Shoshie

Ettin Bones Figure (Comments Welcome!)

Yay, more artists taking up minis!

That figure looks pretty good, although the images are a little small to see clearly.

Your photography is great. That's an excellent image. It's just for the purposes of the board here it's easier to see the details in larger pictures.

I like the harmony of tones in the figure overall. It reminds me a little of Arthur Rackham's work.

Does it help any to click on the photo?  It seems a little bigger in gallery form.

Looks darn good, but would need to see some closer or higher resolution picts to provide constructive critique.

I figured out if you click the picture it goes into gallery form and is a little bigger to look at. :)

Lol  This "new" person reminds me of Drew Barrymore from 50 first dates.  The only difference is that you seemed to learn how to paint and then your memory took a left.  Beautifully done ma'am!

• Like 1

Looks darn good, but would need to see some closer or higher resolution picts to provide constructive critique.

I figured out if you click the picture it goes into gallery form and is a little bigger to look at. :)
I did that earlier and the edges were a tad pixelated (is that a word?).

By the way, welcome to the forum and the hobby. More interpretations of minis enriches our efforts.

Edited by KruleBear

I really like the base, but from the larger CMON image, it looks like there's nothing under his forward foot.  Once he finishes his swing and transfers his weight it looks like he'll fall right off the front.  :poke:   I like that Cuthulu and ghost you have posted as well.

I need to get my ettin painted up so he can chase some PCs around the table. ::):

Excellent work Shoshie!

I have admired your work on Facebook as well.

Good to see you in the Reaper forums.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forums.

Your work is a welcome addition to the pages.

Beautiful work, like your skin tones, balance, and basing.

We all learn from each other around here, and you won't find a better bunch

of like minded folk anywhere else.

Happy Painting !

• Like 1

Very lovely paint job. The only crit i can offer is you need to straighten out the clubs. With bones you give them a quick dip in boiling water and move the part u want to adjust and while holding it in place dip in ice water. This will leave it permanently adjusted. Welocome to the forum