Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meady

Whats a good army?

12 posts in this topic

:devil: Ok, basically I am wanting to start warlord, and I am not sure what the best army to turn to is.... I am thinking of going wth Orcs, and maybe a Mossbeard treeman as their behemoth.

OR

A Necropolis army of pirates, thinking of something like this:

Kaladrax

Undead pirate crew (4)

Undead Archers (4)

Skeleton warriors (4)

Soul Cannon with gunner

Skeleton Cavalry (2)

Razig, Undead Pirate Captain

Necromancer

The skeleton catapult box set

How does that sound??? :devil:

Ohhhhhhhhh, and forgot to add, when these guys aren't blasting the brains out of each other, I was planing on building an oaken model of a pirate ship to display them on ::D:

I am building an Dunemasters force for myself, and it is pretty much mummies mummies and more mummies. The similar appearence can tie the whole army together, keep the amount of mortals to a minimum. The DHL mummies and tomb guard packs are great, and for giant monsters I plan to use the giant scarabs, or golems, etc.

Plus, there is some very cool terrain bits that can be bought, all the Egyptian themed stuff from Reaper is great. I am sure other folks will do it, but I love the undead.

I am toying with something I posted on a different part of the forums, but doing Desert Elves, alot of conversions and a little bit of a different swing on elves. Lots of browns and tans and yellow warpaint, djinni and giant lizards, and turbans and maybe an elephant with a howdah.

Dunno yet.

I usually pick armies with what I will have the most fun painting, and all of these are a good idea until the Lupines come out with some more models..

mmmmmm 1000 lbs of angry fur with sword..mmmmmm

Cheers,.

Adam

I know I've got an undead army already, and I'll probably be able to field Elves and Dwarves by the time I'm through. A Mummy-themed army is also very easy to paint.

Prime white, Flesh Ink, details, base. Yar.

:scoffs:

Easy if you are inking. Im only going to ink the troops, everything else is getting blended.

Every paint every single wrapping?

I like to show off sometimes. I get a chance to with these.

Cheers,

Adam

Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into your pirates, dosen't sound like you don't need any more. The forest Orc warband sounds cool too.

I don't think there is any one good army that stands out from all the rest. Since the rules are pretty much the same for each figure. It just comes down to the commander and what troop types you take.

Fever, your mummies and my Dwarfs will have to go head to head one of these days. ::P:

Sounds like the Lupines are going to be a popular army or unit to field. I'd field a high elf army if there were more army packs.

Agreed, the violent sand and eternal evil will swallow the souls of your elves.

You shall die parched and windburned, and vultures will eat your bones..

Heh.

Adam

Noot befar ye' tomb is blone to bits te the ground! Signed, the Dwarfs.

I'll at least put a few axes in your mushy mummies ::P:

Are your mummies going to be heavy magic?

They are a like a bandaged fist of doom..

::D:::D:

I have Two spellcasters in the Company, one for healing and one for burning the heck out of whatever gets in my way.

It is pretty balanced overall, but if I am going to go up against mages, i would change to throw a couple of dispels in there.

Adam

:grr:

True true. I expect when the rules come out that fire will affect the mummies and such more than other models. It would make perfect sense. I also expect that they will make ladders so your troops can climb up them so I might pummel them properly.

::D:

All in good fun, someday it would be good to play! Let me know if you are going to any conventions or anything on the east coast, or to Gencon this year, I will try to meet up!

Adam

See, this is the track I took. I couldn't decide between Overlords and Crusaders, so I did them both. I decided to blend only my heros and just use drybrushing on the grunts. The thing is, I also wanted to od a Nefsokar army. So I through out some mummies, hit em with a base/wash and walla! Instant mummies! Skeletons, black primer and Ivory drydrush. Done!

I guess, while I like to show off too, there is a point where it becomes a waste of time to spend three weeks painting skeletons which will die in the first contact with the enemy. That's just my opinion, however. :poke: