zaphod

Payment methods

7 posts in this topic

I have an interesting situation right now, where someone cannot get Paypal. This is fine, but can you not pay directly with a credit card if you as the buyer don't have a Paypal account? I am pretty sure you can...

How often do folks take alternate methods of pay? Like money orders say, or Western Union?

I accept BidPay, MO, Paypal and Check. Everything but Paypal, I hold for 10-12 business days to clear into my account before I send the item.

I've taken Western Union wire transfers, usually from overseas customers. Works very well and is very safe. I also accept money orders and have never had a problem. These can be used by anyone who cannot or does not want to use one of the online payment options (though since eBay requires a credit card, no user should be unable to).

Personal checks I don't take anymore--there's too much potential for trouble.

In my online business on the few occasions I take orders I accept MO or check, that's it. All of which nothing gets shipped to the customer till they have both cleared the bank. I no longer accept Paypal after getting screwed over by them.

I take paypal, MO or Cashier's checks, Paypal, or Western Union for Overseas. Bilpay tends to be a p.i.t.a, and they take a hunk out of it if you are paying that way.

A good tip to remember also, is that if you go early to most post offices, they will weigh a package for you for free so you know shipping. If you ever have to ship a large amount of minis, this is important. The first time I had to eat 12.00 extra for shipping, I learned my lesson.

Be well,

Adam

I haven't tried escrow but for payment I accept Paypal only and it gets me a few perks from Paypal. Of course, for business reasons I use my Paypal account as a business account (debit card, money market account, etc.) and I've never had any problems. Of course, they take their share of each deposit but then pay me back with cashback bonuses for using their debit card. I tried Money Orders and Cashier's checks but got annoyed with how long it took for people to get the payments too me (I'm a little impatient when it comes to money ::): ). And I find that the customers I have generally pay the same day the auctions end. So that's my two cents. :B):