Doug Sundseth

Virtual Paint Group

Google Plus is like Facebook for nerd, people who are close friends with nerds, the asocial, and people with a romantic interest in Google (I don't judge.) On the one hand, it's a better platform, more attractively presented, integrated into your gmail account, that can be used, like a Facebook, to log into other websites, and while Google might or might not be aiming to take over everything ever, muahahahaha, they also have really really nice privacy settings. Very intuitive, very reliable.

The above message was brought to you by the American Tongue-in-Cheek (But Only Kinda) Society. Please do not punch the Aard if you are one of the five people who uses GPlus. Hail Google!

• Like 2

Oh god, google+. They've screwed over my separation of personal and professional accounts extremely thoroughly (the youtube integration was the final straw for me) and I haven't bothered to try to straighten them out, I just stopped using most of the google products.

I'm somewhat interested, but it's a non-trivial amount of setup for me.

Would also be cool if paint clubs could have a camera and join (Thrym has one set up for Seneca Falls paint days).

• Like 1

I'd love to participate but Saturday afternoon will be filled this summer.  I'm performing in NOTL from June to October in the Rocky Horror Show.

Between that and my "real" job, my only free day is Sunday.

• Like 2

I can see about that at my next paint day, yeah!

And as far as I'm concerned, I can do this whenever. We don't all have to do it as a block, right? So if Cannuck and some other folks want to do Sunday, I can do that, too. Lord knows I need to spend more time painting...

• Like 3

Yeah, I'm not much worried about when, but the only way to grow a paint group (I'm taking this largely from Heisler, btw, who has done it) is to set a time that you can usually make and stay consistent. I'm not expecting many people to start, but hoping to build a critical mass eventually.

FWIW, I've tried both Skype and Google+ hangouts and had much better luck with voice, image quality, and ease of use with Google+. (Ideological purity doesn't really come into it for me.  ^_^ )

• Like 2

I am in north Denver, and although I play D&D on Saturdays, may 28th is free. 

ill check with the wife but pencil me in for one of the physical chairs. 

• Like 1

Excellent. I'll send out contact information and address when we get closer to the time.

And since you're local, CMPA is meeting down in Lakewood tomorrow:

Dark Matter Games, NE corner of Mississippi and Wadsworth, starting at 11am.

Oh god, google+. They've screwed over my separation of personal and professional accounts extremely thoroughly (the youtube integration was the final straw for me) and I haven't bothered to try to straighten them out, I just stopped using most of the google products.

I'm somewhat interested, but it's a non-trivial amount of setup for me.

Would also be cool if paint clubs could have a camera and join (Thrym has one set up for Seneca Falls paint days).

I would just use my work account as we're all google everything so I don't have a choice to not have a G+ account.

My tablet has a so-so camera so I could use that and place it near my paint area.  Microsoft also makes a really nice webcam for under $30 that has a decent length of USB attached that I also have but is currently packed up somewhere. 

So, Doug, we are talking about the 24th? 

I will set up a new painting area this weekend, and if people is available we can try the platform on the 17th, whoever is available. We can at the very least watch each other paint dry, and talk techniques...

• Like 4

Sounds fun/interesting, I may have join in at some point (but not the 24th as I have a PF game scheduled for all day).

• Like 2

Hey ub3r; we are quite a few timezones apart but I can stay up late Saturday if you want to give it a go on the 17th. Wife says it is ok as long as I finish dinner...

• Like 3

My wife is working double shifts tomorrow so I'll be free after 2pm MST till whenever.  Won't be painting all that time but I can be around for several hours off and on.  Fridays are also something where I have free at least 2x a month.

• Like 1