TaleSpinner

Cyber Lady

SUPER LIKE! You're a champ. I dunno about that head being useless, have you seen the trade in alternate heads? Just add a torso with boobies that fits into a GW Imp Guard or SM, and watch the money roll in, it's GUARANTEED* TO MAKE YOU RICH.

*Not a guarantee.

• Like 6

Maybe I'll just put out a "Free Heads" bin at the the next ReaperCon.  :rolleyes:  I have 4 or five left over from the Visitation as well.

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 8

free heads!!!!  ::D:  This lady is so tiny!  Amazing work- I can't imagine sculpting something that size!

• Like 3

This lady is so tiny!  Amazing work- I can't imagine sculpting something that size!

Neither can I..oh wait.  :wacko:

Truth be told, about a day after I finish something, I go back and look at what I did without the magnifiers and think, "How the hell did i do that?"   :lol:

• Like 9

Got her head done just now (mostly, still have some fine details to sculpt later).  Turned out better than the first one too.  I was able to do a better mouth on this one and the shape of her alien head is better this time, less human. If my kids give me the time, I'll take pictures tonight.

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 8

We'll get there when we get there!

We're there:

post-140-0-09697400-1405425648.jpg post-140-0-58988100-1405425648.jpg

post-140-0-99431100-1405425648.jpg

Her head still looks a bit large, but it isn't; it's an optical illusion because she has no neck or shoulders.  It will look good once those are sculpted.

Her visor here is only underpinned.  It has a fairly complex set of cut outs in it.  To do that, I will plane this flat with my scalpel, then put a thin layer of putty over the top of it, let it cure, then cut out the shapes and peel them off. that should give me nice sharp edges.

As you can see, I went for a little more rounded face than is in the concept art.  According to the character fluff, she is racially a Hispanic/Korean mix in her features. The client specifically didn't want the sharp anime style of the concept.

Andy

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 14

*high pitched weird voice* "I've got a spindly arms and a skinny neck! Believe your parents kids! Eats your vegetables!"

:lol:

She's looking awesome ^_^

• Like 6

Andy, you are proving you are a rockstar (or is that sculptingstar) after seeing what you are able to accomplish!

• Like 1

Andy, you are proving you are a rockstar (or is that sculptingstar) after seeing what you are able to accomplish!

:blush:

Maybe I'm just good at faking it.

• Like 3