TaleSpinner

Cyber Lady

109 posts in this topic

I did a quick mock up of her pose in Poser 10. Sorry that the clothes do not fit quite right; I'm new to Poser and don't normally use clothing. I only added them to ensure that I don't violate board rules. Anyway, here is the pose I intend to sculpt for her

post-140-0-89010400-1400114322_thumb.jpg post-140-0-44049300-1400114323_thumb.jpg

post-140-0-43113900-1400114320_thumb.jpg post-140-0-27601800-1400114322_thumb.jpg

Have a good night,

Andy

Edited by cutebutpsycho
17 people like this

I should have an armature this weekend after I finish my current sculpt.

8 people like this

This is going to be epic.

4 people like this

I'm a very part time sculptor, having a full job and teen boys. I can usually only sculpt for about 1 to 2 hours a day, 5 days a week, unless there is an urgent need (like doing the furniture for KS II last Fall; that was intense).

Andy

9 people like this

Ahhh. I see. So you need to quit your day job and go into making awesome figures full time then, because that way would never lead to burnout.  :;):

10 people like this

Ahhh. I see. So you need to quit your day job and go into making awesome figures full time then, because that way would never lead to burnout.  :;):

I approve of this message.

4 people like this

Well, we'd have to convince MrsSpinner of that concept. :lol:

Truth be told, my plan is to keep sculpting, get better, keep learning and networking with an eye toward making this a retirement career once my kids get out of school.

As for my day job, I have a great one at a great company. Not something I'll be willing to walk away from for quite sometime yet.

14 people like this

...I still love those red caps.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this project come together, Andy. Your sculpture WiPs are always a pleasure.

4 people like this

Armature:

Front:

post-140-0-03483100-1400719039.jpg

Side:

post-140-0-80816100-1400719039.jpg

Rear:

post-140-0-45565700-1400719039.jpg

Obviously, I'm going with a headless armature. The last three women I sculpted I ended up removing the head and sculpting it off armature.  I'm just skipping straight to doing it that way this time, without the middle step of trying to sculpt it on her, getting frustrated, and cutting it off in a fit of anger.

Funny note on this armature, after I assembled it, I tried to pose it from memory.  I took the pictures, but as I was processing them, something about it was bugging me.  I called up the Poser reference and realized that I had bent her spine side-to-side in the OPPOSITE direction it needed to go.  :blush:  Um...oops.  I went back and fixed it and got her right now.  This is why I always make sure to double check my armatures.  ALWAYS.  I also remeasured everything to ensure that I got her proportions right.  She'll be about 25mm to the top of her head or about 5 feet tall when compared to 6 foot mini scaled to about 30 mm, which satisfies the fluff for her.  I have to say though, after having just finished the Visitation at 54 mm, she seems very small to me, but not as small as the otter and other animals I just did during ReaperCon.

I also coated the spine with Brown stuff to add strength.

Have a good night.

Andy

10 people like this

Thanks guys, but I'm wondering how the heads come apart from the bodies.

forumfriendly_leibo_by_girot-d7j9c2h.jpg

15 people like this

For those models fo space marine, The body is in 2 parts (front/back) with a socket/divot where the head would go and the head has a ball/protrusion that sits inside the body. This allows the head to be turned left or right and even gives some verticle movement so each marine can look slightly different. Somewhere I have some spare parts, I'll try to find them if you would like a picture.

Edited by fishnjeeps
2 people like this

OK, no, that won't be happening here. My intention was to attach the sculpted bare head to the body, then sculpt the trapezius and neck muscles, then add the power armor to head and neck. Sculpting them separately really doesn't work well. Most figures you get in multiple parts were sculpted as one and then cut apart and engineered in the casting process,

Edited by cutebutpsycho
3 people like this

It is not as much as it sounds.  I'm a very part time sculptor, having a full job and teen boys.  I can usually only sculpt for about 1 to 2 hours a day, 5 days a week, unless there is an urgent need (like doing the furniture for KS II last Fall; that was intense).

Andy

I ordered the dungeon decor set.  Really looking forward to outfitting my HirstArts terrain with them.  

7 people like this