Thrym

Department of Acquisitions

14992 posts in this topic

To be honest, I've long been puzzled about whether a die roll of "0, 00" is 100 or 0 as well. I've just been too embarrassed to actually ask anyone.  :unsure:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

The answer is in your base rulebook, or it should be. Somewhere in that book, right about where it defines the abbreviation "D%",  it ought to say: "percentile dice are 1-100" or "percentile dice are "0-99".

In my gaming groups we've always treated "0" on the dice face to be 10... ie 1-10 (but only when "00" is rolled on the other dice).  That makes "0" "00" = 100.

Different groups might do it differently....

ED: in the single case of when we roll "0" & "00"... not for any other case....

Edited by kay13
2 people like this

To be honest, I've long been puzzled about whether a die roll of "0, 00" is 100 or 0 as well. I've just been too embarrassed to actually ask anyone.  :unsure:

Huzzah!

The answer is in your base rulebook, or it should be. Somewhere in that book, right about where it defines the abbreviation "D%",  it ought to say: "percentile dice are 1-100" or "percentile dice are "0-99".

In my gaming groups we've always treated "0" on the dice face to be 10... ie 1-10.  That makes "0" "00" = 100.

Interesting.

So if they roll up "0" and "90" (10 and 90) what do you read that as?

Huzzah!

In my gaming groups we've always treated "0" on the dice face to be 10... ie 1-10.  That makes "0" "00" = 100.

Interesting.

Ops said round wrong way... in the single case of "00" & "0" being rolled at the same time this is treated as 100

when "0" "00" is rolled = 100

when "1" "00" is rolled = 001

"0" "90" = 90....

"1" "10" = 11

etc....

1 person likes this

Huzzah!

Interesting.

Ops said round wrong way... in the single case of "00" & "0" being rolled at the same time this is treated as 100

when "0" "00" is rolled = 100

when "1" "00" is rolled = 001

"0" "90" = 90....

"1" "10" = 11

etc....

This is how we have always done it.

1 person likes this

Due to some unfortunate turn of events (that turned out to be quite fortunate in the end) I now own 3x Raphael #1, 3x Raphael #0 and 1x Raphael #3/0. 

Basically, this Field Trooper kept buying the dmnn brushes because they failed to show up, and then got them ALL  :devil:

And I am loving them. TBH, since I tried them I haven't used the fancy W&N S7; I just love the snap on the Raphs!

It is a case of France beating England? I don't know.  :blues:

Addendum: I also acquired a Raphael 2/0 brush, which arrived just after the nick of time (the day that we moved), and had to chase me over to Washington. It's still all wrapped up, since I can't do anything with it until after I've unearthed the boxes that have my minis and painting stuff.  :down:

Huzzah!
4 people like this

Due to some unfortunate turn of events (that turned out to be quite fortunate in the end) I now own 3x Raphael #1, 3x Raphael #0 and 1x Raphael #3/0. 

Basically, this Field Trooper kept buying the dmnn brushes because they failed to show up, and then got them ALL  :devil:

And I am loving them. TBH, since I tried them I haven't used the fancy W&N S7; I just love the snap on the Raphs!

It is a case of France beating England? I don't know.  :blues:

Addendum: I also acquired a Raphael 2/0 brush, which arrived just after the nick of time (the day that we moved), and had to chase me over to Washington. It's still all wrapped up, since I can't do anything with it until after I've unearthed the boxes that have my minis and painting stuff.  :down:

Huzzah!

I like the feel of Raphaels a lot. I just find that they wear out on me pretty quickly.

2 people like this

Shhh don't scare me  :down:

I am properly cleaning them and giving them extra love and...  :down:

5 people like this

Zorro: Check.

VanHelsing, Scurvy Dog, Graveyard Vignette Base: Check.

Today should see the delivery of my Spaceship Superstar minis, and hopefully the base they'll be going on.

3 people like this

I had a nightmare last night that my winsor and newton size 1 bristles all fell out.

My size 3 has bristles falling out of it slowly for some reason already, so it's my worst nightmare for this to happen to my 1.

SCORE! Got a Galleon for 50% off, just because the box was severely damaged. The colossal is intact, however.

3 people like this

SCORE! Got a Galleon for 50% off, just because the box was severely damaged. The colossal is intact, however.

Pictures!

2 people like this

I already ditched the box!

You'll see pictures when I enter it in the Year of the Giants! And Probably in my WIP thread!

Why am I shouting!?!

5 people like this

You'll see pictures when I enter it in the Year of the Giants! And Probably in my WIP thread!

Why am I shouting!?!

WHAT?!

FINE!

BECAUSE I STARTED IT?!

4 people like this

Why am I shouting!?!

WHAT?!

FINE!

BECAUSE I STARTED IT?!

That escalated quickly.

4 people like this

That escalated quickly.

I have no defense, it's true your honor.

3 people like this