14685 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

:huh:<_<::P:

And how are you going to fit them all into your project? :lol:

2 people like this

01606: Reaper Silver Anniversary - Darius the Blue  $11.99 x1
10004: Dragon Bone Catapult  $29.99 x1

Happy 25th Anniversary!  Your order has received 1x Darius the Blue

I'm kinda upset with myself that I didn't order last month's anniversary mini, but oh well. I got myself a skeleton catapult to make up for it.

4 people like this

After work I was ready to go home, when my ears caught the sound of plaintive cries. Following this to the FLGS I came across the following minis, who'd been on the shelf for several months now and having the means to do so, I adopted them.

10034 Mousling Tavern (the clerk thought that they would've moved before this but I informed him that they were simply waiting for me to have the funding.)

50045 Jesse Moonwalker, Werewolf (My witches now have a werewolf with a shotgun, since he's a bit taller than the Westwind biker werewolves, he'll likely be pack leader.)

77393 Marilith ( one of the last Bones they had in stock, and I haven't painted a snek lady before.)

Wizkids Dwarf Wizards (Prophets for the Coffee Dwarf Clans)

Wizkids Blink Dogs ( Likely to be the adversaries  when I finally get around to my Sam Ayer/Harry Dresden scene.)

Citadel Drakenhof Nightshade ( will come in useful as I don't have a blue wash per se, just heavily watered GW Regal Blue. It works well enough but I must admit a fondness for the GW washes.)

Now to pat my wallet gently and speak to it in a soothing voice, for it knows Bones 4 is coming....

3 people like this

9 hours ago, epimys said:

I had to show these to my boyfriend, since he used to be part of a theater group that shadowcast this Pirate Movie - he usually played the big guy - and now he wants me to paint a set for him.

Oh, man - I'd love to shadowcast that movie... ::D:

My old Rocky Horror cast has so far done Rocky Horror, Shock Treatment, Clue, South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut, Evil Dead, Army of Darkness, REPO: The Genetic Opera and The Devil's Carnival, as well as Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog and episodes of Buffy and firefly.

4 people like this

Order placed with fantization miniatures (one of my favorite mini-stores):

• Beelphagor the Soul Reaper, 54mm Box Set - Warlord Saga  AE-WS051
  • Verthandi, Sword of Light, 54mm Box Set - Warlord Saga AE-WS331
    • Going to do a vignette with these two facing off against each other at some point.
  • German Shepherd - Bombshell Sidekicks BOM600311
  • Jodee Lynx - Bombshell Sidekicks  BOM600331
    • I like having plenty of smaller animals for druids, rangers, animal companions, and to help fill out scenes with dioramas and vignettes.
  • PRE-ORDER - Lucy, Nude Female - Hasslefree Fantasy Humans  HFH1481
  • Concubine (b), Naked Female - Fantasy Humans  HFH0751
    • I plan on doing a Conan diorama with a couple of nude girls, inspired by Frazetta art
8 people like this

Not hobby related but I went to the Columbia outlet store and bought some new clothes and a nifty rain jacket so that when I visit my family later this month any pics taken won't show me wearing the same clothes as last year.

Or the year before that.

And the year before.

Or the year...

:unsure:

6 people like this

12 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Not hobby related but I went to the Columbia outlet store and bought some new clothes and a nifty rain jacket so that when I visit my family later this month any pics taken won't show me wearing the same clothes as last year.

Or the year before that.

And the year before.

Or the year...

:unsure:

You say that like it's some kind of problem.  Money saved by not buys clothes equals more money for minis, right?!?

6 people like this

3 minutes ago, hdclearman said:

You say that like it's some kind of problem.  Money saved by not buys clothes equals more money for minis, right?!?

That's why I spend so much time here.

I'm with my people. ::D:

7 people like this

16 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

And how are you going to fit them all into your project? :lol:

With a shoehorn!

Nah, there will be more projects.

Aside from this!

I got  gift from our resident Barbarian @ub3r_n3rd!

A Magnet from Las Vegas.

Spoiler

DSCN7064.thumb.JPG.f4e79ad9847ee968d593c9e9a1b5f9c7.JPG

A Pirate Girl

Spoiler

DSCN7065.thumb.JPG.3cb55cc215771c8bad8267ecd131aa23.JPG

A few Rackham Confrontation Minis

Spoiler

DSCN7066.thumb.JPG.7dc1ca1fac0ec863aabcba43ac7a60ea.JPG

And the Jewel in the Crown: Ub3r painted a Wolf Avatar for me!!!

Spoiler

59734db8752e3_WolfAvatarUb3r(1).thumb.JPG.17ba587c2f4cbbc599b0536063c8c999.JPG59734db996f6d_WolfAvatarUb3r(2).JPG.53a0bc73e9f90f8be380854bc196a26f.JPG59734dbb0d1b1_WolfAvatarUb3r(3).thumb.JPG.967fdfe921f1ec85f4e7f6c4972c5859.JPG

4 people like this

Yesterday I sealed a deal for 75 more vintage Grenadier and Ral Partha miniatures.  They're all loose, but the lot does include a healthy number of officially licensed AD&D figs.  I love buying big lots.

The Egg

3 people like this

16 hours ago, Unruly said:

01606: Reaper Silver Anniversary - Darius the Blue  $11.99 x1
10004: Dragon Bone Catapult  $29.99 x1

Happy 25th Anniversary!  Your order has received 1x Darius the Blue

I'm kinda upset with myself that I didn't order last month's anniversary mini, but oh well. I got myself a skeleton catapult to make up for it.

Various online outlets carry the anniversary minis. You still have a chance at getting June's offering.

Acquired: New phones for my wife & I & a new phone carrier as well!!

Also, limited edition Revell Star Destroyer model kit finally acquired. I'll post pics later.

2 people like this

20 hours ago, David Brawley said:

I wish I'd gotten more giants...

For their skullz? :huh:

2 people like this

Update to my previous post:

Dropbox link to the Revell Star Destroyer model kit.

Note I tried to link up to the parts that make each half of the body. (2 tops & 2 bottoms), why the body pic looks weird. Also Sir Forscale is in every picture. He is near the name on the giant elf box the kit came in. The big picture is a cardstock insert showing the kit in all it's painted glory. Nice for reference work. On the sprue pic, the oddball long hexagon like pieces & the big X pieces are the stands for the kit. There are 2 of them, the model just sits on top of them. No goofy landing gear style ones like in the cheap "toy" offering they did when Rogue One came out. Finally, the instructions are typical Revell style & such.

I'm gonna add to the kit by getting a 3D printed garbage shoot/bay & tiny Falcon from Shapeways. They also offer the power generators (the globes on the bridge) but seeing the kit ones I may just use those. Also debating on doing either a captured Tantive IV in the docking bay or a chase scene with the Falcon & Ties, using wires to connect the ships to the SD. Heck I may just do all 3 scenes. :B):

I'm glad this finally showed up as I wanted to get in on the limited edition (only 1,000 made worldwide) & thought I wasn't going to get it with my local mom & pop hobby shop delaying the order for it all the time, but was happy when I got the call this week saying it was in. I'm sooooo glad I pre-paid for this one. Most expensive model kit I've ever bought (total price with shipping added was over $150. It beats the 1/350 scale Polar Lights Star Trek Enterprise kit by about $50 bucks. I will admit, it comes in the worst time possible with ReaperCon game prep in full swing right now....sigh. :blink:

2 people like this

1 hour ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

For their skullz? :huh:

screen_shot_2015_07_26_at_165448.png

2 people like this

17 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Oh, man - I'd love to shadowcast that movie... ::D:

My old Rocky Horror cast has so far done Rocky Horror, Shock Treatment, Clue, South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut, Evil Dead, Army of Darkness, REPO: The Genetic Opera and The Devil's Carnival, as well as Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog and episodes of Buffy and firefly.

Ermergerd - more people who know of Repo! The Genetic Opera! I LOVE that one! 

2 people like this