TaleSpinner

Cyber Lady

Legs are done!

post-140-0-38106900-1404962481.jpg post-140-0-74124200-1404962481.jpg

post-140-0-12339000-1404962482.jpg post-140-0-48496400-1404962482.jpg

Note that none of the art show what the back of her legs look like, so I extrapolated from what I could see and added my own touch to them.

I have her face done, and now need to start on the head armor and visor.  I should have something more to post on that later in the week.

Andy

• Like 15

Awesome!  Very nice legs!  The feet look a little short for a booted storm trooper type, unless that's just the photo angle.

Awesome!  Very nice legs!  The feet look a little short for a booted storm trooper type, unless that's just the photo angle.

Good point; it is possible they are a bit small.  I've been going with the fact that she is supposed to be very petite.  Once I have her head on and such, I'll look at the feet critically again.  It is really easy to extend the existing boot tips.

• Like 2

:grr:  :grr:  :grr:  :grr:  :grr:  :grr:

My blood pressure just went through the roof.  I spent the last two sculpting sessions doing her head.  It was great.  First I did her face, which turned out excellent on the first go. Then, yesterday I sculpted the rest of her head details and armor.  Today, I went to install the head on her body and my stomach fell.  The head is just slightly too big.  :down:   I checked the size and sure enough it is almost 5 mm from chin to crown.  It should be 4 mm.  It would be a good size for a 28 to 30 mm mini.

This was a total rookie mistake.  I'd gotten so into sculpting the face that I forgot to check the measurements when I first shaped the head.  So two sculpting sessions wasted in a summer I can't afford to waste any sessions.  I'm totally bummed right now.  Only thing to do is start the head over again and remember to measure it this time.  :unsure:

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 6

Hang in there bro!  Legs look amazing btw.  I agree on bulking up the feet a bit though.  Though the concept art has no stompy boots I think they would look great!

• Like 1

Oooof! That's a gut punch for sure. What we've seen is looking great, though, so keep on keeping on. What are the chances you can use the head you've sculpted for another project? It'd be a shame to see it go to waste.

• Like 4

Yeah, keep the head! And now I am sure Head v2 will be even more perfect and awesome!

Edit: If you don't mind the comment, I find her crotch area disturbing. Don't know why. Like... assymetric, like a hole there... it is difficult to comment on such an area without sounding gross...

Edited by Willen
  • Like 4

Yeah, keep the head! And now I am sure Head v2 will be even more perfect and awesome!

Edit: If you don't mind the comment, I find her crotch area disturbing. Don't know why. Like... assymetric, like a hole there... it is difficult to comment on such an area without sounding gross...

Wow, now that you mention it... If you go back to the reference art there is a portion of fabric missing from the crotch.  I think perhaps that was meant to get added when the torso gets sculpted?  Based on how the different textures are layered that makes the most sense.

• Like 1

Crotch gets sculpted with the lower torso, so I haven't done anything there yet. I have to finish the head first so I can put it on and then sculpt the remainder of the muscles of the torso.  After that, I'll be dressing her torso. :)

I think the head is too specific to this character to be reused, but that is OK, I never throw my mistakes away.  They go into a baggie of shame to referenced later.

• Like 5

exactly!  I have a little lunch box I keep my original painted minis in for that purpose.  it's handy being able to see where I goofed in the past so I don't remake those mistakes.  ::D:

• Like 3

After struggling with it a few more times this weekend, I cleared my head, sat down, and sculpted a great face.  :bday:  This one is 3.5 mm without the crown of the head (which I'll add tomorrow as I detail her head gear).  That will put her at around 6.5 to 7 heads tall when all is said and done.  No pictures; I'm too tired and am going to bed right now. I'll try to have pictures tomorrow night.

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 11