Hellcow

So What RPGs are YOU playing/running right now?

Just like the title says - what are you playing and/or running for your RPG friends right now?  Give us details!

For myself I am currently only running one RPG - D&D 4E that started in Eberron and has now landed itself in a homebrew-Dark Sun world (if you've read the outstanding trade Planet Hulk it is basically Sakaar but with more elves - seriously 80% the freaking party are elves or half elves!).  I am planning on the PCs spending a good amount of time here before they find a way off of Athas/Sakaar - and onto Mystara!  This will be a whirlwind tour of some of my favourite campaign worlds with a over-arching, pan dimensional BBEG behind it all.

I was playing in a very spotty Basic RPG (it is based off of the original Holmes/Moldvay boxed sets) that while I loved the DM and the story driven game he was trying to build the 3 other players really weren't on board with the whole thing and tried multiple times to strong arm the DM into giving them all sorts of ridiculous perks and powers.  The DM mostly said no but caved on a few key points (allowing Druids, Paladins and Nercomancers into a 'basic' fantasy game was NOT a good idea) and spent most of the time scrambling to keep up to them.  I was playing a half drunk halfling thief (yeah - like I said BASIC fantasy) and was honestly expecting the others to be similar bent.  Added to the schedule change after 2 sessions and I just couldn't come out anymore. ::(:

I am hoping to start a second RPG but this time with an old favourite of a lot of my gaming group - Warhammer FRP!  I'll be using first edition as I am a luddite and 1st ed was perfect on its own ^_^

• Like 6

I've been doing a monthly (sort of . . . ) 4e Goblins of Eberron with Qwyk. But now I'm moving to Texas and we haven't exactly figured out how we're going to do this online.

I've also been playing occasionally in a Mutants and Masterminds Golden Age game. I used to run that monthly, then I lost control of my schedule and it carried on without me. I've been dropping in a couple times a year on that one.

Soon I'll leave near a bunch of gamers and I'll finagle my way into something . . .

PS

• Like 5

I'm fulfilling a dream of running a game of Savage Worlds taking place in the Chronopia setting.  First session was last night.

• Like 7

Playing in two campaigns:

D&D 4E - A group of 8 are attempting to find some noble's son. Drow monk who has converted to a disciple of Avandra. Not much roleplaying for my character yet, since he is not quick to trust and just going along with the group. Unknowningly to me, I gave him the age of 30 and that turns out to be quite young for an Elf. Since his intelligent score is 8, I'm playing him as a young one who is fascinated by human culture (despite being disliked by them).

Traveler - 5 of us, maybe 6 in the near future. We have incurred a debt by purchasing a ship and we are now in discussion and planning to repay said debt. Spent 4 hours creating our characters and 1 hour roleplaying the purchase of said ship. My character is a broker and ended up being an archaeologist in the end.

• Like 6

Playing Iron Kingdoms, my brother is (once again) trying to run the classic Witchfire Trilogy that started it all - converted from D&D3E to the "new" system.

• Like 5

It's been a struggle to get the gang together, but we are kinda playing Dungeon World (me GMing), and my wife has mastered a session of SW Edge of the Empire, that I hope at least gets a sequel.

Not enough RPG action lately :(

• Like 4

Playing only right now - Pathfinder, level 13 in which my PC just bit the dust (sad me), now I'm creating a new character, but we are also looking to add one more person to the group. If we add the new guy we'll start a new lower level campaign until he's up to speed and go back up to the higher level game.

• Like 3

I am currently running a weekly DnD 4E game set in a homebrew setting. I also in some monthly games: Pathfinder, World of Darkness, WoD Vampire the Requiem, and WoD Mirrors.

• Like 3

Our 5e group broke up so it's looking like "Papers & Paychecks" for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 4

Our 5e group broke up so it's looking like "Papers & Paychecks" for the foreseeable future. 

Sympathy like Inarah.

• Like 2

Nissiana is currently running our second "season" of Dragonlance Chronicles, and I just wrapped up the most recent chapter of my Eberron campaign. Both are run in D&D 3.5.

We alternate, about six months of my campaign and about six months of hers. Our group has been meeting almost weekly for nearly four years...for those of you lamenting the lack of a regular game, you have my utmost sympathy. Nissiana and I spent a good three years in perpetual LFG, finally got a few people together but only really managed once a month or less for a while, before ultimately getting the current group. So we know the pain, even as we count our lucky stars.

The DL campaign is being run with non-canonical characters, and the party is about two days outside Pax Tharkas, hoping to lead 800 refugees to safety. Party is 7th level and loving it.

Eberron is currently at...13th? Level...I think that's where we'll pick up in a few months. They just made friends with a dragon and are about to find out what happens when the Gatekeeper Druids fail. It'll be fun.

• Like 4

I've been running a generic fantasy Savage Worlds game, but that's on hiatus due to TDYs and deployments.  I'm thinking about running a game of Paranoia in the meantime.  I recently got the 2e rules on eBay.

• Like 4

I'm a BECMI/RC D&D guy, but didn't have a group for a while so I had been playing through the various B and X series modules solo.  Luckily I found a group to play AD&D 2ed with so we've been playing weekly now.  Lots of fun, but, having not played much AD&D, I didn't realize how much more detail the rules go into than B/X.  I guess that's why it's called ADVANCED D&D  ^_^

Hellcow - I played BFRPG a while back with my kids for a few sessions.  It was a neat mix of old and new D&D.  It was fun, but nothing beats Basic D&D for me.

• Like 4