Thrym

Department of Acquisitions

14658 posts in this topic

Purchased ReaperCon badge and class tickets.  I guess I'll actually acquire them in October.

6 people like this

Bombshell Doberman mini came today. Love PK's dogs!!

Also got a special package from Archania's Workshop, LLC (3D printer I've been using for RC game props). My last order I requested the bridge pieces out of one of the Fat Dragon Games files/offerings & what I recieved was a rather large order of pieces. It consisted of some archways & a few flat pieces to connect the arches (ie a bridge). I sent off a email saying it was a misunderstanding & I didn't mind the pieces as it allowed me to get a hands on some of the thicker terrain pieces from FDG, ie the dungeon enviroment stuff so to speak. I told him I'd just order the wooden bridge pieces in my next order.

Little did I know he was sending those plus some wooden basket/bucket pieces I said I was going to request as well. Scott is one stand up guy!!

3 people like this

Picked up an assortment box of heatshrink tubing today. It's about time I fixed the Indian back-alley, sweatshop, vortex shaker I bought. 

Now to find one of my soldering irons...

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

The Dwarves of Covfefe Mountain?!

Isn't that the D&D adventure with the orange cover?

3 people like this

Acquired some paints in the mail today! Was somewhat surprises that they fit in our mailbox. My RFID wallet, tweezers, and owlbear dice bag are on their way.

20170714_114259.thumb.jpg.288b038510325b7b2f9b878fa2d412b7.jpg

5 people like this

So I bought a CAV Ace pack from ReaperCon, and because I had a class slot that I wasn't able to fill, I now have a CAV Book and 4 mechs headed my way.  

Yay?!? The rabbit hole deepens... and widens...

4 people like this

12 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

A little fairy named @Aryanun whispered in my ear and told me to get these:

She's a dark and dangerous fey creature! ::P:

8 people like this

43 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

She's a dark and dangerous fey creature! ::P:

Capricious and mercurial are suitable terms as well. ::P: That's what makes her so interesting!

4 people like this

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

A little fairy named @Aryanun whispered in my ear and told me to get these:

20170714_181426.thumb.jpg.f7147b7347adab8032a1c4a961fc35a2.jpg

Shiney!

6 people like this

The Coffee Dwarves are the favored servants of Agamenthar the Coffee God. The clans of Folgers and Maxwell House have been tasked with spreading his worship by the mug or the axe, whichever works best. Covfefe Mountain? Reading that has granted me a vision of a Mr. Coffee modified into a Dwarf Fortress.(debating if it should include lava) Looks like I'm going to have to hit up Goodwill on Monday.

6 people like this

You know... that would make a great dwarven fortress! Hmm....

*** singing ***

"The best part of waking up is good to the last drop"

4 people like this

A covfefe at Amazon resulted in me receiving a pair of LED gloves. I have to wait until customer service gets back to me to see whether I get to keep them or not. Amazon's new business plan of pretending that tiny mail-order companies are really their warehouses seems to be resulting in a significant uptick in botched packages.

3 people like this

9 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

The Coffee Dwarves are the favored servants of Agamenthar the Coffee God. The clans of Folgers and Maxwell House have been tasked with spreading his worship by the mug or the axe, whichever works best. Covfefe Mountain? Reading that has granted me a vision of a Mr. Coffee modified into a Dwarf Fortress.(debating if it should include lava) Looks like I'm going to have to hit up Goodwill on Monday.

How else would you steam the milk if you don't have lava? Coffee dwarves enjoy a good magma latte every now and then.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, etherial said:

A covfefe at Amazon resulted in me receiving a pair of LED gloves. I have to wait until customer service gets back to me to see whether I get to keep them or not. Amazon's new business plan of pretending that tiny mail-order companies are really their warehouses seems to be resulting in a significant uptick in botched packages.

We ordered a gaming table off of Amazon (dining table) and were told it failed delivery. Called up the shipping company, got them straightened out, turns out they forgot to write down the apartment number. They said they'd reship. My partner called Amazon to complain at their inability to copy-paste a simple address.

"Oh we're sorry, here, have a full refund. The item you ordered will be returned to the warehouse. Feel free to purchase again."

So we got a full refund. The next day the table arrived. Technically free since they did refund us and haven't asked for that money back.

May the botch be ever in your favor.

7 people like this