Thrym

Department of Acquisitions

14658 posts in this topic

My wallet, dice bag, and tweezers showed up today. I'm rather surprised since I only got the notice yesterday and it said it was coming from Kentucky. I am missing a pair of the tweezers so I emailed the seller and hope they will replace it without hassle.  I found the tweezers. They somehow came out of the very tightly closed package the rest of them were in (or just tossed into the box after packing the rest) and fell out of the box and found them on my bedroom floor. Luckily I did not step on them, they are quite pointy.

15001416026891517359134.thumb.jpg.9928b9f6bbdf5d05496ff2947b5b02af.jpg

Edited by SparrowMarie
3 people like this

I got a real sweet steal for y'all to be jelly over - 72 painted GW LOTR minis for 70$. The 9 Nazgul, the Fellowship, Arwen, two Gandalfs and a Sauruman, plus around 25 each goblins and 'orcs' - who are small enough I'm just gonna call them hobgoblins. And a troll.

And all in a Feldhurr case!

13 people like this

Amazon Day let me acquisitate some things I've wanted to add to my gaming table for some time - 

Spoiler

IMG_0950.thumb.JPG.1f1ee116b89334b7b9e2ab5c93336a28.JPG

Three tablets - to be precise, three Kindle Fire 7" 'book readers'. Currently they're partially functional - I've got ads removed, and Firechat running on them (so I can theoretically turn off wi-fi, and just use Bluetooth/NFC communications between them and my iPhone, which also has Firechat installed). Eventually, they will have locally synced files and databases for my game(s), so players don't have to reach for the print outs - and at some point, all of the character sheets will be on there as well, possibly. 

8 people like this

If anybody remembers the old Falcon Fantasy miniatures, I've just discovered that a lot of them are still available from Stan Johansen Miniatures...

There's no direct link to the Falcon Stuff he sells from the main page of his site, but there's a link to it on the Falcon page of the Lost Minis Wiki, and the page appears to have been updated recently.

Most of the old Falcon stuff is pretty hideously dated, but they do have this awesomely funky old-school wizard shooting a lightning bolt, with a skull and a spellbook on the base... :B):

Fan002%20wiz%20lightning.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
5 people like this

Sure there IS a link on the main page...  

Nearly at the bottom... 

Look for 'Retro'

2 people like this

Reaper order for July showed up today. Less then a week shipping, gotta love that. I must have goofed in my ordering as I got 2 of a mini I only needed 1 of, eh, oh well. No worries.

4 people like this

Arrived today...

Intellivision Dungeons and Dragons game cartridge... It came with the box, the cartridge itself and the directions - but not the insert cards for the Intellivision controls, unfortunately.

596acc88b8773_IntellivisionDD.thumb.jpg.951ec4f490e7d145e09925ed5180c5a4.jpg

I have no idea if it works or not since I have nothing to play it on, and never played it back in the day either. But it's old-school and D&D related, so I got it off EvilBay for $10 + reasonable shipping.

11 people like this

54 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Arrived today...

Intellivision Dungeons and Dragons game cartridge... It came with the box, the cartridge itself and the directions - but not the insert cards for the Intellivision controls, unfortunately.

596acc88b8773_IntellivisionDD.thumb.jpg.951ec4f490e7d145e09925ed5180c5a4.jpg

I have no idea if it works or not since I have nothing to play it on, and never played it back in the day either. But it's old-school and D&D related, so I got it off EvilBay for $10 + reasonable shipping.

I had that! It wasn't tabletop, but it was pretty good for its time.

4 people like this

On 7/12/2017 at 11:26 AM, Grayfax said:

Because I saw the WIP of the Hangout Mini of the Month... I made an impulse buy...

03162: Kagunk, Ogre Boss
03803: Laril Silverhand, Female Elven Blacksmith (RPG NPC)
03801: Kogo, Male Kitsune (Thoughts... percolating... )
03802: Dijoro, Female Kitsune 
09248: Moth Green (because @Guindyloo told me to)
09022: Nightshade Purple
09732: Clear Brights One (because I have no clears... yet...)
Happy 25th Anniversary! Your order has received 1x Darius the Blue ... and everytime I get a bonus figure it seems to be a wizard.

These arrived today!  Realized I didn't take a photo until after I had sorted everything... but have no fear... some of these will be featured in other areas of the forum shortly.

4 people like this

3 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Arrived today...

NICE!  I am not sure if I have that in the case with my intellivision or not. I always liked that game back when and may have it already.

All I acquired today was $2950 after paying $175 for a poker tournament up at OK.  Long day but what a fun one.

9 people like this

Acquired because Walking Dead game, because toy cars, because Volkswagens.

(Rick mini from Mantics TWD shown for scale)

Uhm, is it still figmentia if I'm buying the vehicles FOR my minis? :unsure:

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

11 people like this

15 hours ago, etherial said:

A covfefe at Amazon resulted in me receiving a pair of LED gloves. I have to wait until customer service gets back to me to see whether I get to keep them or not. Amazon's new business plan of pretending that tiny mail-order companies are really their warehouses seems to be resulting in a significant uptick in botched packages.

From what I understand, they actually have all that stuff at the Amazon warehouses, mixed in with the actual stuff sold by Amazon, and just pick it off the shelf as needed. Which means that at times, you may end up with the wrong thing even when an item is "shipped from and sold by Amazon" because one of the third party sellers that uses their warehouse labeled something wrong. For instance, I got a "retail packaging" replacement battery for my phone that came in an unlabeled clear plastic bag, despite being sold directly by Amazon. I returned it, because my experience with those is that despite having the proper labels(or at least looking that way), they're cheap Chinese counterfeits.

Edited by Unruly
5 people like this

On 7/14/2017 at 5:37 PM, Grayfax said:

Guess I have to change my answer.  I have now acquired some Sci-Fi models, if CAV figures count... though I don't have them in hand yet.

And here we are... 

IMG_4118.thumb.JPG.21862b12401374b5c6600962627d8ebf.JPG

And now these piles of scrap look need to be cleaned and assembled... and I have no idea what I'm doing!  Yay!  Science!

j/k ... so far they look fairly straightforward, just lots of pieces on a couple of these... and Darius the Second Blue 

Of course, I skimmed the book and was still confused because there were no listed models... and then I went back and saw the Data Sheets.  Sure wish you could just buy a pack of all of them printed on glossy cardstock.  Or individual ones... whatever...

And now I have much learning to accomplish but I also still need to work on Kagunk... 

8 people like this

Yes vehicles for minis count. At least I hope so as I've slowly acquired a small fleet of Jada's Fast and the Furious cars for my redneck warband.

5 people like this

I was more meaning CAV Mechs counting as Sci Fi, which in my book they do.  

Some of these guys are going to be a bit fiddly, but everything fits except for a couple of the lower sections overlapping the bases... but I think I can clip off parts of that and make them work.  Two are really good fits and two are overlapping by quite a bit.  I can see that cleaning these is going to take some time and now I have to roll dice and see if I'm pushing through on the metal figure or prepping Mechs.  

2 people like this