Thrym

Department of Acquisitions

15 minutes ago, vegascat said:

The only bonus to having a slipped disk is that I'm forced to do things on my phone, like taking pictures and trying to update threads :)  Here's the things that I got back in February in my trip to Japan.  The two small tubes are epoxy, feel free to ask about any of the other things.

What store did you get the diorama packages? Since we visit every other year, might try to stop in and see that place. 

• Like 1

its Sakatsu (sakatsu.jp) and very close to the train station (maybe a 8 minute walk).  Its a small store with a lot of great stuff in it.  

• Like 1

Black Tree is having a 28Hour long 20% off sale on Dr. Who minis... 

(Heading over now to pick a few minis I'm missing or want duplicates of)

They also have a few goodies in their Clearance section...  

(A nice Lamia among other things)

• Like 5

Recently received/acquired:

Bones III kickstarter order - quite a few giants, no core, paints, weapons, cemetery fences, and goremaw

Black Sun Miniatures 75mm Barbarian Male on Warcat "Rozok the Beastmaster" (was pre-ordered) - of course I ordered a BIG barbarian!

19390613_1248400198622401_91716095242629

Green Monkey Models - Nosferatu Bust will allow me to test out some new undead skin tones I've been wanting to try, plus he's just super cool and creepy!

19243419_1248400201955734_14830866001511

White Wolf Miniatures - Sana female samurai (can't remember if I posted this one before or not, but I'm going to paint her up to look like a Sith Lord).

18359440_1208830669246021_78370437235207

• Like 11

Picked up this resin model pretty cheap. Took awhile to get here but worth the wait. This one will be started soon as I finish my dragon. I'll do a WIP on these forums when I start.

s-l500.jpg

19369007_1726470627380753_334101624_o (1).jpg

• Like 8

On 6/17/2017 at 2:28 PM, Mehman said:

Acquired my rulebook for Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition from the game store. It seems I also ordered my birthday present(s) from my mother last night. Again, like last time, these are all Games Workshop products so not as exciting as Reaper stuff but we all must make do somehow in life.

1x Index Book Collection - all five Indices for Warhammer 40,000

1x Adeptus Mechanicus Tech-Priest Dominus

1x Exalted Hero of Chaos - the old Wulfrik model

1x Corpse Cart

1x Assassin

The last three models are for Age of Sigmar and will be heavily converted. I really need to make a thread for that.

Right then, the package arrived! Well, it arrived on the neighbors' doorstep in our duplex but Mrs Meh retrieved it because she's awesome and I have mobility issues. You would think the delivery person could tell the difference between the first house and second house as there are huge numbers bolted outside on the brick beside the doors but whatever. An email to FedEx should clear it up for next time - not a complaint email, mind you, but a "hey, we're over here!" email.

There's nothing like new or old book smell. These just happen to be new books. Mmm ^_^.

• Like 6

I saw the Eberron campaign setting and player's guide up for a decent price and picked them up.  I am only lacking the Neverwinter setting from the 4E lineup, but I'm not sure if I want it or not.  I played the Neverwinter games, and they were fun at the time, but I don't have any kind of nostalgia that would push me towards a tabletop purchase.

17 hours ago, Tjrez said:

Picked up this resin model pretty cheap. Took awhile to get here but worth the wait. This one will be started soon as I finish my dragon. I'll do a WIP on these forums when I start.

s-l500.jpg

19369007_1726470627380753_334101624_o (1).jpg

I have Nokjagerin in metal, but have yet to get around to her.  Pegaso has a lot of nice models, though now that I think about it, very few in resin.  Did that mini ship from China/HK?  Not judging or anything, just curious.

• Like 3

On 6/20/2017 at 2:07 PM, ub3r_n3rd said:

Recently received/acquired:

Bones III kickstarter order - quite a few giants, no core, paints, weapons, cemetery fences, and goremaw

Black Sun Miniatures 75mm Barbarian Male on Warcat "Rozok the Beastmaster" (was pre-ordered) - of course I ordered a BIG barbarian!

19390613_1248400198622401_91716095242629

So is that cat gonna be green & orange? ::D: 

(first thing I thought off when I seen the belts across the barb's chest.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, haldir said:

So is that cat gonna be green & orange? ::D: 

(first thing I thought off when I seen the belts across the barb's chest.

Hmm maybe... ::P:

• Like 4

I decided to throw some money at Rosemary and Co a couple weeks ago. They just came in yesterday. I got a series 66 size 0 filbert, series 56 size 0 short flat, three series 33 size 0, and a series 33 size 1. I'm gonna give the flat and the filbert a shot for dry brushing rather than using an old size 0 round.

I also got two new memory foam pillows, one contour and one body pillow, to replace my old ones and see if it helps my sleep any. I'm hoping they do.

• Like 6

June Reaper order in just now:

02050: Tristan Loremistress $4.99 x1
50235: Edna, Crazy Cat Lady $7.99 x1
77242: Skeleton Warrior Sword (3) $5.99 x1
77249: Large Barrel Small Barrel $2.29 x1
14530: Darkspawn Standard Bearer $8.99 x1
09064: Brown Liner $3.29 x1
77248: Crates (Large and Small)(2) $2.79 x1
89030: Hellknight Order of the Nail $2.99 x1
09429: Rich Leather $3.29 x1
09424: Runic Purple $3.29 x1

Happy 25th Anniversary! Your order has received 1x Tristan Loremistress

Most of that order will be for pieces & bits, & of course for ReaperCon. Hopefully I'm done buying tiny miniature cats now..........:wacko:

• Like 8

Got a bunch of new 40K Indexes (Chaos, Xenos 1 and Marines), the main book in enhanced ebook format (love these!) and the Xenos FW book.  Should almost set me up with all the necessary to play again.  

Also acquired a new vanity/sink/tap/etc for the powder room I gutted last weekend. 

• Like 2

Got a bunch of 'Woodland Warriors' 20mm scale minis from Splintered Light;

Faithful Heroes # 1 - 4, 

Rebel Heroes #1 - 2, 

Each pack contains 5 minis, so 20 in total...

I also got two books today;

Doctor Who Character Encyclopedia 'with all 11 doctors and more than 200 friends and foes'

Doctor Who The Dangerous Book of Monsters, 'the Doctor's OFFICIAL Guide'

The last one was kind of a letdown, really. 

And even the first could do with a bit of an expansion. 

• Like 3