found the right forum topic as last time I posted I think I may have put the pic in the wrong topic.  I've tried to get the camera on a steady surface this time and snapped a goblin I just did while listening to my team lose 2-0 - so this kept my mind nicely elsewhere.  I have tried to thin the paint a little this time and add a little highlight.  I'm not too unhappy with this so I've jazzed up the base a little with some welsh slate and quarry dust again.  It's not perfect but it's finished anyway.   
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)