joshuaslater

Dragon Bait Indie Go Go

Too bad the three I like are all in different packs. Makes the will save a little too easy...

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 1

I like the concepts. The half-orc druid is inspired. I have faith in Kev Adams' sculpting.

But I ain't gonna IndieGoGo. Nuh-uh. I'll wait for retail on these puppies.

• Like 4

Great googley moogily!  It's my friends 1/2 Orc Druid complete with wild boar companion!!!  I want to support this just for that alone!

\

But I ain't gonna IndieGoGo. Nuh-uh. I'll wait for retail on these puppies.

Is INdieGoGo somehow worse/inferior to kickstarter?

Ehhh...  It's not inherently worse, but it depends on which funding option they choose.  Unfortunately, this one went with flexible funding.  That means that even if the Kickstarter isn't successful, they keep your money.  If they'd gone with fixed funding, it would be basically like a Kickstarter, but with lower exposure.

• Like 2

Ehhh...  It's not inherently worse, but it depends on which funding option they choose.  Unfortunately, this one went with flexible funding.  That means that even if the Kickstarter isn't successful, they keep your money.  If they'd gone with fixed funding, it would be basically like a Kickstarter, but with lower exposure.

Seriously?  Thank you for telling me this - I would never, ever back anything under those terms.  I mean that just sounds insane.

• Like 1

Seriously?  Thank you for telling me this - I would never, ever back anything under those terms.  I mean that just sounds insane.

The project owners are still obliged to complete the project if they go for 'flexible' funding...I've backed two which have done so.

The only difference between IGG and KS is that you pay up front for IGG.

• Like 1

I like the look of this project, but with P&P and customs charges I'm only supporting UK/Euro projects these days

The project owners are still obliged to complete the project if they go for 'flexible' funding...I've backed two which have done so.

I had the same experience here. Orcs! only raised a little over half of it's funding, but still managed to have many happy customers. I know I was very satisfied by my Orc Hunting Pack: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/orcs/x/87644

One very big positive to indiegogo projects, is that fulfillment is usually much faster due to the smaller scope. This project seems already well underway, so minis should be ready pretty quickly.

I think I will end up backing. A dozen old school styled minis by Kev Adams for $65 sounds pretty good to me. Although, when I hear Dragonbait, I expect to see this guy:

125828.jpg

• Like 3

These are some lovely pieces, but I share the problem of the pieces I like the most being spread across several packs.  I do wonder if we'll see any fun stretch goals past the first two mentioned.

Ehhh... It's not inherently worse, but it depends on which funding option they choose. Unfortunately, this one went with flexible funding. That means that even if the Kickstarter isn't successful, they keep your money. If they'd gone with fixed funding, it would be basically like a Kickstarter, but with lower exposure.

Seriously? Thank you for telling me this - I would never, ever back anything under those terms. I mean that just sounds insane.

I had the same experience here. Orcs! only raised a little over half of it's funding, but still managed to have many happy customers. I know I was very satisfied by my Orc Hunting Pack: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/orcs/x/87644

One very big positive to indiegogo projects, is that fulfillment is usually much faster due to the smaller scope. This project seems already well underway, so minis should be ready pretty quickly.

I think I will end up backing. A dozen old school styled minis by Kev Adams for $65 sounds pretty good to me. Although, when I hear Dragonbait, I expect to see this guy:

125828.jpg

Thanks for that Suden! :) I was the one behind Orcs! and it does me good hearing people being positive about it!

• Like 1

I love old school miniatures but I won't back flex funding projects on Indigogo.  I hope they get made so I can search them out at a retail level.

• Like 1