Jasper_the_2nd

Painting Contest - Be a Spaceship Superstar! (ends Sept 7th, 2014)

If I do a squad, and want to also enter the squad leader as a single 'cause he's that bad-arse, would that be cool? ( I'm guessing that this will be a 'no', but it can't hurt to ask, right? )

On that note, how about building a diorama so that the figures involved are removable, and entering them as both dioramas and single figures?

No and no.  Treat the competition as you would an physical one.  The mini can only be on one table for the judges.

• Like 4

I understand the rules regarding nudity, what about (possibly excessive) gore? Is this something that should be linked to?

Regarding chronoscope, is zombie apocalypse stuff sci-fi?

There are no official forum rules on gore. If you are really concerned folks might find it offensive, feel free to send me a link to a pic before posting. Since I tend not to find anything offensive, I'll run it by my wife.  ::D:

Unless something happens between now and the end of the competition :blink: , a Zombie Apocalypse isn't reality, so as long as it is a modern style Zombie Apocalypse I'd consider it Sci-Fi.

• Like 5

Took a few pictures as I was packing up. 

Here are the winged figures I could find, for Darkmeer.

post-8239-0-32814900-1398995258_thumb.jpg

The Koralon are strange aliens that seen to be part human, part insect and part lizard, depending on the unit.

post-8239-0-21762700-1398995249_thumb.jpg

And everyone needs some winged flying armor.

I also wasn't sure if you could see the two boxes in the back from the original pics.  So I took some pics of those, but decided to put my copies of those models in front.

post-8239-0-75270300-1398995239_thumb.jpg

I've always really liked these, but decided not to keep the ones in the boxes.  Considering I primed the ones I have well over a decade ago and still haven't painted them...

If I remember correctly, the body pieces are resin, and the legs and other bits are metal. Feet might be resin as well now that I think about it.

• Like 11

post-6484-0-74287900-1398996994.jpg

Going to go paint now.  I have a pair of squads and a few solos to paint...  All the wings look amazing and wow... just wow.   

The Bipedal robot (Korvus?) is freaking amazing.  I've never seen anything like it. 

The Tiger APC... wow.  This would be fun to do in a "not-mechwarrior" universe.

• Like 5

Took a few pictures as I was packing up. 

Here are the winged figures I could find, for Darkmeer.

attachicon.gifkoralon_flyers.JPG

The Koralon are strange aliens that seen to be part human, part insect and part lizard, depending on the unit.

attachicon.gifarchangels.JPG

And everyone needs some winged flying armor.

I also wasn't sure if you could see the two boxes in the back from the original pics.  So I took some pics of those, but decided to put my copies of those models in front.

attachicon.gifvehicles.JPG

I've always really liked these, but decided not to keep the ones in the boxes.  Considering I primed the ones I have well over a decade ago and still haven't painted them...

If I remember correctly, the body pieces are resin, and the legs and other bits are metal. Feet might be resin as well now that I think about it.

OOOOOOHHHHH!!!!!! I like the Tiger APC!!!!

Must find one...

• Like 3

Darkmeers going to pump out some first place stuff in 24 hours for those. :P I mean his works great as it is :p

• Like 6

Darkmeers going to pump out some first place stuff in 24 hours for those. :P I mean his works great as it is :p

I look to everyone in the WIPs and Show off.  The vast majority of them exceed my skill level by... a lot.  I appreciate the compliment, but I am FAR from great.  I do better at judgement than painting...  Y'know, the lake of fire and such :devil:

I've got some intergalactics set up on their 30mm bases, some greenstuff curing over the integral bases, and...  I'm seriously considering a diorama, which would be a first.

• Like 6

I first started reading this thread because contests are cool.

Then I saw the treasure trove and went  :blink: .

And I don't even (currently) have much use for sci-fi minis!!  :lol:

I wasn't sure I was going to enter, but then I got an IDEA.

It was an idea I had quite some time ago, but abandoned due to my painting skills not being up to it. Now, though, I think I could pull it off. I'll have to practice my straight lines quite a bit, and study circuit boards in-depth. That's all I'm gonna say for now.  :ph34r:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5

I just realized, I have a Ral Partha mech dragon. If I don't paint him for this I deserve to have him bite off my toes!

• Like 6

I'm seriously considering a diorama, which would be a first.

Excellent. I love dioramas...that's why the diorama winner gets to pick first!   ::D:

It's great to see everyone so inspired!

You have no idea how relieved I am.  I was half convinced everyone would just go "Old sci-fi crap...boring."

In which case all these lovely figures would have eventually made it to the trade in table at ReaperCon (I WILL make it down there...eventually).

All this enthusiasm gives me hope that some of these will actually see paint, while I'm sure others will get happy homes in the "must have, might paint" boxes of others.

• Like 3