Thrym

Department of Acquisitions

7 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

I'm going to ready my Wolves, you ready the Iron Warriors, and we'll exchange smack talk and never actually play because that's how I roll!

@David Brawley

I will send the Haministergor's minions to take you puppies skulls and blood! !!

and calmly shoot down anything that he leaves behind....

Think you might have time for a game after hours in October?

Can bring the troops...

• Like 3

I found me a bottle of Dragon Sauce.

09876a9f-cf44-47f0-bca8-a0af283b7cb8_1.629404706100002b4830f38013d5d271.jpeg.8c15a4da1deee17e4e33c14153cbcafe.jpeg I thought they quit making the stuff! They made Dragon Sauce and Tiger Sauce, and then one day, allovasudden, it was just Tiger Sauce. None of the local grocers carried Dragon Sauce any more. And then, I find it at the little indy meat market down the street... fifteen years later!

Still vurra tasty stuff!

• Like 4

On 25-6-2017 at 6:06 PM, Reaperbryan said:

I'm going to ready my Wolves, you ready the Iron Warriors, and we'll exchange smack talk and never actually play because that's how I roll!

I'm Ready!!!!

• Like 5

On 6/25/2017 at 0:06 PM, Reaperbryan said:

I think that's how most wargamers roll.

I've got 2 and 3/4 armies(1 undead, 1 elves, 1/4 orcs, 1/4 dwarves, 1/4 abyss) for Kings of War, and I've played twice in the last 2 years or so.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Unruly said:

I think that's how most wargamers roll.

I've got 2 and 3/4 armies(1 undead, 1 elves, 1/4 orcs, 1/4 dwarves, 1/4 abyss) for Kings of War, and I've played twice in the last 2 years or so.

This is one of the reasons I really like skirmish games. 5-12 minis and your good to go.

• Like 4

And I'm back.  Order placed at Noble Knight.

More musicians, more rodents (with some overlap!), and a few bits of silliness...

Joccian Pipe Band (Alternative Armies) - Rats with bagpipes. 'Nuff said.
Clurch Piper, Dragon Piper, Dwarf Bard, Pied Piper (WizKids) - random cheap musicians to repaint.
Dahlia & Skarath (Privateer Press) - 'nother musician, plus the wyrm looks like it'll be fun.
Mousling Tavern (Reaper) - two more musical rodents.  the rest might get traded off, though.
Frog Minstrel (Dark Sword Miniatures) - musical frog. ribbit.
Malfesknekor, Technocat, Imaginary Friend (WizKids) - fun things to repaint. goblin-kitty, robo-kitty, walking blob.
Maul Rat (Wizards of the Coast) - TEEETH!

Heh.

• Like 5

Lotsa goodies in the mail today!

Reaper: June order

02050: Tristan Loremistress
50235: Edna, Crazy Cat Lady
77242: Skeleton Warrior Sword (3)
77249: Large Barrel   Small Barrel
14530: Darkspawn Standard Bearer
09064: Brown Liner
77248: Crates (Large and Small)(2)

89030: Hellknight Order of the Nail
09429: Rich Leather 
09424: Runic Purple 
Happy 25th Anniversary!  Your order has received 1x Tristan Loremistress

Hexxy  (Poland) (11 days shipping)

HQ Resins:

Dragon skull. Very nice resin casting. Also, I'll order from Hexxy again, time between ordering & receiving was minimal. Heck I think, my monthly Adventure Path from Paizo takes longer to get here then this did. :lol:

FRP Games, slightly delayed due to a out of stock item but nothing I was worried about.

4Ground items

[FGRMT-102] Miniature Accessories: 200ml PVA Glue
[FGR28S-FAB-032M] 28mm Furniture: Medium Wood Straight Counter 
[FGR28S-FAB-023M] 28mm Furniture: Medium Wood Chest of Drawers (B) 
[FGR28S-FAB-018M] 28mm Furniture: Medium Wood Side Board
[FGR28S-FAB-002M] 28mm Furniture: Medium Wood Large Bookshelf 
[FGR28-CAW-302] 28mm Terrain: General Purpose Wagon

• Like 4

So, from Chaosium, I've got a new copy of the "Two-Headed Serpent" campaign, and from Noble Knight I got a copy of the OVA 2nd edition rpg, which also got me the Runequest Free RPG day book and the Pathfinder Adventure Goblin cards. 

• Like 5

Just received the Ral Partha AD&D Adventurers 11-002 Clerics with Staff and Warhammer female cleric in today's mail. When the 11-006 Dwarf Fighters With Warhammer female shows up in about a week or so, I will have completed 17 out of the 35 pairs of minis.

Which, including the eight singles I have, means that I am more than half way to completing the entire set.  :B):

(Note: 11-034 Dwarf Warriors and 11-035 Halfling Fighters were never released by Ral Partha, and were instead released as individual figures which are still currently available from Iron Wind Metals. So it's only a matter of time before I acquire them.)

I'm currently bidding on an auction for the female half of 11-011 Half-Elven Rangers, and a new-in-blister set of 11-022 Oriental Fighters is currently for sale from a guy's EvilBay store awaiting my next paycheck, so those may be coming to me in the near future as well.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4

Today I found out about a game store that has apparently been in business for longer than I've been alive, but which I'd never known about. My friends and I were going to have a D&D game there, but only two other people showed up so we just sat around and talked for a bit before buying some stuff and leaving.

I bought an Age of Sigmar starter box that has 3 Sigmarine Liberators and 2 Sigmarine Retributors, then 5 Chaos Bloodreavers and 3 Chaos Blood Warriors, 7 12mm D6, and the AoS rules.

I also bought 3 old Ral Partha Mage Knight figures - a Bone Golem, a Storm Golem, and a Blade Golem.

All told, it cost me $53.

The guy who owned the store had three boxes full of Mage Knight figures in the original boxes that they were sent to him in from the distributor, with their original pricing. He said he was going to have them sitting out for about a week before they'd go back in storage, which is where they'd been for the last 15+ years. I looked through them all, and wasn't all that impressed with the majority of them due to what seemed to be really soft detail, but I did like the 3 golems. He also had 4 old Partha dragons from their Dragon of the Month line - Vulture Dragon, Ice Dragon, Cyborg Dragon, and Ghost Dragon - still in their original boxes, still shrink wrapped. I was very tempted to buy the Ghost Dragon, but didn't because even with the old price of roughly $30 it was still more than I could spare at the moment when combined with everything else...

He said he also had some of the big Partha dragons in a box somewhere in storage that he was trying to find. If one of them is Takhisis I would be very hard pressed not to buy it just because...

20170626_211025.jpg

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 7

Got my Bones III replacement bits today. I can now close out the books on Bones III. I also got a tube of thermal paste that will hopefully aid my ailing laptop.

• Like 3

On 6/25/2017 at 9:06 PM, Dr.Bedlam said:

I found me a bottle of Dragon Sauce.

09876a9f-cf44-47f0-bca8-a0af283b7cb8_1.629404706100002b4830f38013d5d271.jpeg.8c15a4da1deee17e4e33c14153cbcafe.jpeg I thought they quit making the stuff! They made Dragon Sauce and Tiger Sauce, and then one day, allovasudden, it was just Tiger Sauce. None of the local grocers carried Dragon Sauce any more. And then, I find it at the little indy meat market down the street... fifteen years later!

Still vurra tasty stuff!

Doc, we still carry that at work. If you ever need any let me know!!!

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, haldir said:

Doc, we still carry that at work. If you ever need any let me know!!!

That's very sweet of you, Haldir... but now I know that the meat market three blocks from my house carries the stuff. That's what I get for not bein' more exploratory.

15 hours ago, Unruly said:

Today I found out about a game store that has apparently been in business for longer than I've been alive, but which I'd never known about. My friends and I were going to have a D&D game there, but only two other people showed up so we just sat around and talked for a bit before buying some stuff and leaving.

I bought an Age of Sigmar starter box that has 3 Sigmarine Liberators and 2 Sigmarine Retributors, then 5 Chaos Bloodreavers and 3 Chaos Blood Warriors, 7 12mm D6, and the AoS rules.

I also bought 3 old Ral Partha Mage Knight figures - a Bone Golem, a Storm Golem, and a Blade Golem.

All told, it cost me $53.

The guy who owned the store had three boxes full of Mage Knight figures in the original boxes that they were sent to him in from the distributor, with their original pricing. He said he was going to have them sitting out for about a week before they'd go back in storage, which is where they'd been for the last 15+ years. I looked through them all, and wasn't all that impressed with the majority of them due to what seemed to be really soft detail, but I did like the 3 golems. He also had 4 old Partha dragons from their Dragon of the Month line - Vulture Dragon, Ice Dragon, Cyborg Dragon, and Ghost Dragon - still in their original boxes, still shrink wrapped. I was very tempted to buy the Ghost Dragon, but didn't because even with the old price of roughly $30 it was still more than I could spare at the moment when combined with everything else...

He said he also had some of the big Partha dragons in a box somewhere in storage that he was trying to find. If one of them is Takhisis I would be very hard pressed not to buy it just because...

20170626_211025.jpg

I have DREAMS about finding places like this. Tip of the hat to your luck and your acquisitions. If one of those dragons is Takhisis, I may have to hitchhike north and murder you out of sheer envy.

Finally broke down and ordered Tales From The Yawning Portal. I've played every adventure in it that was written prior to 1985.

• Like 6