Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jenova

Rant: People who don't leave feedback

38 posts in this topic

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that feedback is voluntary, but I still get annoyed when people don't leave it.

I can understand that sellers want to wait until the buyers have left feedback, but I can't really understand why people don't bother to leave feedback at all.

I usually always leave feedback for both buyers and sellers. If my buyer looks like the sensible kind, I leave feedback for them as soon as I've recieved the money.

Leaving feedback doesn't take a lot of time.....

I hear you! I sold my Elric Stronghart (no names) to someone who has admired that mini since I painted it years ago. Considering this was one of my first Ebay sales, I woul dhave really liked a feedback from this person. I left feedback for the prompt payment right away, and after correspondance, I know the person was very happy with the figure.... I am sorry, but this is just lame IMO!

With a feedback rating of nearly 800, I can say that I get about a 50% feedback rate. About half of my transactions result in feedback.

One would think that this means about half the time people simply forget to leave feedback for me, or that most people leave feedback on half their transactions.

My research leads me to believe otherwise. I have found that there are 2 types of people on ebay, and they seem to be in relatively equal amounts - Those who almost always leave feedback on every transaction, and those who almost never leave feedback on any transaction.

So if you didn't get feedback from someone, most likely they are the type of person who just never leaves feedback, not that they just forgot for you.

It also sucks, if you are a new seller and your are trying to build a little feedback by buying stuff :angry:

and those who almost never leave feedback on any transaction.

We don't like you people, no we don't :angry:

Can you tell that this bothers me? ::P:

Nasssssty Ebayissstsss.... We hatesssss them we do...

Yeah, it can be frustrating. Luckily for me, I had a ton of used CDs to sell, and managed to get my feedback rating up above 20 from selling a few dozen of those, plus buying a few of the paperback D&D reference books.

Nasssssty Ebayissstsss.... We hatesssss them we do...

:nodnodnod:

I am in agreeance there.

I always leave feedback, and when I ship the mini I handwrite a thank you note for every customer, and I encourage them to leave feedback if they liked the work. That usually works.

Most people forget though..

Adam

One thing I used to do was send out a shipping email, including the line "Let me know when you get it, I like to leave feedback when I know you are happy."

It worked wonders, got my feedback rate up to almost 80% of my transactions (when I used it). If people are reminded of it they will be more likely to leave it and if they know you will leave it for them, they are more likely to leave it for you.

The annoying thing is buying something and not getting feedback, even if you leave it for them...

Sometimes I don't leave feedback if it wasn't going to be good anyway. That's my hint to the other person, without risking a retaliatory neg.

I know why they did it, but I hate the policy that doesn't count repeat buyer's/seller's additional feedback. It's an old one, but I was there when they instituted it and it chaps my @%% to this day. Alot of us know to look at the feedback page for a real idea of the ebayer, but way too many don't bother and base on just the number.

Maybe they should do a split display like 39/58 the first being w/o repeats, the second being with? Personally I'm more impressed with the seller that has alot of repeat customers.

Negatives are a tricky thing. Leave a negative, and there is a fair chance you'll get one back yourself, just cause the other person is mad.

I have to say that for serious situation - like the person never paid, or never mailed you your stuff, it is imperitve to leave negative feedback. If you don't, you're only helping them screw the next guy. Chances are you aren't his first or last, and it sure would've been nice if someone before you had done it, so you knew to stear clear of them (don't bid on their stuff & cancel their bids on your stuff).

I've found that as long as the Negative feedback I leave against others (13 total so far) is purely calm & factual, I haven't had a problem (my 1 and only negative was retalitaory, from my first bad transaction). Don't put anything emotional in the feedback like "This person is a loser" or "Bad ebayer". Just simply state "Item never recieved. Seller never replied to emails." or "Buyer never sent payment". Calm & factual = less chance for retailiation.

When I receive an item, I always e-mail the seller and inform them that I received the item and left them feedback. This will usually prompt them to leave feedback in return, if they haven't done so already. Most sellers I've dealt with leave feedback as soon as they get my payment. Some leave it after I leave mine, and a few never do.

I'm funny about when I leave feedback. To me it is something to be left once I am sure that the buyer has recieved the item and/or any problems have been taken care of.

If a buyer recieves something damaged, the transaction is not complete, to me anyway. The one time I have had this happen, I offered to pay for the item to be sent back to me, repaired, retouched, and sent back to the buyer, or at least send them a bit of the paints that are around the area that snapped. All of the first option would have cost as much as the final bid, but to me it is a part of my work ethic, I messed up when I packed it, and they wanted the mini, not an insurance claim. *shrugs*

Anyway, point being, until we had this taken care of, the transaction was not complete. I left positive feedback, they opted to fix it themselves and left positive in return.

As a seller I try not to wait until I get feedback, it happens in the case of buyers who don't let me know the item got to them other than by leaving feedback.

So, there;s my screwy method. :wacko::lol:::):

As a seller I will leave feedback as soon as I have received payment. In my mind that is what makes a buyer a good buyer......prompt payment. As a buyer I will leave payment as soon as I receive the item. Same theory applied as above. Seems to work well for me.

Hey, you got my money, what else do you want??!! ::P:

( no , no one on here. I rarely buy anything from E-bay)