Doug Sundseth

Virtual Paint Group

First, if this is in the wrong place, I apologize and hope that it will be moved to the right place.

That said, a thread about classes for next Reapercon sparked an idea*. I've been playing RPGs by Google+ hangout and it's been working fairly well.

Would there be any interest in a regular painting session run the same way? FWIW, the live paint group I attend is usually at least as much about hanging out with fun people as it is about actual painting, and I'd be interested in having that sort of experience with some of the people on this forum.

* The idea might not be original, even on this board. If someone else had it first, please don't sue me.  :down:  :;):

• Like 15

I know of another that did that a couple of times, but I was never able to join in. So it's a workable idea.

This intrigues me a bit so long as it is flexible so people can come and go as RL dictates. It would likely appeal to my nieces and nephew and mother as well.

• Like 1

Skype might be fun, too - if someone has a skype prime account, we could daisy-chain calls together and have a big conference call...

Skype might be fun, too - if someone has a skype prime account, we could daisy-chain calls together and have a big conference call...

You don't need Skype Prime to do this anymore. Changed last month.

• Like 4

We were just today talking about that with Dontfear. I am all in, I would rather we use Google Hangout because it can stream to Youtube for saving the video streams, and propose doing this on the weekends so we can have more flexibility on the timing.

I am in a +3 timezone, for more details.

• Like 3

I'd be up for it, but I'm in Hawai'i. and currently 4 hours behind Mountain time, so it may not be plausible for me to commit to any particular time.

Well, if it's a free call, we could just make it really long. Say, 12 hours - and then people can enter/exit as they want. Provided there's enough interest, obvs... An all-day paint chat!

• Like 2

I'm thinking starting at something like 2pm Mountain (2000 GMT currently) on a Saturday and running until it's not fun anymore. I'm booked for the next two Saturdays, though. Perhaps 24 May?

Edit: Anyone local to Denver metro is welcome to come by my place. I have a table big enough for at least 8 painters, and more can be accommodated with folding tables if necessary.

Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 5